Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88721 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven takes the rear, making sure the others aren't falling behind from horror and paralyzing fear.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Who takes the lead? Aloisturm?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Who takes the lead? Aloisturm?))
((Assuming him being the tank, he's taking initiative, and because the rest of the party is better in the rear except for Etoile))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Before proceeding, Aloisturm activates the Psionic Weapon customization.

((Sorry, which is that? Psionic Weapon is a talent, from what I see. Did you mean Psionic Attacks?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Etoile is the tank but seeing how Aloisturm likes to charge, it may be best to put him in front, with Etoile behind him, then Zeratuu, Steven and Kal.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Sorry, which is that? Psionic Weapon is a talent, from what I see. Did you mean Psionic Attacks?))
((...yes, that's the one. My bad.

Sure, I'll take the lead. How tanky is Etoile, anyway? Not just talking AC here.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((...yes, that's the one. My bad.

Sure, I'll take the lead. How tanky is Etoile, anyway? Not just talking AC here.))

((17 HP, 20 AC, 5+level spell resistance against spells of the evil descriptor or any spells cast by an evil outsider, +2 fortitude to poisons and drugs (+4 to alcohol), +2 saving throws against spells and effects that would reduce his intelligence or cause him to forget something, Heavy steel shield and Scale mail armor, +2 fortitude, +1 reflex, +5 will.

In short, he's not that tanky but enough to be the tankiest in the party apparently.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That's pretty darn tanky, but I think Aloisturm makes a respectable second. 20 HP, 19 AC, damage resistance 2/-, +1 on all saves against divine spells, +2 against fear effects, and +2 against all of the following: disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and anything that causes exhaustion or fatigue. Plus the whole "doesn't need to breathe ever" thing. Depending on the situation I can give myself decent energy resistances, better DR, Stalwart and/or Evasion, whatever.

My saves are a bit average (3,3,2) but once I start delving into some Path of War material that issue will all but disappear. I think we've got a good set of complementary tanks here.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm takes the lead down the stairs, stepping over a rusty wood carving knife at the top of the stairs, its blade long ago stained red by more then rust's cruel embrace, and the handle delicately carved with birds. The stair winds around and around into the earth, the shadows cloying around the group and the air becoming dank with the smell of mildew and stale water.

((*roll* Wisdom 1d20 - 1 : 16 Success))

In the shadows ahead of him, Aloisturm seems a figure emerge, a man wearing a hooded cloak of feathers. It mumbles inaudibly, knocking his head against the wall of the stairway, blood dripping slowly down the wall as the impacts tear at the flesh of his forehead. At the sound of the construct's footfalls, the man stops and slowly turns to face Aloisturm, revealing his face and its hollow, bloody eye sockets. Blood dripping between his teeth, locked in a rictus grin. he pulls a small knife from under his bird feather cloak and charges the construct, and Aloisturm experiences a moment of disorientation as it processes that the knife is exactly like the one at the top of the steps. Still, it pulls its lucerne hammer and readies to smash this threat. The hammer thunders downward with deadly force... and passes through the man. The knife bites into armor and begins to carve the jagged wings of an eagle into Aloisturm's torso.

((*roll* Will 1d20 + 4 : 13 Failure))

This was impossible, but it felt so real. Aloisturm fought with hammer and scythe, with fists and knees and feet. Again and again its blows passed through the apparition assault it, the haunted, blood-streaked figure ignoring its every attack to continue carving bird designs into Aloisturm's carapace. Black conductive fluid dripped from the deep gouges in its outer carapace and warnings began to thunder in Aloisturm's mind.

((*roll* Damage 4d6 : 12 - 2 = 10
*roll* Fortitude 1d20 + 3 : 10 Failure))

For the others, the attack was terrifying. Aloisturm stopped, staring at the empty steps below them. Without warning, the construct was swinging with its massive hammer, only to be seized by some force and suspended in midair. Slowly, inexorably, bird designs were carved across the construct's body, gouging through metal plating like paper and releasing runnels of the constructs blood stuff to drip from its dangling feet.

((*roll* Reflex 1d20 + 2 : 19 Success))

Suddenly the apparition dissipated and instead of fighting, Aloisturm found itself falling. Its feet hit the ground with a solid clang as it came to rest in a crouch, its quick reflexes preventing itself from tumbling the rest of the way down the stairs. The oppressiveness of the darkness around them feels to have lessened following the attack.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ow. Ow. OW.

So much for psionic attacks. Even with my weapons counting as magical I couldn't fight back :C ))

Damage alarms shrieked through Aloisturm's mind as the construct carefully regained its feet.

"What...was that?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((To pull back the curtains a little bit, this wasn't something that you could hit with a weapon. I'm happy to discuss it further if people want to know what the heck just happened on the OOC side))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, whatever it was that was a rather nasty encounter. Four rolls, each targeting a different attribute or save, means that at least one is almost guaranteed to succeed.

What was that roll vs Wisdom about?))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((If you would notice that the knife in the apparition's hand is the same one at the top of the steps. It only had minor influences the fluff. Basically, the rolls were Will - if you take damage or not. Succeeding would have had Aloisturm disbelieve the whole thing and nothing further would have happened. Fortitude - half damage from the apparition's carvings. and reflexes - when released, does the PC fall the rest of the way and take 5d6 nonlethal damage on the way down.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Welp. Next time, Etoile can take the lead  :P ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A serial killer, a horrible monster, demons and now ghosts...

And we thought this was going to be easy..."

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 77