Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34469 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! Game Start
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 05:12:22 am »

reaserch farming, and try to... Well... Farm.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 07:27:26 am »

continue researching the hoe and plant crops gathered by Asker of Questions. 

((I think from now on I'm going to refer to him as just Asker. That ok?))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 07:57:48 am »

((Sure.

@supernerd: Asker is doing the missing labour on the field, or must it be performed by who actually plants the seeds? If so, I 'll just forage this turn, and Beatrix should have two extra labour actions, is that right?))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 04:05:47 pm »

Any civilian can work on constructing a building, not just the person who initiated construction. Both Asker and Beatrix worked on the farmland last turn.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »

I was asking about the numerical work distribution, if planting the seeds (Beatrix's personal trait) take up one labour slot or it's free once someone put all the labour units required.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 07:09:18 pm »

The material cost for a building costs nothing aside from the materials themselves. Labor costs are totally separate from it. You will need to specify that the items are being used however.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 07:26:23 pm »

Thanks, that means that Beatrix still can use her full 3 labours.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 10:18:30 am »

Research Fishing Rod. Move to G5 and scout the area.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:22:11 pm by Sprityo »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2016, 01:20:12 pm »

*Rule additions:*
A new line has been added to the building rules: Due to logistical reasons, you cannot use an item to create a building unless you actually had the item at the start of the turn.

*Tip*
Consider entering a backup plan with your posts to reduce the odds of wasting a turn. Also, consider using more general terms with your research to increase the likelihood that it will not take very long to figure out. Research is VERY sensitive to the precise terminology you use when declaring it.

*Important Note*
tntey has shown no interest in this game for over a week and did not respond to my message, so he is going to be removed from the game so as not to be a drain on everyone else's resources. Long story short, don't bother researching aliens yet. If you are removed from the game for a reason like this and still want to play, talk to me and I'll figure something out.

Turn 4
Angelo Moore has been abducted by an alien spaceship! (Lets see you think of a better way to make an inactive player disappear)

5 More food is eaten. I am surprised that you didn't drop what you are doing and start trying to get food already despite my attempts to hint that you should. Things are not looking good for you.

Easter Sunday begins work on researching bows. This tasks proves to be difficult with only the currently known materials and research has not yet been completed. He also stealthily follows the Yider, which is now the official name for the Yellow Hexapod. The Yider continues to not notice your presence, but it doesn't lead you to some sort of home. Rather, you follow it to tile F7. This could be problematic as it now might notice some of your less stealthy companions.

Asker of Questions figures out how to heal more quickly! This new method unfortunately involves consuming more food, which is a luxury that you really cannot afford at this particular moment. Asker then goes to search for additional Love Berries. He is able to find one, but in the process steps on some Bloody Thorns, inflicting 1 damage upon him. This hopefully will not be a danger when working a completed farmland.

Imic begins independent research on farming, but is unable to farm. There is no farmland on the tile that he is currently on, and the farmland in tile F7 is not yet in workable condition.

Beatrix Purnima has figured out how to create a tool known as a Hoe, which can be used to more efficiently create farmland. Unfortunately, she is unable to plant any crops yet due to logistical challenges; which are henceforth clearly stated in the game rules.

Finsternis Geist begins research on the Fishing Rod and goes to scout area G5. This area has little room for conventional buildings due to the cliff. There appear to be several different kinds of rocks in this area. Food appears to be scarce here.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »

Quickly gather more berries before we starve to death. Make sure to watch for more Bloody Thorns. Don't need to take any more damage than necessary. Also research making the ground more fertile.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:28:04 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2016, 01:49:28 pm »

Do as Beatrix, but be sure to save at least three more for planting.
Help in attacking the Yider.
While looking at the Bloody thorns, Asker of Questions had an idea to use the hoe to arrange them into a protective enclosure; he's now researching the palisade.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 02:22:24 pm by Maegil »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2016, 02:05:32 pm »

Easter Sunday shouts a warning to his fellow people on F7. He then picks up a suitable weapon from the ground (large rock or stick) and smashes the Yider's legs. He continues research on bows, thinking about the possibility of using the Yider's bones in the construction.

((Plz help me kill this. We can get more food+armor+weapons made out of its bones/teeth.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2016, 02:12:19 pm »

Employ epic martial arts skills to help Easter kill the creature

Glory to United Forenia!

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2016, 08:16:56 am »

Move to F6 to search for food around/on the tree. Continue research on Fishing Rod.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2016, 09:09:20 am »

[Posting to join waitlist]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34