Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88811 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #375 on: November 02, 2016, 04:19:23 pm »

The party returns to a scene far different from the one they had left. The fires are out, a few patches sullenly smoldering with the last embers of the flames. The square is once again crowded, but this time with busy, energetic effort. Two of the acolytes of the temple are seeing to the lightly wounded at the front steps, while two men are carrying a third, badly injured man inside, presumably for more intensive care. Armed militia and another pair of the guard are posted near the roadways into the square, and the more observant members of the party notice men and women lurking on the rooftops with bows and crossbows. Torches and lanterns provide enough light to work by and drive back the evening gloom.

Other townsfolk are unarmed, their hands instead busy with hauling dead goblins onto a wagon and beginning to clean up from the festival and fighting.

The bonfire intended for the celebration after the consecration has been kindled, and Sheriff Hemlock, Mayor Deverin and Father Zantus are standing together in intent discussion. Despite the chaos, the Mayor looks rumpled but unharmed, while the Sheriff's face and gear show the minor nicks and cuts of hard fighting. Father Zantus is likewise unharmed, but his robe shows splotches of blood from tending to the wounded.

The party approaches, and Zantus spots them, saying something to the other two. They look up and eye the party speculatively, and Mayor Deverin purses her lips in consideration. They catch the end of her comment as they come closer.
"-you sure about this?"

Father Zantus nods "Given what has happened, the people need a symbol to rally around."

Belor Hemlock shrugs as she looks to him. "They're a likely enough bunch as any. The construct and the outlander with the gun made some names for themselves already today. And the kobold, for entirely different reasons."

Major Deverin looks a little worried at this. "Will the kobold be an issue?"

Father Zantus shakes his head. "Not for a while, if it behaves."

Major Deverin nods. "Alright, then."

The three turn to greet the party with varying levels of warmth as they join them next to the bonfire. "My apologies for discussing you, like that. Sandpoint has suffered quite a shock this night. While many fought bravely to defend house and home, you five stood out." Mayor Deverin says with a warm smile.

Father Zantus nods in agreement. "Your actions allowed myself and my acolytes to secure the cathedral. Thank the Gods, not one of those beasts defiled its sanctity by stepping even one foot in. Further, you killed one of their warchanters, and without that magic, their taste for battle broke."

Belor follows up by pointing to where Aldern Foxglove, who had gone ahead while Steve was visiting the shooting range, is holding forth to a semi-circle of townsfolk. "Aldern told us what you did at the eastern gate. I think he exaggerates the extent of the goblin horde you drove off." he says dryly with a hint of a smile "But the goblin rider was one of their war leaders, and his death will make the coming days a bit easier."

"This is why I'll shortly be proclaiming you all heroes of Sandpoint. Our town is in need of a symbol to rally around, and your actions certainly nominate you all for this honor." Mayor Alderin says firmly.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 02, 2016, 05:02:18 pm »

A small smile shows on Etoile's face, though his eyes shoe a different, more sad emotion. Today's exhaustion finally getting to him, he finally manages to speak something properly as he adresses the party.

"It was nice meeting you guys. Please take care of Zeratuu, I'm sure she'll be helpful and I don't think anybody else would protect her like you did."

Etoile bows to everybody and tries to leave and help with the healing efforts.

((For the confused: Etoile has zero incentive and reason to stay with the party, especially considering his curse and how he doesn't think much of himself.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 02, 2016, 06:49:01 pm »

((Well, the party should be around town for a while. It won't be out of possibility that everyone runs into each other again, and upcoming events will have the group coming together to deal with various situations to continue bonding before having full on dungeon dives. That said, I'm fine if people make the case for keeping Etoile around, and I'm also fine if you want to reroll to someone with more interest in staying with the group if you find that Etoile just doesn't have that adventuring spark.))

Zeratuu was confused. People were talking rapidly in a language she doesn't understand, and translations often coming after the conversation had moved on, if those who spoke languages she knew remembered to translate at all. Now, Master Etoile was saying something with a sad expression, before bowing and walking away. The little kobold wasn't having that, and grabbed onto his clock and dug her heels in. The end result was comical, as 24 pounds of tiny lizard creature slid across the cobbles behind the young man, a look of frustration on her face.

