Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1461077 times)

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*
« Reply #7620 on: August 26, 2012, 02:57:52 pm »

Well stop getting hurt. I didn't authorize it--you're too important to lose.  :P

Wow, Sigurd has a great take on a slug man! I think he's got some pretty great stuff! You're still the greatest in my eyes, though. You churn out art in minutes that'd take proles like me a lifetime to create... That's impressive. There's only one Tofu on these forums, that's for sure.  ;)
That was genuinely heartwarming :,) Thank you very much.
Sigurd is probably one of my favourite, if not my absolute favourite, digital painter. His strokes are unreal.

*stuff*

I mostly agree with you. The painting itself started as an experiment, a test of what I could do. I have a very, very short background in environmental concept art, especially compared to character designs and so on. So environments...I just don't have the feel for them. I manage ok, but issues like these do pop up. Many things I can do to improve it, pretty easily.
Thanks for the comment/compliments/criticisms , I'm aware of the problems, and it's because of those that I practice so I might avoid them in the future : )

Riiiightio. I'm back. And I'm back with one piece of stuff:

King Cobra Man

it ain't perfect, but it was fun to do. Never painted or drawn anything that resembles a snake. Maybe a dragon, but that's it.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7621 on: August 26, 2012, 06:28:25 pm »

... Never painted anything snaky before, you say? That is one solid snake man if i ever saw one. I don't know how you do it, but my jaw manages to drop every single time you post something. And that horseshoe crab man took you 15 minutes? That's just unfair, it takes me longer to draw a four-panel stickman comic. I need to practice more. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: August 26, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »

... Never painted anything snaky before, you say? That is one solid snake man if i ever saw one. I don't know how you do it, but my jaw manages to drop every single time you post something. And that horseshoe crab man took you 15 minutes? That's just unfair, it takes me longer to draw a four-panel stickman comic. I need to practice more. :P
Hahahaha, well, no, I haven't painted one before. Love your reaction though; my thanks : )

I totally forgot about my new portfolio piece, which I've actually been thinking about for the
better part of a couple months. I've always wanted a huge desert fort, but I've never gone
through with it. So I painted this painting from the inspiration I got:

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #7623 on: August 26, 2012, 07:13:48 pm »

Holy hell, that is marvelous; the heads of fallen idols being buried by the sands of time really makes it feel like an epic reclaim. Its grandeur is monolithic and imposing, even in picture form--bravo!

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: August 26, 2012, 09:30:52 pm »

Riiiightio. I'm back. And I'm back with one piece of stuff:

King Cobra Man

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

it ain't perfect, but it was fun to do. Never painted or drawn anything that resembles a snake. Maybe a dragon, but that's it.
Yes. Very nice. If you're looking for critique, the neck-join looks a little abrupt, but overall it's a very solid piece. I picked King Cobra over other snake-men because I wanted to see how you would handle the hood. Also, there were no true Cobras (Naja) in the game's raws. I also like how you made him very muscular and intimidating, which reflects the King Cobra's large size (3-4 meters).
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: August 31, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »

King Cobra Man

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the head came out very true to life  :D :D :D. Am I wrong though, or does it look like the back of the hood connects to the front of the chest, making the position of the neck awkward?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: September 01, 2012, 05:28:03 am »

D: Oh noes! All Tofu's latest pictures are broken for me. :-\ I feel so deprived.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: September 01, 2012, 07:26:04 am »

Kamin, Plutoniumape, Techhead, darkflagrance and yoink, thanks to you all : )

I think the head came out very true to life  :D :D :D. Am I wrong though, or does it look like the back of the hood connects to the front of the chest, making the position of the neck awkward?

Yes. Very nice. If you're looking for critique, the neck-join looks a little abrupt, but overall it's a very solid piece. I picked King Cobra over other snake-men because I wanted to see how you would handle the hood. Also, there were no true Cobras (Naja) in the game's raws. I also like how you made him very muscular and intimidating, which reflects the King Cobra's large size (3-4 meters).
Tried to make him intimidating, yes, which worked ok. You're totally right about the neck though. That's a mistake on my part. I thought of how I wanted it to join, and I thought of it wrong, didn't really notice the mistake until after I'd posted it. That's the funny thing about artwork like this: there's a lot you don't notice at first, because you're so stuck in your own work. Sometimes a little "aging" for perspective is worth it : )

D: Oh noes! All Tofu's latest pictures are broken for me. :-\ I feel so deprived.
yes, deeply sorry about that: CA.org is down for maintenance this weekend, but it'll be back up on sunday or monday I think.
That's why I have one piece that's unuploaded, from an art trade with Plutoniumape : )
He already posted his contribution in the Tholtiq thread, I hope he posts it here.
Glad you enjoy my work this much though :D

In the meantime, folks, I found something interesting for you:

Justin Gerards new sketchbook release "Ents & Orcs"
http://muddycolors.blogspot.no/2012/08/sketchbook-2012-shipping-out.html

It has a bunch of amazing fantasy related sketches and so on, and it's worth checking out.
It's close to an alternative look at the Dwarf Fortress universe. A style that I think most
DF players identify with in a stronger fashion than with my stuff : )
I so want this for christmas... or something.
Anyways, here's a sample of the sketchbook:

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #7629 on: September 02, 2012, 06:29:32 am »

Quote from: Tofu
That's why I have one piece that's unuploaded, from an art trade with Plutoniumape : )
He already posted his contribution in the Tholtiq thread, I hope he posts it here.

If you insist!
Hope CA will be back soon so we can all witness the glory you managed to summon on that digital canvas of yours
On a totally unrelated note: I'm getting malware warnings from your CA attachments

So here is Tholtig Cryptbrain the Waning Diamonds, again  ;D

Quote from: Tofu
In the meantime, folks, I found something interesting for you:

Justin Gerards new sketchbook release "Ents & Orcs"
http://muddycolors.blogspot.no/2012/08/sketchbook-2012-shipping-out.html

Also interesting to see what some people apparently refer to as sketching ._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: September 02, 2012, 07:19:57 am »

On a totally unrelated note: I'm getting malware warnings from your CA attachments

Virus warnings are popping up because ConceptArt.org was hacked and infected a few months ago. The admins have decided that's the best way to fix it is to completely change the website engine and move to another server.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: September 02, 2012, 09:09:13 pm »

That's some really nice work, Plutonium Ape. It can't be easy to draw things with polygons alone.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #7632 on: September 02, 2012, 09:12:23 pm »

That's some really nice work, Plutonium Ape. It can't be easy to draw things with polygons alone.
Plutonium DOES have some really awesome art, that's for sure. I really like how sharp the Tholtig work turned out; I can tell it's not quite the same as the art from your game, at least in contrast. The only thing I have to say in line of a critique is, well, wasn't Tholtig a woman? Or am I wrong? I just know that female Dwarves in DF don't have beards, at least in their character profiles.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: September 02, 2012, 10:39:45 pm »

I think it's fake... It is cyan, at least.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: September 03, 2012, 02:43:35 am »

Chinstrap for the helmet, of course!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 561