Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1455358 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #1875 on: October 02, 2009, 12:23:51 am »

looking at egyptian art, I find it very difficult to figure out exactly how certain articles of clothing were supposed to look when translated onto a 3d form.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: October 02, 2009, 03:18:01 am »

well, i don't think the designers will care about their fashion sense, considering they have been irrevocably dead for the last few millenia
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: October 02, 2009, 04:41:57 am »

well, i don't think the designers will care about their fashion sense, considering they have been irrevocably dead for the last few millenia

Yeah, but fashion is notoriously cyclical. Some day soon we will also be wearing honey coated meringue nests on the top of our heads.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 02, 2009, 07:46:30 am »

I... doubt... that...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: October 02, 2009, 07:48:29 am »

Speak for yourself, I'd be wearing one right now if not for the risk of BEEEEEES.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: October 02, 2009, 08:21:30 am »

Edit: wrong drawing thread -_-
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 10:03:05 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: October 02, 2009, 01:03:09 pm »

Speak for yourself, I'd be wearing one right now if not for the risk of BEEEEEES.

I'd be wearing one right now if it weren't for the fact that the meringue and honey would probably leak into my hair, and that would make a horrid tangled mess.  :o
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: October 02, 2009, 01:05:41 pm »

An area of low humidity and yet still hot enough to melt wax?

I'm there!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: October 02, 2009, 01:52:15 pm »

Egyptians were awesome.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 02, 2009, 02:37:19 pm »

Egyptians are my second favorite mythology. Norse first. Celtic Third. Greek/Roman thriple digits down the list. Those guys could be right bastards. The Norse at least say dying in battle means you get to fight, get drunk and eat from an ever replenishing pigs.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: October 02, 2009, 07:24:56 pm »

I like Christian and Islamic mythology myself. SO GRIMDARK.

Also like how in the 14th Century the Devil went from being a credible threat to being the kind of guy who gets duped by farmers literally 24/7.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: October 03, 2009, 12:46:42 am »

And how could you blame him? we've all seen what farmers can do!

~~~
   ~&~
   ~~~
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 03, 2009, 01:57:20 am »

I like Christian and Islamic mythology myself. SO GRIMDARK.

Also like how in the 14th Century the Devil went from being a credible threat to being the kind of guy who gets duped by farmers literally 24/7.
Actually, the "devil" appeared after christian values and ideas were introduced. Before that the horned head would depict a male power and fertility and pentagram was a protective sign. It was a clever move to call these objects "demonic" and pagan priests "heretics" and "satanists" to fight paganism. And after the paganism threat became smaller, it's obvious that the "devil" became too weak to be considered dangerous.

Also I laugh at current "satanists" which praise the "devil" ("satan") and pentagram en masse while most of them don't know (or don't want to know) the true meaning of these symbols.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:59:09 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 03, 2009, 02:01:14 am »

(Laughs at the christian rippoff of paganism)

Poor fools.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 03, 2009, 02:12:48 am »

Poor? Nah, not poor and not fools. It's a good working system and it works even now. And it nets a good amount of money and respect, so the people who started it were really clever and they knew what they were doing. They've managed to control wars and politics and unite huge amounts of people, I'd say it's almost perfect ruling system, at least they have something to protect their point.

Go on and draw something already, or this thread is going to be derailed big time. I am currently working on a big picture (and I am not sure that I'll be able to make it right) so I am out of business for some time.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 02:14:52 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 561