Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34513 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #345 on: November 12, 2016, 03:18:59 pm »

I farm in F7
Continue researching millstones.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 12, 2016, 03:53:31 pm »

I was about to do the update when I realized that declaring where your intended target is does not indicate that you are planning to be in that tile if you are attacking with a ranged weapon such as a bow. Someone needs to clarify that before you get the next update.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 12, 2016, 04:31:09 pm »

Edited post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 12, 2016, 05:31:01 pm »

Edited post!

Oh. I was actually referring to Maegil.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 12, 2016, 08:59:06 pm »

Well, I am in the tile and didn't say I was moving anywhere... All right, edited.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #350 on: November 12, 2016, 09:27:22 pm »

you guys should look into basic mathematics --a lurker

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 13, 2016, 04:52:31 pm »

*Tip*
Combat does not use labor. If you try to use labor while in combat, you get 1 fuck per labor point you try to use. For example, if you use 2 labor while in combat you will get fucked two times. This is not an official game term, (and is not technically how it actually works). I just wanted to establish its a bad idea to mix combat and work for the third or fourth time.

Turn 24
Upkeep: Four units of food are eaten.

Asker of Questions attacks the creature which is apparantly now referred to as a Prowly using the bow on the same tile as the creature, which basically defeats the purpose of using a bow; dealing 3 damage to it.

Beatrix Purnima attacks one of the Fluffits to deal 4 damage, gaining 1 Fluffit Fluff and 1 Fluffit Meat.

Easter Sunday consumes 1 additional food and restores 1 health, and uses the Bow to fire at the Prowly to deal 4 damage. This causes it to stop stalking one of the Fluffits and retreat to the south.

Imic farms at F7 using the farming tool to collect 5 love berries.

A few other Prowlys have been seen retreating from F7; and more Fluffits appear to emerge from the bushes as they leave! 2 of them attack the Palisade to inflict a total of 2 damage to it, and 3 Fluffit Fluff and 2 Fluffit Meat are added to your inventory as a result.

It has been discovered that F7 is and probably always has been a Fluffit nest area!

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:07:15 pm by Supernerd »

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #352 on: November 13, 2016, 05:02:00 pm »

Sent my sheet in PM! :D

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 13, 2016, 05:33:20 pm »

Easter Sunday moves to E5, and collects stone, using masonry. He eats extra meat. He continues researching spiked shield.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:02:29 pm by vishdafish »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 13, 2016, 07:00:35 pm »

Beatrix will use the Bloody Thorns gathering tool to gather Bloody Thorns on F7. She will continue researching fur clothing.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 13, 2016, 09:58:31 pm »

Keep researching the wall section.
Eat two berries. Make a camp fire on F7 with the an yggdrasil branch and a golden branch. If the nest bush is far enough not to create a wild fire that could endanger the other buildings on fire, set an arrow on fire and use it to ignite the nest bush. If not, make a string with a yellow plant.
Go to G6 and grab a couple of logs.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 16, 2016, 06:00:15 pm »

Imic hasn't posted for a while and didn't respond to my PM. Update is coming tomorrow whether he acts or not!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 17, 2016, 05:41:46 pm »

*Rule Changes*
Not actually a rule change, but more info added to the first post.

*Tip*
There is no excuse for not knowing that you cannot use items or building that did not exist at the start of the turn. With the exception of new players. They can't do it either, but they do have an excuse for not knowing. Unless they are reading this now.

The Strong Opinions ability takes priority over other personality-based abilities such as Unruly.

Some characters do not have the free research ability. Just a reminder that it is technically an ability that lets you research and work at the same time.

If any eggs hatch then that is going to increase the amount of food you require. Whoops.

Turn 25
Upkeep: Four units of food are eaten.

Easter Sunday consumes 1 extra food to restore 1 health. He moves to E5 to collect 1 Unknown Brown Stone.

Beatrix Purnima uses the gathering tool to collect 3 bloody thorns.

Asker of Questions consumes 1 extra food to restore 1 health. A Campfire is created at F7. Asker of questions then creates 1 basic string out of a yellow plant. The Fluffits clear out of the area as the fire is started up!

2 eggs have gone bad, for unknown reasons. As for the other five...

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 17, 2016, 06:18:13 pm »

Easter Sunday moves to F7 from E5, and harvests the loveberry farm, using the farming tool. He continues researching spiked shield. He starves, if there is not enough food for the children.

((Three questions. Do children consume the same amount as adults? Does diagonal movement cost more? Will Imic still consume food?))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 17, 2016, 06:31:57 pm »

Children are not exempt from consuming food, which doesn't have quantities below 1. Moving from A1 to B2 would cost 2 movement. And no player will cease to require food to survive.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34