Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1457056 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #3660 on: March 09, 2010, 08:25:03 pm »

He never intended to clothe her. That was a bluff.
How appropriate.

I've got a little something I'm working on. I'll post it tomorrow when I plan to finish it. Just a simple black and white landscape thingy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: March 10, 2010, 05:20:54 am »

*GASP*

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 10, 2010, 05:24:30 am »

*GASP*

The plot thickens!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 10, 2010, 02:02:37 pm »

Probably a king given the cross on his head.

Someone doesn't play chess very often, bishops have pointy hats :D

I figured it was a bishop as they generally have the cross on top, or the bishops hat, or both. I don't play chess myself, but I know what the pieces look like. Although the King and Queen can also have the cross on top...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 10, 2010, 02:24:29 pm »

Surprisingly, Bishops have the mitre (the bishop's hat).

And the queen doesn't have a cross.

Clearly you don't know what the pieces look like.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 10, 2010, 02:27:45 pm »

In general I do anyway, the rook, knight, and pawn are the most obvious though.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: March 10, 2010, 04:47:47 pm »

One thing puzzles me about Deon's drawing. If camel-lady was never meant to go around naked, why does she even have "naughty bits" that need to be covered?

Wouldn't it have been easier to draw her sans naughty bits and give her the old "barbie genitalia"?

Or am I puzzling this too hard and the obvious answer is obviously the right one...

I've looked all over, and I can't find any picture by Deon that resembles a "Camel-lady". What are you talking about?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 10, 2010, 04:51:19 pm »

Deons' double-breasted* desert-dwelling woman.

*The second pair are water sacks.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 10, 2010, 06:42:38 pm »

Fun fact: the Bishop piece in Chess was altered awhile back by the Christian (i think, might have been Catholic, or someone else) Church. Ever wondered why the Bishop moves diagonally and how that makes absolutely no sense? Well as it turns out, the piece used to be a 'Ship', and the Ships moved diagonally because Ships have to tack into the wind.

Always used to bug me (why do priests move diagonally!) until i found that out.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 10, 2010, 07:00:53 pm »

Wow, that is really cool.

Now I want a chess set with ships.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 10, 2010, 07:12:43 pm »

I has an elaborate set i got for christmas from my grandparents, the pieces are all made out of wrought metals (pawns are copper, ships are bronze, knights are a kind of black iron, rooks are polished steel, queen is pewter inlaid with silver, king is gold inlaid with platinum) which has ships in it. It's actually kind of fun having these boats floating around instead of priests. Although it does get a little confusing at first as you sit there going "black bishop t- where's my black bishop?"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 10, 2010, 07:17:22 pm »

I has an elaborate set i got for christmas from my grandparents, the pieces are all made out of wrought metals (pawns are copper, ships are bronze, knights are a kind of black iron, rooks are polished steel, queen is pewter inlaid with silver, king is gold inlaid with platinum) which has ships in it. It's actually kind of fun having these boats floating around instead of priests. Although it does get a little confusing at first as you sit there going "black bishop t- where's my black bishop?"
This is a *traditional chess set*. All craftmanship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with copper pawns. It is decorated with bronze ships. It is decorated with iron knights. It is decorated with steel rooks. It is decorated with pewter queens. It is decorated with gold kings with inlaid platinum. On it is an image of a chess player and a chess player. the chess player is making a plaintive gesture. The image relates to the defeat of Acanthus117 by Neruz in 2010.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 10, 2010, 07:37:50 pm »

if all the pieces are of different metal, how do you tell black pieces from white pieces?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 10, 2010, 07:38:29 pm »

you don't that what makes it extra "FUN"
Nom nom nom

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 10, 2010, 07:50:14 pm »

if all the pieces are of different metal, how do you tell black pieces from white pieces?

They're all set in a black or white marble base.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 561