Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160056 times)

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #885 on: October 13, 2016, 10:58:58 am »

((Isn't Ratodx about the same size as Vhan. If so we could both fit into a small hole.))
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 13, 2016, 11:22:51 am »

((I think he's larger, his girth should be about half way between a kobold and a dwarf.))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 13, 2016, 11:33:15 am »

"If we make the whole a bit bigger Ratodx should be able to fit under the fence as well."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #888 on: October 13, 2016, 02:37:28 pm »

Reseti, can your birds fly in the dark? Can they silently deploy Ratodx and Vhan, and maybe someone else behind the moot (the hill keep) for them to prepare some mischief before our night attack?

"Never tried passengers before. They may be able to carried in the claws or the lightest on the saddle with my, but either way, deployment from the bird will be risky. I can get them there, though."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 13, 2016, 04:06:36 pm »

"Let's make the infiltration by land, then. Some other time we should consider acclimatizing the birds to the other team members, though, maybe we could use the tactical flexibility."

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 13, 2016, 04:07:02 pm »

"What's our transportation?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 13, 2016, 04:46:17 pm »

"Let me brief everybody at once, just a moment..."
Amadou links to all team members' comms and patches the call to the room's main screen.

"Guys, here's the updated plan. If anyone has anything to say, please speak up.

The first phase will have us by the village on the VTOL. Before landing, we'll use the plane's sensor suite to scan the terrain and find both an appropriate landing zone and two or three evacuation routes to a secondary and tertiary LZs if everything goes really pear-shaped. This data will be fed to everyone's helmets - did you learn how to use overlays and windows?
Reseti will keep overwatch with his bird while we'll use the trike to go to the gates and run back if necessary.

The second phase is if the diplomacy fails: we'll extract back to the VTOL and redeploy out of sight, and wait until nightfall. I'm considering delaying our departure so we'll arrive for phase one in the middle or late afternoon, so we won't have to wait too long in the wilderness risking being found by a forester or a scouting patrol.

We close back on the village - the trike can take four passengers, maybe six if you cram and breathe one at a time. Sorry, that was a joke, but it'd be really tight.
Reseti says that he could carry Vhan, maybe Ratodx, but it might take two trips to assemble the team on the secondary LZ, which will also be our staging area.

Vhan and Ratodx are to wait until we're in position, I don't want them unassisted if the infiltration goes wrong. Reseti once again is to keep an eye on them, relay video of the enemy's movements, and help if needed, or maybe even take them out of there - but that will be for him to decide. Ideally we'd have the VTOL transmitting the data, but they haven't been ordered to help, so we can't count on it.

If the village surrenders, we wait there for the militia to find the vampire; otherwise we'll have to set up search parties to look for it on foot. Either way, we loot for knowledge and put it in the VTOL if it's around.

We'll go to the vampire by VTOL, but we need to see how that goes."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:50:10 pm by Maegil »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 13, 2016, 05:47:39 pm »

Spoiler: Mako Vance (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:21:02 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 13, 2016, 05:50:18 pm »

((Looks good. Plop a copy in the OOC for Zomara later.))

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 13, 2016, 05:59:27 pm »

"No complaints here. Heading back to the barracks now." Danh says over comms, as he begins moving back to the barracks from the cafeteria.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 13, 2016, 06:00:23 pm »

((Maybe your account had just been associated with AGT 0047, and you got that group message above; I don't know if you had been briefed or have no idea of what's about.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 13, 2016, 06:01:10 pm »

((They'll be introduced by Vk when Vk's done with work prolly.))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 13, 2016, 06:14:40 pm »

[They'll be an attached mechanic for the VTOL.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 13, 2016, 09:53:12 pm »

Sounds good to me.

Dexter goes back to the gun range to practice some more(if allowed) and then heads back to the barracks, showers, and goes to bed.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 13, 2016, 10:47:02 pm »

Khaiden tries to find out how to learn the Terran alphabet so he can read what they've written.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 201