Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88701 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You're currently halfway down the stairs. The oppressive feeling of the darkness around you has lessened considerably after what happened to Aloisturm - it's safe to assume that whatever happened isn't going to happen again quickly. Do you go forward or back?))

Zeratuu is outright clinging to Etoile's leg now, scales bristled and puffs of flame wisping past her clenched teeth as she shivers violently. Finally, she musters her nerves enough to speak. "Something very-very bad happening here. Maker protect and preserve us..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Aloisturm emits a mechanical grunt and continues down the stairs.

"If we leave we will just have to return and face these horrors again. Let's keep moving and finish this."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Aloisturm emits a mechanical grunt and continues down the stairs.

"If we leave we will just have to return and face these horrors again. Let's keep moving and finish this."

Steeling himself, Etoile speaks up:

"C-c-c-c-c-can I b-be at the front? I d-d-don't want you to go t-through that a-again."

((I figure if we're being against Will saving throws it'd be best if Etoile was at the front.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"...Are you certain you are capable? I mean no offense but it sounds like your lower jaw is loose. If you are scared, I will go first."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stinged, Etoile just clamps down and goes quiet.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zeratuu takes a deep breath and gently pushes Master forward. "Master will look for more spirit-ghosts, Zeratuu will look for tricks and traps. Mr. Rusty is there to protect us and Mr. Scruffy can shoot anything that shows its ugly snout."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"And Mr. Magic here will make sure Rusty hits harder." Steven says as he claps a hand on the oddly silent sorcerer.

((While his player is gone, I'm pretty sure his character is still here))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((So we keep moving with Aloisturm at the front. Should be able to progress now.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zeratuu takes several deep breaths and then squeezes past Etoile to follow right behind Aloisturm as the party resumes walking down the stairs. Each breath of air carries the smells of rot and mildew clearly to the members of the party, the air heavy and still, having not stirred in years. The stairs empty out into a circular room, 25' wide.  Tiny bone carvings of horrific winged creatures lie scattered about the room. A moldy blanket in one corner indicates this room was once inhabited. Leathery papers lay scattered amidst the rubble and shards of bone.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perception check.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*roll* Etoile - Perception 1d20 + 7 : 24))

Etoile feels the hairs rise on the back of his neck as he peers around the room. Where shadows might be an issue for others, his heritage renders him comfortably able to see, even in pitch darkness. Which is why he sees what others cannot - the form of a young boy, flesh scarred by jagged wounds in the shapes of birds and wearing little else than rags. He rocks back and forth on his feet near the blanket, and then his head comes up as he watches Etoile watching him. Suddenly, he vanishes from sight, and Etoile, Zeratuu and Steven begin to hear the voices again, all around them.

I see what you can't see... lost in the halls of the blind.
shadows move, and shadow's bind, whispers here and whispers there
soon the madness comes and gets you; soon you begin to laugh and giggle
and then you carve the Demon Lord of the Sky's symbol in your flesh
and whisper his name to the void and ask for his grace

The boy's voice cackles maliciously, insanity twisting through his singsong words.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile whimpers and takes a step back only to be met by Steven. Suddenly the space felt incredibly claustrophobic as he starts to pant again the same way he did back with the goblins.

"T-t-t-t-there was a boy i-i-in the s-s-shadows. H-h-he d-disappeared suddenly."

He tries to steady himself as he starts to feel a little lightheaded despite the darkness.

"M-m-maybe we s-should leave."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((a short look into Etoile's current mental state? : This is fine, everything is OK))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"Steel yourself, Etoile. Now isn't the time to lose your nerve."

Bluff check to try and calm his nerves
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*roll* Bluff 1d20 + 8 : 15))

((I'll let Apiks decide if that's enough to calm Etoile's nerves any.))
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 77