Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34560 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! Apparently a game about NOT gathering food and starving.
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2016, 04:31:53 am »

((What size is a Yider? Is it too big to fall in pit trap?))
If it isn't too big, Asker will try to draw the yider to E7 and lead it into the trap. If it is too big for the trap, run to D5.

Examine the Unnamed Yellow Plant to see if he can figure out for what the thing is good.
He'll make a bow with a Ropevine and a Yggdrasil branch, and arrows from the Unnamed Yellow Plant or another Yggdrasil branch.

Keep researching the monkey trap, and eat the red herb.

@Imic: use the gathering tool, and if you're in doubt help my research.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:39:06 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2016, 05:01:56 am »

I use the harvesting tool to hervest the large farm at 7F and I research masonry.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2016, 04:05:46 pm »

*Tip*
Can a higher quality post can actually get you better results?

Turn 17
All remaining food has been eaten.

Beatrix Purnima attempts to plant a waterfall in a paddy field. I don't even know how you would even begin to attempt to do that. Research begins on Glass.

Easter Sunday creates a Stone Axe using the brown stone and a Yggdrasil branch, and forages for stone. 1 unknown grey substance has been collected.

Imic harvests at F7 using the farming tool to collect 5 love berries. Research focus switches to Masonry.

Asker of Questions retreats to the totally unknown D5. Unfortunately, doing into an unscouted are is a dangerous thing to do, and a large rock falls on Asker inflicting 5 damage! His natural ability Resilient permits him to survive at 1 health.

Any function that the Yellow Plants may serve is not made apparant from mere observation. Perhaps further experimentation or reserach is required.

Asker creates a Bow usin Yggdrasil branches are ropevine. He also discovers that the unnamed yellow plant is not Wood.

You have not done enough research on measurements systems to know the Yider's precise size. An estimation would be 5 or 6. The Yider attacks a small animal on tile F6 and kills it.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2016, 04:07:38 pm »

I meant waterleaf, my phone is retarded
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2016, 04:30:36 pm »

I meant waterleaf, my phone is retarded

Heh. Regardless, the waterleaf item was unrationed by another player and eaten because of a lack of food.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2016, 04:45:45 pm »

So, didn't I got to make the arrows from the yellow plant because it's not wood? Well, at least I'm still alive...
It seems we've got more fields than can be harvested by one person.

Go to F7, and assist with harvesting the remaining Love berry field and the Waterleaf paddy. Make a waterleaf gathering tool with a Golden branch.
Ration the Waterleaf to stockpile for an extension, and eat two Love berries before we die for real.

Continue Imic's research on masonry.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2016, 04:56:48 pm »

Forage for herbs and immediately ration them. Research glass.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2016, 05:05:52 pm »

Easter Sunday uses all three labor points to cut down trees. He continues researching spiked shield. He makes sure to eat a love berry.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:16:50 pm by vishdafish »

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2016, 03:25:44 pm »

PTW
Long Live The !!sand pear wood throne!!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2016, 03:21:49 am »

I farm in F7 using the farming tool in the love berry farm. I also research better tools.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:58:36 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2016, 05:55:30 am »

((Are you still researching better tools?))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2016, 04:28:58 pm »

*Rule Changes*
It is now mandatory to specify which tile you work in. This isn't a huge issue now, but it will be when/if you make much more progress. Mandatory Formatting rules have been added to the first post.
The next turn will not begin until I receive confirmation that all current players understand this new rule is in place.

Also, the Inventory section of the first post has been updated; and a new stat called "Capacity" has been added. (View the stats spoiler and the Alpha caste)

*Tip*
I deliberately didn't announce that some researches were compelted so that you would pay more attention to these tips. It didn't work.

Diagonals count as two movement. Just in case it wasn't clear enough. View the first post for information on your caste's speed stat.

Turn 18
Upkeep: Four love berries are eaten

Asker of Questions tries to move to F7, but cannot move that far in one turn, and instead moves to E6. He is still able to create a gathering tool at least. Asker eats an additional love berry to increase his health to 2. Research begins on Masonry: However even with the Oratory skill Imic is one tile too far away to collaborate with.

Beatrix Purnima forages for herbs and finds 2 Waterleaf. Waterleaf are now rationed again.

Easter Sunday travels to G6 and uses the Stone Axe to collect 2 Logs. A monkey attempts to steal one of your logs, but is unable to lift is since it is too heavy; and runs away empty handed. Easter Sunday quickly realizes that the logs are pretty heavy to him too. Research begins on Spiked Shields again. It turns out that additional research on this subject will be more difficult than the first.

Imic uses the farming tool to harvest 5 love berries, preventing you guys from starving next turn. Research continues on better tools.

The Yider consumes the dead animal and moves to the North.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2016, 06:30:45 pm »

Harvest the paddy field on f7. Be inpressed by Askers palisade. Dance. Accept his invitation.  Research glass.

Official statement saying that I have read and understand the new rules.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:10:21 am by S34N1C »

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »

Could you please specifically state that you understand the new rule about mandatory action format S34N1C? The game WILL be put on hold until all four of the current players inform me they understand that rule. (I figure its less annoying than nagging or punishing you guys at every individual infraction.)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 01, 2016, 07:37:49 pm »

I understand the new rule.
Since we're at it, there are some that I don't understand:
-Gathering tools give an extra gathering per action or per turn? If it's per action, one single person should be able to gather all 6 berries with the gathering tool instead of only 5 with the farming tool, if not then the gathering tools are only barely useful for uncertain foraging and we'd be better off with the farming ones.
-What is our size? Comparatively, what is the sizes of the other creatures we've met?
-Now we have a capacity of 8. The logs weight 3 and are too heavy, so that doesn't use the same rule... What is the capacity, then? Is carrying 8 berries the same as carrying 8 tools?

Move to F7. Eat two berries.
Make arrows out of the Golden branch and start building a palisade with the Bloody thorns.
Ask Imic to swap the required second labour for a harvesting labour (and ask for the tool), with his collaboration we can make the palisade become (++).

Show Beatrix the palisade and dance. Ask her if she wants to take a break after work and invite her in.

Since we're both at F7, join efforts at the Masonry research with Imic.

Expand the waterleaf paddy using two waterleafs.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:11:25 am by Maegil »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34