Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160112 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #870 on: October 12, 2016, 10:45:51 pm »

Right, let me get on with the acquisitions. I'll apply to have a few more grenades made available to disable the ballistae, see about the Akras flag and a white one of the same size, and go get the flamer. The microwave, the inverter and the Megaphone should be sent to the plane.

Among Reserti, Vhan, Dexter, Melnakos and myself, we can each tip in three credits to make the missing fifteen, Danh can go get the flamer.

((Good night, I'm off to bed))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 12, 2016, 11:12:27 pm »

"Do ya gitz 'ave any zireek? If ya wanna knock 'em out, it does a pretty goodun."
"I frankly do not have a clue what Zireek is. We have tranquilizers running at 7C for a pistol and 1C per clip of 6 shots and 11C for a rifle and 3C per clip of 18 shots if you desire to purchase such."

Ratodx makes a note to recommend Regon be involved in some sample collection missions. What he's mentioned sounds like sleeperweed to Ratodx, and if he's toting out the proper name as an orc, then they'll want his experience in flora and fauna.

And then he's realized that a plan has been formed when he's been day dreaming. I really need to fix that.

"Oi, Boss! I actually have an idea about a different plan that might work out. I was distracted a bit by something Regon said and only just caught up on the fact that we were making a plan. It's your call in any case, but I figured you might want to hear other options."

"So the current plan is to keep the VTOL back and to approach the villagers on terms they're familiar with, a confrontation at the gates. Makes sense and it keeps valuable gear safe, but if we want to show them that they stand no chance, that's the wrong way to go about it. Have the VTOL deploy us straight into the middle of the village and then go off on a patrol circling it, making sure that nothing escapes. Some backwater like this isn't going to have a significant magic presence, especially if there's a vampire there preying on the population. The ballista won't even dent the VTOL if it's built to take hits from Terran tech, so a worst case situation is if they use it on us, at which point we're already inside. And trust me, those things don't turn so easy. I mean, they do turn, but Vhan should have time to get over there to do his thing, especially with everyone's attention on us. Once we're landed, we'll do some demonstrations to show that Akras isn't anything they can compete with, and even if they're under the domain of a Knight or Lord or some crap, that level of influence and power means nothing to Akras. Maybe coordinate with the VTOL to highlight that point somehow. The only real difference between the plans is where we're deploying from really, and using the VTOL to a greater effect.

"I really think that playing up Akras's strength, right at the initial point of contact, is the play to make. It'll show that we can afford to so blatantly ignore their defenses and that giving into what Akras wants is what's going to keep them alive. And once we've shown Akras's strength, we can also show the benefits of working with Akras and how giving Akras what it wants is what's best for them. How exactly we should do that is a bit more of a question. I have a few ideas, but I'd like to hear what you think before I dive even deeper into this."

"Also, didn't Khaidne say something about a cage or something?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 13, 2016, 12:00:26 am »

You then realize that you've no idea what the fuck a VTOL is, but presumably it's something that fly?

I mean, you're a Gobbo, you've heard of some steam clans with gyrocopters that flies, so surely Akras has something like that too, right?

oh if only you could see it now.. you'd cream your little Goblin pants.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 13, 2016, 12:09:05 am »

Counter argument: Amadou gave a primer on Terran Military history which included Terran Modern day. There was several reasons he was day dreaming at the end of the video, such that he caused a microwave to explode.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 13, 2016, 01:45:16 am »

Danh is off getting the flamer, perhaps more happily than he should.
In all honesty, he's excited about seeing what a bunch of medieval peasants think about a quality flamethrower.
He hopes it's them calling it a dragon.
That'd be nice.
Dragon-King.
Danh the Dragon-King.
Nice.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 13, 2016, 07:41:00 am »

As soon as he's dismissed, Regon stretches his limbs after being sat on such a small chair, then leaves the briefing room for the squad barracks.

