Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34477 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! Game Start
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 01:07:10 am »

Farming should be possible in short order, but we'll need civilians.

Name thorns as "Bloody thorns", for the blood Beatrix Purnima spilled on it. Name the red colored berry as "Love berry", and use it to woo Beatrix Purnima; see how she reacts.

Invite Beatrix Purnima to assist in building farmland (use all three labour points and the building skill, another two labour are needed), and research how to heal her. Suggest her to research a tool to plant the berry; call it the woo woe hoe. (In this context, that sounds awful.)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:30:42 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 05:31:38 am »

Move to E7, continuing my research, and search for large animals (hopefully drinking at the river).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:14:19 am by vishdafish »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 06:20:23 am »

Assist Asker of Questions and respond to his "wooing".

((Do I say whether or not it succeeded or does OP))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:10:41 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 08:31:53 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 08:52:50 am »

Name: Imic
Character Ability 1: building
Character Ability 2: born leader
Character Ability 3: dreams big
Character Ability 4: creative
Character Ability 5: strong
Species ability: has horns... I guess.

I try to get some civilians to come with me to build some form of kingdom esque thing, if I succeed in convincing the people to come with me, I gather up our supplies and head to our new future! ( tile 8E )
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:59:45 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 10:47:40 am »

Move to G6 to investigate the plants. Specifically searching for vines or a something similar that could be used to bind rocks to sticks (for tools).

((Not sure what the research "5/?" Means. Does it mean I've gotta research it again?))

Invite Angelo Moore to Research Basic Tools along with using the ability Inspirational Leader should he accept the offer. If the offer is declined, Finsternis will research alone as normal.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 04:05:04 pm »

I'm going to take a moment to explain a couple of things.

First of all, the ? indicates that the amount of additional research required to finish the tech is unknown. The 5 indicates that amount of research has already been allocated to the research. For the sake of convenience I will assume that people want to continue to research incomplete techs unless otherwise stated.

In regards to Imic's application, I have noticed that the Character Abilties you have selected are from the list of Abilities that have been created by other players. While I will permit this, I recommend creating your own abilities. I'll also make a point of saying that you don't take any actions until after your application is accepted and processed. And I have no idea why you would make a reference to tile E8.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 02:56:42 am »

I'm going to take a moment to explain a couple of things.

First of all, the ? indicates that the amount of additional research required to finish the tech is unknown. The 5 indicates that amount of research has already been allocated to the research. For the sake of convenience I will assume that people want to continue to research incomplete techs unless otherwise stated.

In regards to Imic's application, I have noticed that the Character Abilties you have selected are from the list of Abilities that have been created by other players. While I will permit this, I recommend creating your own abilities. I'll also make a point of saying that you don't take any actions until after your application is accepted and processed. And I have no idea why you would make a reference to tile E8.

Oh. I thought that you kindof had to pick already submitted ones. I shall redo my sheet. Then I shall wait.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 05:14:33 am »

Suggest Beatrix Purnima to research a tool to plant the berry; call it the woo woe hoe. (In this context, that sounds awful).

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:30:03 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 07:56:03 am »

I'm planning on updating the game later today, or possibly tomorrow if tntey doesn't post soon. I'll answer the few question that I seem to have either missed previously, or have been edited into the post after I already read it.

"Wooing" is not an official term in the game as of this moment, though I found this to be rather amusing. The effectiveness of this on a Player Avatar will be up to the players. Take note of the Strong Opinions abiltity which is part of the Alpha class which states that "This characters opinions cannot forcibly be altered, and has 100% loyalty to a specific player stated in the character list."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 09:23:18 am »

"This characters opinions cannot forcibly be altered, and has 100% loyalty to a specific player stated in the character list."
Thus, I'm "wooing". Call it "courting" or whatever if you wish to make a different official term, the point is that I'm making my intentions known to the other player so they can make a decision.
If I unilaterally claimed to be "mating" against the other character's wishes, that would have another name, one used in criminal cases.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 07:46:15 pm »

In response to Asker of Questions's "wooing", Beatrix says that while she is not opposed to a relationship with him, it may be too early to have children. There is still much work to be done, and she won't be able to properly assist while pregnant.

In short: Relationship? Yes. Children? Not yet.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 12:17:56 am »

*Rule additions:*
See the first post for information about new players. There is now an official procedure for new players getting into the game. Imic's application is a grandfathered exception to this rule.

Also see the first post about "Target Icons"

Turn 3
5 More food is eaten. You should be concerned about your dwindling food supplies. I mean it.

Imic wakes up and joins the other members of his species...

Asker of Questions begins research on the subject of healing, and begins work on the Farmland. Work on the farmland is coming along nicely, but there are not enough crops in your civilizations posession to actually plant anything. Additional foraging will be required to obtain these plants. The Asker of questions flirts with Beatrix Purnima, who is not completely opposed to the idea, but is currently more intersted in survival than romance.

Easter Sunday makes a breakthrough in trap research and figured out how to create a Pit Trap! This trap design is able to capture a create without killing it and can even catch large creatures. However a large pit trap is very time consuming to build, and can easily be noticed by some more intelligent creatures. Easter Sunday searches area E7 to find animals, specifically large ones. Unfortunately, Easter Sunday is a little too successful in this endeavor and has spotted an unknown creature. It is a large yellow colored hexapod with a long and thick next, and sharp claws and teeth. It is also about twice your size. Fortunately it does not appear to have noticed your presence.

Beatrix Purnima assists with the creation of the farmland, and begins research on the hoe.

Finsternis Geist talks to Angelo Moore about collaboration. Angelo does not express interest, but his assistance does not prove necessary to complete the tech. Gathering Tools may now be created.

Finsternis Geist travels to the forest at G6 to examine the plants in the area. She doesn't find any obvious plants that can be used as a binding agent, but she does find some that appear to be edible! Finsternis collects two yellow fruit, but one of them is promptly stolen by one of the creatures native to the forest. The thief is a small green colored creature with a long tail. The unnamed creature climbs up a tree.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 02:50:34 am »

Name the new creature a Yider. Stealthily follow the hexapod back to its home. Ponder/research a design for a bow.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:13:00 am by vishdafish »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 03:39:12 am »

Keep researching healing. Put one more work on the farmland then forage for one more berry before starting work on another improvement. Leave the actual planting to Beatrix Purnima.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:28:44 am by Maegil »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34