Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34508 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #390 on: November 19, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »

I must say, watching this is quite amusing.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 19, 2016, 08:17:42 pm »

Also Maegil, I think you should teach Libra how to harvest because of your teaching ability
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 19, 2016, 09:12:37 pm »

She can already farm normally (farming is a natural ability - Farming: Reduces the odds that negative events will occur when farming. No effect on severe effects). I was asking you because of your green thumb ability, but maybe we both should tip in with our abilities and so it comes out better.

We still need the farms extended, so if it takes labour we'll have to postpone the teaching and just let her farm without the green thumb for now. We'll also soon need more farming tools, but we're out of branches and using logs for them is overkill (the saw, and planks, are now on my research list).

If it's a free action, team up with Beatrix to Teach Libra the Green Thumb ability.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:21:15 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 19, 2016, 09:29:13 pm »

I have looked over Elfa's action again, and have confirmed that there has NOT been a GM error.

I will also point out that actually making use of the teaching ability would require some research. There are actually quite a few abilities that won't help prior to researching stuff. (Green Thumb would actually be an excellent example of one.)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 19, 2016, 09:31:43 pm »

Noted: researching skills can make them better in some fashion.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 19, 2016, 09:39:23 pm »

Aw well... Put the Wall section research on hold and invite Beatrix to start cooperative research on Teaching Green Thumb.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 20, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »

You guys have made an oversight with repercussions severe enough for me to hold up the update and give you a chance to figure out what you really should do.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 20, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »

Food eatable this turn:
2 Love Berry (2 are being planted), 1 Giant Love Berry (food x2), 3 Waterleaf, 2 Mushrooms, total 9 food, 8 are eaten and 1 remain.

Food being harvested to be available on the next turn: 5 farms by Beatrix, (the farm I'm making isn't active yet) and 2 paddies by Libra, for a total of 7 +1 leftover, plus whatever we get from foraging, which should be enough...

...if Beatrix uses the farming tool and Libra the waterleaf gathering tool, otherwise 3+1, +1 leftover. Is that it?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:38:12 pm by Maegil »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2016, 09:38:08 pm »

I'll give you a hint. I've nagged you about this in previous tips, and there is actually a hint somewhere between the last update and this post.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2016, 08:11:02 am »

Ah, I see. Your unnecessarily sarcastic remark about me healing at 1 HP made it sound like you misread it. I didn't realize Asker was still willing to take damage to help the runt. Sorry GM (please don't smite me).

The whole "hate the runt" thing is totally in character btw. While she thinks her sister is a waste of resources, I myself don't actually hate short people.

Elfa continues to forage on F6, taking advantage of her Hard Worker ability. She continues to research Improved Foraging.

Did we ration the loveberries?
Ration the next four love berries for replanting. Unration the water leaf.
Stupid Stupid Dumb. Love berries now marked as rationed.

Shame about Alexander, he was the only other one with the Hard Worker ability.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:13:35 am by Elvish Miner »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 21, 2016, 08:26:44 am »

I did, but they're unrationed now. We've guaranteed our food supply for now but still depend on foraging or giant crops if we're to expand the farms, though.

It seems I'm too thick to take a hint, so if anyone knows what's amiss please tell me.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 21, 2016, 08:41:19 am »

Lol I was counting on you to figure it out

Glory to United Forenia!

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 21, 2016, 10:19:29 am »

Other thoughts on what it might be:

Someone using an item that was picked up at the start of this turn.

Canceling research on something, which causes all progress to be removed.

Attempting to collaborate while someone is using deep thinking, or not on the same tile.

Too many characters working on the same farm? (I don't actually know if this is a thing.)

That's all I got.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 21, 2016, 10:42:48 am »

Other thoughts on what it might be:

Someone using an item that was picked up at the start of this turn.

Canceling research on something, which causes all progress to be removed.

Attempting to collaborate while someone is using deep thinking, or not on the same tile.

Too many characters working on the same farm? (I don't actually know if this is a thing.)

That's all I got.
Nobody announced using items - except for the berry gathering tool that I told Libra to use. BTW, S34N1C, you should say you're using the farming tool, or the GM's OCD might kick in... ;)

I think you have to have two suspended researches for them to be lost, but I might be wrong on that... Supernerd?

Neither Beatrix or my character is using deep thinking, and we're on the same tile.

Beatrix is the only one farming the existing berry plots, and they've been both expanded and farmed by more than one person before without stopping work on the rest of the farm.

...maybe we must declare that we're eating our share? There's enough food for all this turn; besides, S34N1C and Imic usually don't, and they're still alive...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 21, 2016, 01:48:54 pm »

Maybe its cause the children are in f7 and might play with the thorns?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34