Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34514 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #375 on: November 18, 2016, 03:54:21 pm »

@Supernerd: Does runt only affect HP or does it reduce the labour ability? If nothing else, a cautious runt could make for a good farmer.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 18, 2016, 04:47:13 pm »

((I feel like, as the mother of these children, I should do something to stop you from straight up killing your sister. However, this will depend on Supernerds answer to Maegil's question))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 18, 2016, 04:57:07 pm »

No ability technically affects a characters stats. (For example, the fast ability does not technically increase a characters speed stat; though the difference will rarely if ever matter.)

Also, I'm impressed with how cold Elfa is acting towards her newborn sister. Its things like this that make running a forum game so worthwhile!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 18, 2016, 08:52:11 pm »

At this point in our tribe, we can't afford to try to support the runts of the litter. It is a hard choice, but it is for the good of our groups survival.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 18, 2016, 10:19:32 pm »

We aren't certain yet, so there's no need to kill her. If there isn't enough food for all, oh well, but otherwise that cautious, unadventurous runt's labour will soon be feeding half the tribe's population without complaining of boredom.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 19, 2016, 01:03:04 pm »

Does anyone know anything about Imic that I have not been informed about? I want to know if I should just stop waiting for him and update if everyone else posted.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 19, 2016, 01:09:03 pm »

Does anyone know anything about Imic that I have not been informed about? I want to know if I should just stop waiting for him and update if everyone else posted.
I just PM'd him asking that
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 19, 2016, 02:44:04 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Rule Update*
I have decided that children do not have the authority to exile characters.

The character list has been moved to be near the top of the update just under the map. This change has been done for the purpose of GM convenience.

Information on a new stat called "Equipment" has been added to the first post. View the Stats and Caste spoiler for more info.

*Note*
Having suffered from Stirk's nonsense in Alchemech Blessed, I have decided that I do not want to punish other players for Imic's neglect of this game by neither making any kind of response or clarifying they are no longer interested in playing. That being said, I am going to put him on auto-starve mode until the problem resolves itself one way or another.

*Tip*
Attempting to take resources from the communal inventory when another character would take those resources has a chance to fail.

Turn 26
Upkeep: All six units of food are eaten. Imic, Easter Sunday and Beatrix Purnima take 2 starvation damage.

Easter Sunday attempts to move to F7, but only has enough movement to make it to F6!

Beatrix Purnima harvests the farmland at F7 using the farming tool to collect 4 love berries and 1 giant love berry. Research on Fur Clothing has been completed. All four children have been given names.

Elfa moves to F6 to collect 1 Unnamed Mushroom. Elfa consumes 2 food to restore 1 health, though this is perhaps not the most appropriate time to do so. Research begins on Improved Foraging.

Asker of questions uses 1 unnamed Yellow Plant to maintain the fire because no damage has been done to a Fluffit nest. Love Berries are set to be rationed at a time when your civilization most assuredly cannot afford to ration them. Asker then harvests the Paddy field, and is able to obtain 3 waterleaf this time. It is made apparant that no method of building repair has been researched. Asker of Questions takes 2 starvation damage in place of Libra.

Alexander Questions attacks the Palisade at F7, dealing 2 damage to it and taking 4 damage. Alexander has passed away, and the Palisade has been destroyed. Perhaps a building made entirely of bloody thorns was not a very safe place for newborn children after all!

Sandy Questions wanders off to E7 and collects 2 Unnamed Yellow Plants.

Tal Questions moves to F6 and uses 1 Vine Grabber plate to create 1 Gathering Tool for Mushrooms.

Libra Questions moves to F6 and gathers 1 Unnamed Mushroom.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 19, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »

dammit Alexander, wtf
Also, I messaged Imic, he's out.

Harvest the farm on F7 using the farming tool. Command the children to keep foraging. Research/teach Green Thumb
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:26:32 am by S34N1C »

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 19, 2016, 04:04:37 pm »

Keep researching the wall section. Use two love berries to expand the farm at F7 and unration the rest. Call Libra to come over and harvest the paddy with the waterleaf gathering tool. Tell Beatrix to teach her how if necessary, and to make sure that she eats.
(One action left.
@Supernerd: Why didn't the nest suffer damage, is it a burrow?
@S34N1C: WTF indeed... Anyway, how about researching animal husbandry? Depending on the GM's reply I might take the hoe to the fluffit nest, and perhaps find young ones.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:06:40 pm by Maegil »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 19, 2016, 04:34:09 pm »

Nothing involving the nest happened on the previous turn because buildings cannot be used unless they existed at the start of the turn; so your attempt to use it failed. I am constantly telling you people that you cannot use something if it didn't exist at the start of the turn. I'll go through your actions and my analysis of it.

I probably should have specified that you cannot use buildings if they did not exist at the start of the turn, but I really thought that you immediately would have guessed this.

Keep researching the wall section.
Research is Free Action - No change
Eat two berries.
Reduce food further and heal 1
Make a camp fire on F7 with the an yggdrasil branch and a golden branch.
-2 Labor. 1 Labor remains
If the nest bush is far enough not to create a wild fire that could endanger the other buildings on fire,
Condition = True
set an arrow on fire and use it to ignite the nest bush.
Building did not exist at start of turn. Action is invalid. Terminate Conditional Branch
If not, make a string with a yellow plant.
-1 Labor. 0 Labor remains
Go to G6 and grab a couple of logs.
I cannot recall why you did not move to G6, or if this was a GM error. Picking up an item and doing nothing else with it would not actually have any effect on anything though.

Tell Beatrix that she should try to get giant berries instead.
Communication with other player: Ignore
Don't let the children forage in F7, there are bloody thorns that can hurt them and they've only 1HP. Instead send them to F6 for mushrooms and branches.
Command registered. Proceeding with making children disregard it.
If we do lack food, take the children's starvation on myself.
-2 health for you.
On F7:
If the Fluffits nest is completely destroyed
It is not. Condition = False
let the fire die out, otherwise feed it with a yellow plant.
-1 Yellow Plant
Ration the next four love berries for replanting. Unration the water leaf.
Stupid Stupid Dumb. Love berries now marked as rationed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 19, 2016, 04:57:27 pm »

Ah! Good bugswatting there...

All right, for the third action set an arrow on fire and use it to ignite the nest bush. Feed another yellow plant to the camp fire.
As for the logs, I thought they were in my inventory and I would have dragged them with me back to F7, where I want to start to build the wall when it's researched. Drop the logs at F7.

If necessary take starvation damage in place of the children.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 19, 2016, 07:42:48 pm »

Easter Sunday makes sure to eat food of some sort! He then moves from F6 to G6, using the stone axe to chop down more trees. He continues researching spiked shield.

((Well, I guess playing with bloody thorns is a bad idea, especially when you only have 1hp.))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:45:54 pm by vishdafish »

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 19, 2016, 07:44:24 pm »

Why would I eat an extra bit of food if I didn't take it from Libra? Please read my action again. No where did I say I would eat extra food if my attempt to take her food failed. If it had a chance to fail, the action should have been abandoned.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 19, 2016, 07:53:49 pm »

You did. She got starved, I took the damage. Please don't do it again or I'll take even more damage next time, and will have to discipline you - if I survive.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:57:57 pm by Maegil »

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34