"This one does not understand what you were saying, Master! Where are we going?" she says in the broken mixture of languages that the two had worked out

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 02, 2016, 06:51:44 pm »

Aloisturn eyed the mayor. When it spoke, a hint of suspicion came through the monotone.

"What is the capture? The...catch?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2016, 07:00:58 pm »

Mayor Deverin glances back and forth, takes a moment to consider things, and decides to treat the construct as its own being, as it is obvious that no one is providing it with guidance or prompting.

"Attention, for the most part. Understand, I am grateful for your actions, and they came at a critical junction in this raid. That said, Sandpoint is home to a number of former adventurers, and our militia and guard were motivated to defend their homes and families. This raid was... insane, even for goblins."

Sheriff Hemlock frowns and shakes his head as well. "Agreed, they had little chance of causing more then the panic and mayhem they caused now. Something whipped the goblin tribes into a frenzy to attempt this, but I would have expected them to focus more on looting then fighting, and certainly not to be so bold as to strike into the town."

Mayor Deverin shrugs helplessly. "The guards managed to capture a few goblins, perhaps we can wring more answers from them. But back to your question - the catch. You will be noticed - more then you already are, at least, and your actions will carry more weight, good or ill. That said, being known as a hero generally leads to more good will then ill."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2016, 07:05:10 pm »

Steven keeps a straight face despite being internally worried.

"I appreciate the offer, but I assure you; I am no hero.

I am a wandering mercenary. You need someone someone from here who knows the people here and they know him.

Like the young man here."

Steven grabs Etoile by the shoulder and turns him around to the group

"He's the hero you're looking for. A homebody who is willing to risk his neck on the line."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 02, 2016, 07:13:59 pm »

((Good handling of the situation, Highmax.))

Father Zantus looks amused."Ah, young man. I think you sell yourself short. Your feats of marksmanship and athleticism are already well known. The fastest runner in the barrow run makes you a subject of gossip - at least for a week or two."

The three look blank as they look at Etoile, not recognizing him, but accepting Steven's words. "A local hero helps connect the whole of you to the community, I agree that he should be feted for his actions with the rest of you." the Mayor says in agreement.

"Please, what are your names? It's impolite to just refer to you as strangers, construct and kobold." she asks with a winning smile.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 02, 2016, 10:48:29 pm »

Steven internally curses himself for drawing attention to himself.

"...They call me Steven."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 03, 2016, 03:10:46 am »

Etoile just stands there suddenly feeling very uncomfortable at all the attention and squirms under Steven's iron hand on his shoulder. The bespectacled youth can't bring himself to look at Zeratuu.

((I'm quite happy with how Etoile turned out actually. I'm just trying to roleplay him as realistically as possible. This will naturally include some things like him thinking he's an average joe and isn't supposed to be there.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 03, 2016, 06:14:16 am »

"I am designated as 'Aloisturm'."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 06, 2016, 10:11:20 am »

Kal bows his head slightly in their direction.

Kal.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 08, 2016, 09:44:53 am »

Zeratuu lets go of the cloak and darts around to stand in front of Etoile, arms folded and foot tapping with impatience, ignoring the chatter around her. With Steven holding the boy steady, he couldn't twist away from her accusing stare.

"Why try run away? You help save clan, was big warrior. Not as big as Rusty, but make name for self. You cast spells that closed wounds and helped clan fight better. Master acting strange!"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 08, 2016, 10:19:35 am »

Etoile bites back tears and with a grimace turns to the party, anger slightly boiling in him.

"I am cursed with being forgotten. You will forget me soon enough. It's probably for the best anyways, and I have to take care of the library."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 08, 2016, 10:37:13 am »

Aloisturm's head swung around to look directly at Etoile.

"What library is this? The same one as that monk?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 08, 2016, 10:52:29 am »

Etoile bites back tears and with a grimace turns to the party, anger slightly boiling in him.

"I am cursed with being forgotten. You will forget me soon enough. It's probably for the best anyways, and I have to take care of the library."

Steven quiets and talks to the youth only

"Then what better way to secure yourself in stories and songs by being the hero they want you to be? You won't be forgotten once your name is recorded as a hero."

He speaks as if the curse is more or less Etoile's self esteem issues and seems more encouraging than sympathetic

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 77