Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132713 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #885 on: December 21, 2016, 08:13:56 pm »

Spoiler: CW004 'K' (click to show/hide)

"So how about we steer clear of those menacing guns?"
Fire a loaded missile at the most threatening autogun. Brace for the inevitable boat crash.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 21, 2016, 08:30:13 pm »

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Bastards. I gave that old boat life! And now you've cast me aside.

grumble about the fickleness of hovercrafts as a I sprint into a guard tower and shoot everyone there to death.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:29:23 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 21, 2016, 08:59:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(I'll fight on my noble steed)
DRIVE THE EEL TO GLORY. Crush the autoguns

(I'm so going to die)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:09:22 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 21, 2016, 09:03:07 pm »

Stand on front of airboot. Hit other guys with heavy gun.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 21, 2016, 10:00:00 pm »

Call for a medic. Try to suppress the enemies firing at me
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 21, 2016, 11:06:53 pm »

Try to get a bit closer, and throw another frag in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 21, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »

"Hahaha! Vroom, vroom!"

Focus on not running into anything while my favorite artillery platform dishes out the damage. Circle the base clockwise, to the east.

Fire a loaded missile at the most threatening autogun. Brace for the inevitable boat crash.

grumble about the fickleness of hovercrafts as a I sprint into a guard tower and shoot everyone there to death.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 22, 2016, 08:26:06 am »

Autoguns? Guard towers?

Climb the nearest guard tower lika hero. Club its residents to death with my gun if the turn permits.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 22, 2016, 09:02:30 am »

Ow. Get up and hobble over too the rest of the squad
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 22, 2016, 04:32:24 pm »

Hang back a bit and get on the line to headquarters, wherever they are. Testing, testing...
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 23, 2016, 05:24:27 pm »

Battle 3: Round 8

These maps are start of round. I'll post them at the bottom with end of round info.
Spoiler: same map with tt tags (click to show/hide)

Brick 1

Take initiative. Fire at who else but The Other GuysTM.

(2) you fire, but miss.

Call for a medic. Try to suppress the enemies firing at me
(4)(6) a medic comes and treats your wounds. Your burn is stabilized. And you suppress the fuck out of the nearest guard tower. Ain't none of them shooting at any of you this round. Of course, none of your team can get up into that tower this round either, without taking firefrom you. whatevs, that's their problem.

Try to get a bit closer, and throw another frag in.
Since the only autogun in throwing range has been destroyed, I'll target one of the guard towers for you. May as well target the one on your corner.
(5) that tower is G.O.N.E. gone! bits flying everywhere. body parts, metal scrap, wooden pieces, a canteen. Glorious.  You damage one of the legs, and the whole tower collapses on it's side, taking a huge chunk of the fence out with it.

Autoguns? Guard towers?

Climb the nearest guard tower lika hero. Club its residents to death with my gun if the turn permits.
The nearest tower goes up in flames, so you run to the west to take out the next one in line. (1) and promply fall on your face halfway there, foaming at the mouth. I'll roll each round for whether you come out of it, so go ahead and post an action next round, if you don't die.

(I'll fight on my noble steed)
DRIVE THE EEL TO GLORY. Crush the autoguns

(I'm so going to die)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IlNbsILLE
(4) You slither into the clearing at last and race forward, launching over the fallen guard tower, and sliding across the enclosure toward the ziggurat, guns blazing. you don't quite make it to an autogun this round, though. It's a long ride. But you'll get a free movement toward one next round. East or South?

Brick 1 Death Rolls
Zr008 gets hit, but his armor saves him from any serious injury. Put a strikethrough on the armor though.

Brick 3
Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)
Realize that I was spacing out and that all my brick mates are now dead. I must AVENGE them! Charge! Use the bat!
(2) you charge out into the space between the fence and the ziggurat, swinging wildly. Man, it's a long run. You see The Other GuysTM ahead! Charge! Jeez, this is a big field.

Inject serum, run towards enemy
You get a CP: "Mutant" for your commitment to that serum, (6) which gives you a bonus of your choice and a negative of mine. choose wisely.

Ow. Get up and hobble over too the rest of the squad

You arrive at the clearing. Your squad is kinda spread out here. One dude is running into the enclosure, several are dead, thre's a smoking trail of destruction leading through a hole in the fence, and some batmonkeys are attacking a guard tower, for some reason.

Hang back a bit and get on the line to headquarters, wherever they are. Testing, testing...
"Yo. this is HQ. watchu want?"

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
(4)(5)(6)(6) The enemy is in disarray. You guys will get one bonus action next round.

Brick 4

"Hahaha! Vroom, vroom!"

Focus on not running into anything while my favorite artillery platform dishes out the damage. Circle the base clockwise, to the east.

clockwise to the east he says, while driving from the southeast straight to the northwest. A true Grunt, indeed.
(2) Well, that didn't work out for you anyway. It did work out for me though. You react too late, and as you steer west, you run up onto the side of the ziggurat anyway, aimed straight at the middle of the western corner, halfway up.

(2) you launch a missile off and it flies up, reorients, and dives straight at the autogun in front of you. that gun is having none of it, though, and shoots it out of the air. well, at least it is facing away from you now, for the moment.
(1) and you fall out of the Airboat as it hits the side of the ziggurat and starts upward!

(1) you sprint into an unexpected pond, covered by deceptively flat grasses. Well, you were already covered head to to in swamp anyway, so whatever.

Stand on front of airboot. Hit other guys with heavy gun.
(6) you ride the airboat rightr up the side of the ziggurat, firing at the southwestern Gun. You put some holes in it's casing. it is now 1/5 damaged, but still fully functional.

Brick 4 Death Rolls
CW004 is at last taken down by a blast from an Autogun. (6) the ensuing explosion takes out the southeast autogun, and a significant chink of the corner of the ziggurat.
Dug gets a serious injury from an underwater stick or something poking into a limb.
Yo009 shrugs off a blow from shrapnel that would have maimed a lesser being. He  only receives a serious wound instead.

Instructions for next round
Newcomers will arrive at the edge of the clearing closest to their platoons: 1 to northeast, 3 to east, 4 to southeast.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 23, 2016, 05:40:45 pm »

Get up and start running towards the objective.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 23, 2016, 06:53:51 pm »

(4)(5)(6)(6) The enemy is in disarray. You guys will get one bonus action next round.
Finish charging across the field and smack someone in the face with my bat. It needs to taste blood. Use my extra action to keep the enemy scattered, attacking multiple targets and firing my carbine from my other hand. If nobody is available to receive my bat, join up with platoon 4.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 23, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »

Charge to the south and RIDE TO GLORY CRUSHING ALL IN MY PATH. If I see anyone carrying a sword take it from there corpse
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 23, 2016, 07:19:10 pm »

Call for Medic. Supply covering fire. When patched up, head through fence

((Do I have the sniper perk yet?)

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax