Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88881 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Was that audible for all or just an internal thing?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Was that audible for all or just an internal thing?))

((I was under the impression it was like a HUD showed up in his face with warnings, though I do suppose it's possible there would be a beep sound.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm takes a five-foot-step to the right (clearing a line of fire for the ranged squishies if they need it) and attacks the pusbag!

((*roll* 1d20 + 5 vs AC : 17 Hit
*roll* 1d12 + 10 : 21))

To add to an annoying series of firsts, the ogre survives the impact of Aloisturm's hammer, if just barely, the massive hammer having hammed down into it's body just below its shoulder, reducing its rib cage into shattered shards.

((Go for the kill steal!))

((Initiative Tracker: Sheriff Hemlock, Aloisturm, Kal, Etoile, Zeratuu, Steven, Plague Ogre Zombie))

((Buff Tracker: Everyone: Bless (+1 Attack, +1 vs Fear) - 9 rounds, Sheriff Hemlock: Fighting Defensively (-2 Attack, +2 AC) - 1 round))
((Friendly Health Tracker: Aloisturm: Heavily Wounded, Etoile: Wounded, Kal: Healthy, Steven: Healthy, Zeratuu: Healthy, Sheriff Hemlock: Wounded))
((Hostile Health Tracker: Plague Ogre Zombie: Near Death, Fast Zombie: Dead, Wolf Skeleton: Dead, Skeleton #1: Dead, Skeleton #2: Dead))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((I found my basic stats in a random document. So, I'm gonna rebuild him with only that as a foundation, if that's alright?))

Acid thingy. Take a guess at the target.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I've been wondering. How does healing work for Aloisturm since he's a machine? I can't imagine a health potion or spell to fix the big dents in him.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I found my basic stats in a random document. So, I'm gonna rebuild him with only that as a foundation, if that's alright?))

((Sounds fine. If you want to take other spells or feats, now is the time. (or later, they're retrainable if you look through the rules.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I've been wondering. How does healing work for Aloisturm since he's a machine? I can't imagine a health potion or spell to fix the big dents in him.))

((Magic. :P More seriously, because he's a half-construct and not a full construct, healing magic works as normal on him and you don't need mend spells. The healing spells treat his frame and as bones and his external carapace as flesh and can repair them.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*roll* 1d20 + 1 vs Touch AC : 18 Hit
*roll* Damage 1d3 + 1 : 4))

Flinging a globe of acid, the hissing liquid splashes over the ogre's chest, burning away the last frayed strands of flesh and bone holding it together. The ogre pauses for a moment, and then...

BLOOORP

It dissolves into a wave of pus that splashes over the ground around it. With the Sheriff and Aloisturm safely at range, they quickly backstep and avoid being touched by its foulness.

As the group pants for breath, peace settles over the graveyard. They notice the remains of the skeletons begin to dissolve into wisps of fibers that the wind disperses. The more solid zombie corpses are taking longer, but the pile of ogre goop is likewise slowly unraveling.

((Congratulations! You earned 201 XP for your hard fought victory!))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Well, forgeborn are only half-constructs, not like golems or anything like that. They can eat food and drink potions and still be affected by poison or diseases. They can also be resurrected thanks to a racial trait.

I would argue that given the above facts, and the fact that nothing I can see on the forgeborn page or the half-construct template explicitly forbids the use of healing magic, that healing magic and rest would be effective. It's how the DM ran things the last time I played a forgeborn, though to be fair that was more an extended dungeon crawl than a proper campaign.

On another note, that red text was indeed meant to be internal. I would have used quotation marks if it were being said out loud.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile quickly goes about healing everybody who needs it with a worried face.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Cure Light Wounds on Etoile - *roll* 1d8 + 1 : 7
Cure Light Wounds on Aloisturm - *roll* 1d8 + 1 : 6
Cure Light Wounds on Sheriff Hemlock - *roll*1d8 +1 : 2
Cure Light Wounds on Aloisturm - *roll* 1d8 + 1 : 6))

Under Etoile's magical care, his own wounds and Aloisturm's are healed, his magic bending metal back into place and repairing the construct's exterior as if it were never wounded. The only sign that Aloisturm had taken damage was the shine of the new metal, unlike the more weathered and scuffed exterior of the rest of its carapace.

Sheriff Hemlock smiles in thanks at the healing spell, rubbing his tender side.
"Thanks, lad. I'll make sure to get Father Zantus to finish up the job. It's the least he can do after sending us into harm's way. What in the hells are those things? I've never seen corpses do this."

Zeratuu

Unharmed this time, the little kobold has been poking at the bones of the skeletal wolf, seeming to find the feel of the bone dissolving in her hands amusing.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven reloads his pistol, puts it away as he finishes his cigarette and takes a small sip from his flask; mostly to have the smell of alcohol in his nose rather than the smell of pus and other entrails.

"I've had my share of seeing some nasty things in my life, but this one just bested all of them."

He peers into the doorway, making sure to not step on the remains

Perception check
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Aloisturm flexed its joints after the young squishy used his healing magic. While not quite at full integrity, it was nothing a couple of hours of self-repair couldn't handle.

"Satisfactory. You have my thanks."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Kal looks inside the mausoleum.

((Please not another plague zombie. Please not another plague zombie.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Aloisturm should be at 100% integrity. That said, feeling a bit battered after getting whacked by an ogre is perfectly logical.))

Steven and Kal carefully look inside the mausoleum, wary for more undead waiting in ambush.

((*roll* Perception 1d20 + 8 : 10))

Luckily, the inside of the small building is free of any further undead intruders. They both see that one of the sarcophagi has been opened, but otherwise the room is surprisingly clean and untouched except for a small puddle of ooze. Like the remains outside, the ooze is dissipating into cloth threads as the gentle breeze from outside blows through the ruined doorframe.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 77