Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88880 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((make it Zeratuu make it Zeratuu))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((I actually have no idea what kind of love experience Etoile has. How about we let the dice gods decide? Roll a 100, Hanzoku. Low is none, high is a lot. You make up the fluff.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sorry, Zeratuu has a platonic relationship with her Master. None of you appeal to her anyway - either a golem, or all pink and lacking scales, tails and wings. Plus she's 2'4", and you're all freakish giants. If you want to watch her get googlie-eyed, let her see a lizardman barbarian. ;)

*roll* Etoile's Sordid Past 1d100 : 33

Etoile's heritage is an interesting mix, and despite his human parents, he picked up quite a few traits from the longer lived relatives in his family tree. One of which, unknown to many, is his long lifespan. Despite appearing a youth barely reaching his 20s, Etoile is in fact much older, and living in the human world, has had all the more time to find love - and have his heart broken.

Etoile's curse did not manifest itself in overt ways until his teenage years. Before that, his parents would sometimes forget to give him chores, or have forgotten that they had done so and be surprised when they found him hard at work. Friends would sometimes forget to meet with him to play, but aren't children sometimes forgetful?

His curse truly struck him for the first time with his first love, Amelia. A human girl, with shining blond hair and bright green eyes, the two were deeply in love and had given each other their virginity. They were making plans to wed and raise a family together, and all seemed perfect.

On Etoile's 18th birthday, he woke in the arms of his lover. When she stirred, she saw him - and screamed. Years of growing up together, becoming attracted to each other, going on dates, and falling in love... gone. As if they never existed. As if he had never existed. Traumatized, Amelia returned home to her family, unable to believe that they had ever had anything together. Likewise heartbroken, and with a nasty rumor about his contact with the girl hanging over his head, Etoile left home as well.

He lived for a long while in Magnimar, mostly keeping to himself and his growing love of books and knowledge. On occasion, he would find himself in a bar and find companionship there with travelling women, for these one-night stands were not as vulnerable to his curse's affects, but they also left the young man unfulfilled and empty. Since he has moved to Sandpoint, he has not had any such liaisons, but longs desperately for a love such as he once shared with Amelia.

So... some experience, but not a gigolo. And a healthy helping of his curse screwing everything up.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Now I just feel bad for the poor guy...))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That description feels surprisingly realistic. Even extremely shy and anxious people will yearn to get out of their shell, sometimes manifesting in bursts of taking the initiative. I'd imagine his shy and awkward nature is due to growing up with the curse.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh, I decided to do some comparisons... not counting Kal and his currently-mysterious stats, the strongest character is Aloisturm (no surprise), and Steven and Etoile tied for second. Zeratuu and Steven are tied for highest dexterity, while Etoile has the highest constitution, followed up by the tiny lizard. Steven is the smartest, and the robot and lizard tie for second. Steven's also the wisest, followed by again, a little lizard creature. Etoile is far and away the most charismatic, probably with Kal in a tie or being a close second.

Aloisturm gets an honorable mention for his stunning lack of charisma. And he'd better hope that we never run into anything that can drain that stat. :P))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I guess that explains why he's 'Rusty'  :P ))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven reloads and fires at the ogre using deadeye

((*roll* 1d20 + 6 -2 (Range) vs Touch AC : 22 Hit
*roll* Damage 1d8 : 4
1 Grit expended (3/4 left)))

The bullet catches the ogre solidly, a spurt of goop spraying over the mausoleum wall behind it. With such a large target, Steven has no trouble firing safely around the Sheriff.

Plague Ogre Zombie

The ogre moans, a deep sound that nearly vibrates in their chests as it rears back and swings a massive, gnarled arm at the living prey in front of it.

((*roll* 1d20 + ? vs AC 18 : 24 Hit
*roll* Damage 1d8 + 6 : 13
*roll* Sheriff Hemlock Fort Save 1d20 + 6 vs DC 13 : 23 Succeeded))

The blow catches Sheriff Hemlock heavily, battering him through his armor and leaving him gasping for breath. Despite that, he grimaces his way through the pain. Thankfully, none of the rot dripping from the ogre corpse touches him.

Wolf Skeleton

The magic animating the wolf skeleton makes a decision, and it charges the Sheriff from the side. He catches sight of it, and is able to defend against its attack.

