Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88814 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #390 on: November 08, 2016, 11:29:21 am »

Etoile reels back from being surprised at the construct's outcry.

"I-I don't know. I'm talking about the city library."

At Steven's reply, Etoile bares his head down, trying to stuff tears back in from having to deal with people like him again. Not taking him seriously again.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 08, 2016, 01:31:21 pm »

((What does Kal know about such curses? I suppose this is a knowledge check.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 08, 2016, 03:52:25 pm »

((Might as well have Aloisturm throw in a check as well.

I wasn't going to bother at first but I just remembered that psionics and magic are interconnected in this game, at least from what Hanzoku told me.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 08, 2016, 05:20:12 pm »

((I think it would be a knowledge (religion) check regardless. His curse is divine in nature after all...))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 08, 2016, 05:27:23 pm »

((Oh...maybe you're right.

If that's the case, don't worry about my check. I have no religion skills >_> ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 08, 2016, 06:10:36 pm »

((I don't think anyone does except him))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2016, 08:18:13 am »

((Sorry for the delay everyone. I should be able to get the plot moving forward again this coming Monday.))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 14, 2016, 09:36:10 am »

((It would indeed be a knowledge(religion) check to know more then the basics. That said, you can do some research in a well-stocked library and find out some more with some decent rolls.))

Aloisturm processes the youth's outburst and calls up what supporting information it knows. Kal, meanwhile, recalls where his teacher's lessons covered other aspects of magic then the arcane. In both their cases, the information is somewhat limited.

Certain individuals, either touched directly by the gods or possessing such deep faith in something tap into divine power directly, instead of through the structure of prayers as normal clerics do. However, such close access to divine magic is not without its drawbacks, and these individuals, known as 'oracles' always possess some form of curse to counterbalance their gift. The more well known ones are blindness, unnatural aging and lameness. A curse such as Etoile mentions isn't common knowledge, but would it be if those cursed in such a fashion are forgotten so swiftly and completely?

Meanwhile, Zeratuu folders her arms and growls at Master Etoile. It's somewhat adorable coming from a creature her size.
"Master has bad magic on him that makes others forget him always? Zeratuu not forget Master! Zeratuu not let Zeratuu forget Master! Master set Zeratuu free, fight things that try to kill Zeratuu, heal Zeratuu when hurt!" She starts poking Etoile in the leg with a finger, the claw stinging slightly as tries to make her point. "Zeratuu write note, read every morning, remind Zeratuu about debt she owes. Zeratuu not break honor by forget!"

Mayor Deverin stands back, lips twitching in surpressed amusement as she watches the argument. "Let me make the announcement. I think I caught everyone's names in all of this." She walks over to the platform, fighting back a giggle as the kobold continues to berate the human more then twice her size. Stepping onto the platform, Sheriff Hemlock shouts for attention and quiet slowly falls across the square as the townsfolk give her their attention.

"Friends, citizens, and travelling guests. We were beset this night by the foul goblins that plague this area. They came with torches in hand to burn our homes, and murder in their hearts. Yet despite the surprise of their attack, you fought back. You picked up weapons and defended our fair town, you helped the wounded to aid, and fetched buckets to put out fires before they could spread. Your stubborn refusal to panic, your courage in the face of danger stood Sandpoint well. We were not alone in the night, for we had each other. More, we had the efforts of five brave individuals, travelers and citizens alike. These brave folk slew several bands of goblins before they could bring harm to our glorious new cathedral or the people sheltered within. They slew one of the goblin's warchanters, sapping the craven monsters of their will to fight. They drove them from our town, and slew their war leader, saving an innocent life in the process.

You know many of our new heroes from their actions today. Swift and accurate Steven, the outlander winner of the Barrow Run and deadly shot with his gun. The mighty and agile Aloisturm, the construct that managed to defeat the otherwise undefeatable Sabyl Sorn. The mystic adept, Kal, gifting his allies with the size and strength of giants. The little dragon-kin Zeratuu, who unwillingly entertained us this day in the menagerie, yet fought to save our lives and our homes. And gentle Etoile, a simple librarian of our town, but with heart and courage enough for the bravest warrior. A man who unflinchingly faced danger, smiting down goblins with one hand and healing his allies with the other.

Give your thanks, gentle townsfolk, to the heroes of Sandpoint!"

The cheers are overwhelming as the citizens of Sandpoint respond enthusiastically.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 14, 2016, 02:21:48 pm »

Steven tips his hat forward as to not show much of his face, hiding it as a hat tip. He mutters to himself in goblin something among the lines of "Just what I needed..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 14, 2016, 05:34:57 pm »

Aloisturm found itself feeling somewhat annoyed. It hadn't minded a little recognition of its fighting prowess from other warriors (well okay, the guards barely qualified as such), but the applause of so many meatbags grated on its auditory senses.

Luckily, the construct's metal faceplate was completely impassive and the irritation did not show.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 14, 2016, 06:26:02 pm »

((This is an interesting group. No one really wants to be a hero, they're just hailed as such for doing something heroic.

Well, except maybe Kal))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 14, 2016, 06:32:54 pm »

((Aloisturm's got other things on its mind. All this recognition is just a waste of time at the moment :P ))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 14, 2016, 06:42:56 pm »

((Aloisturm's got other things on its mind. All this recognition is just a waste of time at the moment :P ))

((Steven doesn't like it because the last thing he needs is recognition))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 14, 2016, 06:48:05 pm »

((Outlaw, I'm guessing?))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 14, 2016, 07:48:11 pm »

((Outlaw, I'm guessing?))
((Well, player knowledge, I already said he's an outlaw if you read my page. He's trying to redeem himself, but it's hard when you have bounty hunters after you))

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 77