Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88852 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #450 on: November 24, 2016, 03:27:08 am »

Knowledge check about the guns
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 24, 2016, 07:43:21 am »

Ameiko smiles as she takes a seat, since noone seems opposed to it. "Let's call it on the house for your heroics today, unless you immediately go for the most expensive drinks in the house." She pauses and winks at the kobold, speaking in Draconic

[Draconic]"It also means that I won't have to have words with you, little sister. Ask one of your companions later about how inns and taverns usually work."

Zeratuu looks startled at being addressed directly and looks abashed. She's apparently done something wrong, even if it was forgiven.

Knowledge check about the guns

((You don't have any points in Knowledge (Engineering) or Knowledge (History) yet, so without access to a library, your knowledge of them covers about what Steven related, more or less.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2016, 07:53:12 am »

Etoile's eyes light up again as the innkeeper sits down and he gets ready for his questioning.

"M-miss Ameiko. Could you tell us a bit more about your inn? Are you the one that founded it or have there been previous innkeepers? What inspired the architecture and design choices in the inn? I would love to know who designed it!"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 29, 2016, 10:48:19 am »

Ameiko smiles charmingly at the stuttering young man." "Certainly! The Rusty Dragon is the oldest inn in Sandpoint. It was once known as the Iron Dragon in fact, back when the dragon gracing the roof wasn't quite so weathered. I'm not sure how many owners this old building has had, but I bought it from Gerard, six years back, when I came back from adventuring. While I can't take credit for designing the base structure, its current look has something of Magnimar about it, and other cities I visited while I was travelling. You can thank Madame Mvashti and her contact with the druids. It cost a pretty penny, but the single sweep of living wood is striking, isn't it?" She says, appreciating the architecture.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 29, 2016, 11:49:45 am »

The construct gazes at the "gun" Steven shows off.

"I have never encountered such things. This weapon of yours did not seem to be all that powerful against the Enemy, though the noise it makes is rather impressive for such a small device."
"Considering you're putting a small metal ball through someone and not an edged blade like an arrow, it does its job. Unlike an arrow though, this can pierce through armor like its not even there.

It would more than likely go clean through you even if you stood about 40ft from me... Assuming I'm not drunk at the time."

He tries to fill his flask with what he can from the bottle and then takes another drink from it.

"So, magician..." He says looking towards Kal.

"What do you take in all of this?"
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 05, 2016, 06:03:16 am »

Zeratuu

Stuffed full of food for the first time in memory, the little kobold lets the conversation in Common wash over her, unheeded. Exhaustion has begun to set in as the short sleep next to the owlbear cage the night before, the long day and the adrenaline withdrawal has Zeratuu in danger of falling asleep on her feet. She eyes the group, but even Master Etoile seems involved in talking with the Lodge Mistress, face intent as he speaks with enthusiasm. Still, she remembers his face and tone from earlier. Looking around, she sees his backpack next to his chair, and quietly slips off the chair she was standing on. Quick claws make work of the straps holding the top flap down, and she peeks inside to see that the bag isn't filled very full. Nodding firmly, she slips into the bag and curls up inside, wings wrapped tight around herself and tail curled around until she can rest her chin on it. She quickly falls asleep, marveling at how quickly one day can change her fate.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 08, 2016, 05:39:47 pm »

Happy at having his questions answered, Etoile finally remembers his manners.

"Yes, yes! It's what took my attention when I entered, it is quite unique in that manner. Thank you for letting us stay at your inn, Miss Ameiko, we appreciate it."

Etoile remembers that she will probably forget about him soon after he leaves so he shoots glares and slight head nudges to the gunslinger and sorcerer to also give their thanks.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 12, 2016, 04:00:53 pm »

Detecting a lull in the conversation, Aloisturm lurches up from its chair and stomps off towards its assigned quarters. There, it enters a low-power state and contemplates the events of the past few days (Former-Master Meatbag hadn't let the construct rest since its awakening). Being more machine than meat, it completes the process and "awakens", fully refreshed, after just two hours.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 13, 2016, 09:15:50 am »

Steven, having realized the caster ignored him, heads off to rest himself after thanking his hostess
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2016, 04:47:40 pm »

((Hey all, I've plotted out the update for the jight, just got to write it. That said, I'm at a featival this weekend, so it's looking like Monday for an update. Thanks for bearing with me!))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 16, 2016, 04:56:14 pm »

((I'll be jumping a country over the weekend, so it's no effort for me to refrain from posting.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 16, 2016, 06:23:18 pm »

((Timeskip, I'm hoping? I don't think we seriously need to resume the slightly-drunken conversation from before :P ))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 16, 2016, 06:26:44 pm »

((Fine by me, so long as said timeskip involves Kal praying to Shelyn for guidance, asking for help, etc.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 16, 2016, 06:30:16 pm »

((Fair enough. I would want to spend my timeskip at the special monk-library, unless that winds up being our next destination anyway.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 16, 2016, 09:25:34 pm »

((Depending on how long the timeskip is, if it's just the night then Etoile just reads a book or examines the inn more. If it's longer than that, he should stop by the library and write a letter to his parents.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77