Upon reaching the barracks, he leaves his gear by one of the beds and moves to a corner of the room. He takes his knife out and cuts his palm then proceeds to draw a 2 meter wide circle with runes in each corner. Regon then sits down in the middle and begins to carve out totems using his knife,
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 13, 2016, 07:51:24 am »

"Well, we could refine the contingency plan, but I would really rather be able to solve it diplomatically instead of putting any of us at risk - and if we start by dropping right in the middle with the VTOL there won't be a chance to talk and we can still get an arrow in the throat, however good our armour is.
Still, there is merit to having people already inside if it comes to a practical application of force...

Reseti, can your birds fly in the dark? Can they silently deploy Ratodx and Vhan, and maybe someone else behind the moot (the hill keep) for them to prepare some mischief before our night attack?

Ratodx and Vhan. Besides the ballistae, I'd like the moot bridge to be stuck in the lowered position and the keep to be rendered indefensible - use smoke, fire, explosives, an AP round to the main support columns, whatever hits your fancy. Take your weapons, and cover each other; if you get in a tight spot we'll go in with weapons blazing, otherwise keep stealthy until we draw them with an attack on the front gate and get them from behind."

Amadou starts looking for and downloading to his PDA some video highlights of the siege and battle of Castle 001, specially of the hordes being slaughtered and the immense creature falling to the ground screaming under an artillery barrage.
He also adds a panoramic or aerial image of the camp (covered in blood, dead monkeys and sigils) to show how powerful Akras magic is, that even a god was helpless against it, and how few people we needed to take down a physical god and his hordes.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 13, 2016, 09:24:00 am »

Danh is ready, having purchased the flamethrower. This'd go on his back, along with the Bullpup. And the Stormtrooper...Amadou said to mount that on a thing, right? Might be a good idea to bring along a hardpoint too, then. Double checking all the weapons were tucked away nice and neat, he began making his way back to the barracks, tapping out a message to Amadou on his own PDA.
'Hey boss, LMG and flamer are ready to go whenever.'

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 13, 2016, 09:25:01 am »

Vhan's to-do list:
  • Rig Ballistas to explode
  • Lower moot bridge and disable raising mechanism
  • Set keep on fire with grenade or resources from keep
  • And if there's anytime left set traps and collapse buildings preferably the armory

Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 13, 2016, 09:59:31 am »

"My thinkin' is that dropping us in the middle of the village and not immediately killing people is going to make them want to know what's going on and ask questions, but it's your call boss. Just don't forget to show the nice things that Akras has, like hot running water, food for centuries, stuff like that." Assuming that the matter is concluded, Ratodx will stow his gear and then alternate between the literacy program and tech videos til sleep.

Or that was the plan, til he sees Regon setting up a ritual. "Oi, Regon. Wassa doin'?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 13, 2016, 10:15:32 am »

"They're not supposed to see you coming or know you're there until the attack starts, that's why I was asking if the birds can fly at night and deploy you stealthily. If it can't be done we'll have to think of something else.

We have a technological edge, but that doesn't make us invulnerable."

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 13, 2016, 10:29:57 am »

"We could just sneak up from the side and cut a hole in the fence or dig under it. I'm small so I won't need that much room."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 13, 2016, 10:47:27 am »

"...or that might also do the job. Still, I'd rather if you had some backup to watch your back while you work and in case you run into trouble.

We're discussing the plans to pick holes in them, evaluate options, and see what might work best, so please keep the ideas coming."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 13, 2016, 10:55:46 am »

Danh is meanwhile at the cafeteria, eating whatever happened to be served for [whatever meal is/was closest]. He wasn't thinking about plans, though. Other stuff. Mind drifting. Regardless, he didn't have any good ideas for this mission. So instead, he'd drift about for now, until he got called in.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:57:57 am by Bill Chompski »

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 13, 2016, 10:58:10 am »

Regon looks up at Ratodx from his work.
"Oi oi, dis iz just a little prep fo' da ritual we might be needin'. Itz a gud spot for muh mornin' rituals. If ya be needin' any magic just gimme a shout"
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 201