Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88882 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #480 on: December 23, 2016, 04:52:34 pm »

Aloisturm pauses as it recalls the dream/memory of the previous night.

"I have a single memory from before Master Meatbag revived me. I was being led to battle as a member of a vast army of beings like me. We were unified in a way I cannot currently comprehend. For reasons unknown to me, meatbags wielding magic were giving us our orders; we did not lead ourselves." Crystals on the construct's body flicker rapidly as it tries in vain to remember more. "I do not know who we were going to fight, or where, or even what we called ourselves if we did so at all. I suspect that whatever caused me to enter stasis damaged my central memory as well. Perhaps it will recover with time, but until then I must rely on meatbag histories."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 23, 2016, 10:53:59 pm »

Steven tries to recollect anything from his studies from his childhood (knowledge history)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 27, 2016, 05:47:08 pm »

((Merry Belated Christmas! (I'm late saying it)))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 27, 2016, 05:48:04 pm »

((Merry Christmas!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 27, 2016, 05:49:56 pm »

((Merry two-day-late Christmas!))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 27, 2016, 06:14:21 pm »

((Aw schmucks, now I gotta say it too, heh. Merry Christmas, you fools.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 28, 2016, 05:13:46 am »

((Merry Christmas and a happy New Years to you all!))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hey guys, sorry that it’s taken so long to get back to this. With the busy period of the holidays behind me, I’ll try to be a bit more consistent with things like, you know, updating more than once every few weeks. >_>
OK, for Aloisturm’s background, I’m going to do my best to balance effort and reward. Instead of the standard knowledge check rules, here’s how I see things going:

Each library (or source of knowledge) will have a random set of pieces of knowledge from a list I’ve been putting together. These will have a difficulty value assigned to them, but unlike with a normal knowledge check, your efforts are cumulative, so spending a few days on research will net you knowledge, unless you roll particularly badly each time. I’m sort of winging this, so there may be adjustments in the future, especially based on your feedback.

Because you’re all working on the same source of knowledge, Etoile and Steven’s aid comes in the form of Aid Another bonuses to Aloisturm’s check.

The library doesn’t have much in the way of geographic resources. The general library that Etoile works at can help with that question, though.))

Aloisturm, Etoile an Steven
With Etoile and Steven’s help, the three spend hours going through the extensive library.

((Steven – Aid Another: *roll* 1d20 + 3 : 19 Success
Etoile – Aid Another *roll* 1d20 + 1 : 18 Success
Aloisturm – Knowledge: History *roll* 1d20 + 2 + 4 (Aid Another bonuses) + 4 (Library) : 20))

After a great deal of work and many false leads, the three of you begin to discover something promising. Among the many nations of the world, none was more advanced in both science and magecraft then the mighty empire of Azlant. However, a mage known as Xin fled the empire for reasons the author of the book does not discuss and eventually settled on the wild and untamed reaches of the mainland to the northeast of Azlant. Others followed him and his example, and while many were mundane, many others were gifted spellcasters. Together, these mages knew many of the secrets of the Azlanti knowledge of magic, including the crafting of magnificent golems.

The volume found ends on this note, but the next one in the series is missing, a folded note in its place noting that a ‘Brodert Quink’ was allowed to borrow it about a week ago.

This won’t prevent the three of you from pursuing other possible leads in the library, but pursuing this further will require finding this man and retrieving the book.

Kal
Madam Mavashti passes a hand over his claws, muttering to herself. She peers at them closely, and forces him to flex and unflex his fingers, watching their movement as he does so. Several times, a tingle of magic energy passes over his hands as she inspects them carefully, before she moves on to inspecting the rest of him just as thoroughly, peering in his eyes, checking his ears, even checking his teeth!

Leaning back in her chair, Madam Mavashti sips her tea, looking at Kal gravely over the rim of the cup. When she lowers it, she begins speaking.

“Well now. When you get as old as I am, you pick up a bit of knowledge if you put any effort into learning from what you run into over your life. Now, you’ve had a good teacher, so you have at least some idea of the many heritages that fire our blood with magic, and leave their marks on us. You act and sound like you found out your grandfather was a necromancer, or dallied with the infernal. But from what I can see, everything points to your bloodline having a dragon somewhere in it, and probably one of the metallic at that.

Now, that’s not saying that every metallic dragon is a saint and has done no wrong deed, but what do you mean ‘bad blood’?”

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing that his chance to further look around the library is diminishing with every success, Etoile at the end finally gets a rather simple idea that he meekly provides.

"W-w-we could split up. I-I'll look around the library here, y-yo-yo-you can find Mr. Quink."

At this point the old youth was catatonically frozen in beef red as his ulterior motives surface.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Kal's lips twist in an approximation of a smile.

His blood is bad, trust me. I do not want to speak his name.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing that his chance to further look around the library is diminishing with every success, Etoile at the end finally gets a rather simple idea that he meekly provides.

"W-w-we could split up. I-I'll look around the library here, y-yo-yo-you can find Mr. Quink."

At this point the old youth was catatonically frozen in beef red as his ulterior motives surface.
"I can say finding people is not one of my specialties.

You seem to know this area better than me, and Rusty here doesn't remember much. I'm sure if you don't know where or even who this man is, I'm sure you can find someone who can help us get those answers."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kal's lips twist in an approximation of a smile.

His blood is bad, trust me. I do not want to speak his name.

Madam Mavashti sips her tea, thinking for a long moment. "Child, I have lived a long life, and met many that shared our innate gift for magic. What I can tell you with certainty is that your ancestor that sparked your gift does not determine whether you touch this world for good or ill. I have met a woman with the blood of fiends who was as close to an angel as this world sees. I have also met a man whose spark came from an angel who was a fiend that not even devils would suffer.

You ask for wisdom, and that I'm told I have in plenty. But ask more specifically, child, what you would know."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I can say finding people is not one of my specialties.

You seem to know this area better than me, and Rusty here doesn't remember much. I'm sure if you don't know where or even who this man is, I'm sure you can find someone who can help us get those answers."

((Pssst. This is to Etoile))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I..Okay."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The older meatbag is correct. The odds of success are greatest if you take charge in locating this 'Quink' while the two of us continue to pursue leads."

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 77