((*roll*1d20 + ? vs AC 18 : 9 Miss))

Its jaws snap at his legs, but he deftly deflects its lunge with his shield.

Skeleton #2

Like the wolf, the magic animating the other human skeleton searches for a target, and surprisingly focuses on the construct that smashed its companion to dust. With a rattle of bones, it charges the construct, claws hooked. Seeing it coming, Aloisturm readies its weapon.

((*roll* AoO Aloisturm - 1d20 + 5 vs AC : 21 Hit
*roll* Damage: 1d12 + 10 : 15))

Like its companion, the hammer sweeps the skeleton from existance, leaving Aloisturm to feel a faint glow of satisfation. Truly, it was helpful when targets made themselves so easy to dismantle.

Round 2 - Sheriff Hemlock
Recovering his balance from his charge, the Sheriff begins to fight defensively, executing a combination attack against the ogre, unleashing a wicked backhand with his longsword and following it with a solid shield bash.

((*roll* Full Attack 1d20+4/1d20+3 vs AC : 13, 23 Hit, Hit and Threat
*roll* 1d20 + 3 : 5 No Crit
*roll* Damage 1d8+3/1d3+1 : 6 + 3 = 9))

Both strikes connect solidly. While the ogre cannot feel pain, the damage from Hemlock's attacks and Steven's bullets are starting to tell, leaving gaping wounds in its flesh.

((Initiative Tracker: Sheriff Hemlock, Aloisturm, Kal, Fast Zombie, Etoile, Zeratuu, Steven, Plague Ogre Zombie, Wolf Skeleton))

((Buff Tracker: Sheriff Hemlock: Fighting Defensively (-2 Attack, +2 AC) - 1 round))
((Friendly Health Tracker: Aloisturm: Healthy, Etoile: Healthy, Kal: Healthy, Steven: Healthy, Zeratuu: Healthy, Sheriff Hemlock: Wounded))
((Hostile Health Tracker: Plague Ogre Zombie: Wounded, Fast Zombie: Wounded, Wolf Skeleton: Healthy, Skeleton #1: Dead, Skeleton #2: Dead))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Can I make it to the tile south-east of the Sheriff if I charge?))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((If you want to be biggified, don't forget to ask.

Just.... if the spell misses you and hits the troll, don't blame me :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I don't think biggification will be required this time, but thanks  :P ))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yes. You'll get +2 on your attack roll, -2 AC until next round. Also, since you have a reach weapon, you avoid taking the AoO since you can attack from its first square of threat.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Nice.))

Aloisturm charges to the previously indicated space! It swings its hammer at the skelewolf!

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm charges to the previously indicated space! It swings its hammer at the skelewolf!

((*roll* 1d20 + 7 vs AC : 19 Hit
*roll* Damage 1d12 + 10 : 22))

The wolf skeleton crouched, preparing to pounce once more at the distracted human when Aloisturm thundered towards it hammer swinging and smashing down on the skeleton's body, shattering spine and rib cage alike and sending the disconnected limbs scattering in every direction.

"Thanks!" Sheriff Hemlock shouted, freed to turn his full attention to the ogre zombie.

((Seriously, Aloisturm causes critical existance failures every time he swings.))

((Initiative Tracker: Sheriff Hemlock, Aloisturm, Kal, Fast Zombie, Etoile, Zeratuu, Steven, Plague Ogre Zombie))

((Buff Tracker: Sheriff Hemlock: Fighting Defensively (-2 Attack, +2 AC) - 1 round, Aloisturm: Charged (+2 Attack, -2 AC) - 1 round))
((Friendly Health Tracker: Aloisturm: Healthy, Etoile: Healthy, Kal: Healthy, Steven: Healthy, Zeratuu: Healthy, Sheriff Hemlock: Wounded))
((Hostile Health Tracker: Plague Ogre Zombie: Wounded, Fast Zombie: Wounded, Wolf Skeleton: Dead, Skeleton #1: Dead, Skeleton #2: Dead))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"Sheriff, I think it is best you let rusty handle that big one."

Steven tries hard to not look mortified at the carnage that the construct has caused by taking a big puff of his cigarette
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 77