Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132722 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #855 on: December 17, 2016, 12:00:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Sorry!"

Start trudging towards the objective, making sure to keep my gun dry.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 17, 2016, 12:08:06 pm »

Limp out of swamp. Grab a medic and make it treat my serious wound. Then go attack that base.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 17, 2016, 12:57:36 pm »

Start cutting a (big) hole in the fence
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 17, 2016, 05:35:35 pm »

Spoiler: CW004 'K' (click to show/hide)

"Hey! Jag005 Dug! Maybe you could use your prisoner to find out where their artillery is? Some coordinates would be nice. YOU KNOW. BECAUSE I'M ARTILLERY."
If I get firing coordinates, fire guided missiles at their base/artillery. Otherwise, join OcE006 in heading to their base.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:00:56 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 17, 2016, 06:46:08 pm »

Make Calculated, precision shots at the Other Guys.
Repeat this as needed.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 17, 2016, 07:16:58 pm »

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Theres an idea.

Interrogate our prisoner to get the coordinates for the artillery that just shelled their own guys. Then tell CW004
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:33:37 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 17, 2016, 08:17:55 pm »

Is it too late to join?

If not, reinforcements have arrived!

Unit number: Re001
Name: Human M. Trash (M. is for maggot)
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 17, 2016, 10:41:06 pm »

Advance to the base following anyone who looks like they know where they are going. Duck behind cover if shot at.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 17, 2016, 10:52:34 pm »

I'll just assume that you're nice enough to let me join. ;D

Platoon (?)
Name: Human M. Trash (M. is for maggot)
Inventory: Standard issue Semi-Auto Rifle, pack of Deelishus™ chewing gum, Mark III Coalition Force Infantry Helmet, military backpack with MREs, extra fatigues, and the basic grunt gear.
Skill points: nothing to see here.

Hurtling downwards in one-man reinforcement brick. Hunker down, shoulder my rifle, grit my teeth, brace for impact, and hope for the best.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 17, 2016, 11:39:32 pm »

Get moving to that base!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 18, 2016, 12:59:05 am »

"Grunts! We ain't done here. Find a vehicle and get us moving!"

While my Grunt does the heavy labor, set back and chew on my gum.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 18, 2016, 03:24:41 pm »

Go get 'em, er, lads. Best tree monsters ever.
Lob an incendiary over the fence at something flammable, then toss in as many frags as possible before collapsing from blood loss.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 19, 2016, 03:22:32 pm »

Battle 3: Round 6

Read this part, yo.
Just so we are all on teh same page: there is a clering around teh enemy compound. Within that clearing is a tall electrified fence. Within the fence, the compound is composed of one, very large , rather ancient looking ziggurat. Gotta be like, at least ten Empirical Long Time Units old. ... Why, those automatic gun emplacements at each corner aren't even the newest models! Still pretty big and powerful though. Shiny. But not Empire Shiny. Just ... Ominous.

Brick 1
"Sorry!"

Start trudging towards the objective, making sure to keep my gun dry.
You arrive at the clearing.

Limp out of swamp. Grab a medic and make it treat my serious wound. Then go attack that base.
mark your wound as [treated] (1) an you suffer a seizure, falling to the ground and foaming at the mouth. Gonna require a roll each round to come out of it.(5) next round, yo uwill be unable to act. but after that you will come out of the seizure. I'd still appreciate a post to say you are there, though.

Is it too late to join?

If not, reinforcements have arrived!

Name: Human M. Trash (M. is for maggot)NO! bad. naughty. nononono. If this keeps up, an officer might be forced to Take Notice.
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.

"It never ceases to amaze me, how so many of you lowly, geneticly modified blobs of corn starch and snot can thing you hve what it takes to carry a name! You wipe that smug look off your face, UNNAMED Grunt! I'm talking to you! designation Arr. Eee. Zero. Zero. One! Now get out tere and die, you insult to pigs bottoms and cow turds! If I hear any more talk about names from the likes of you, the WHOLE PLATOON will no longer be issues their artificial gum flavored chewing resin. IS. THAT. CLEAR?"

Sergeants can be such hardasses, yo. but seriously, you don't want to deny this platoon their chewing resin. even if it is artificial and tastes like ass.

We're gonna start you out with platoon 1, having already landed with that brick, and we'll have you tag along this round so you don't fall too far behind and get eaten by eels. Actually, scratch that, it's so I don't have to keep track of where you  are. getting eaten by eels is expected. Anyway, you arrive at the clearing with your platoonmates. be sure to check in teh platoon 1 death rolls section each turn for your fate, and in the instructions for next round section for additional info.

Advance to the base following anyone who looks like they know where they are going. Duck behind cover if shot at.
Are you going to miss this opportunity to ride a space swamp eel into battle? ARE YOU? of course you aren't. You and MG003, who seems to be suffering from Grunt Synaptic Dissociation, stay right the fuck on that eel, and drive that motherfucker right up into the woods. (3) yo udon't quite get it aimed properly at The Other GuysTM base, but you are going in roughly the right direction. Hey, driving eels is hard, yo.

Brick 1 death rolls
SN003 and Re001 are both grazed by a shot from one of the corner cannons. They come to out in teh middle of the clearing, having been flung forward by the force of the blast. Both are maimed, losing one limb completely, and recieving the [burned 1/3] status. this will not automatically tick up each round though.

Brick 3

Start cutting a (big) hole in the fence
(2) you fumble the clippers and have to fish them out of the mud.

(6) you manage to short out a section of fence by hitting the transformer. really shootng to unlock the shooter class? or haven't you already got that one?

Go get 'em, er, lads. Best tree monsters ever.
Lob an incendiary over the fence at something flammable, then toss in as many frags as possible before collapsing from blood loss.
(1) your incendiary bounces back and lights almost at your feet. Ouch. That'll probably hurt. But if it doesn't kill you, you have one more round to throw shit at The Other GuysTM.

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
The branch Pork002 is leaning on snaps under his weight and he falls hard to the muddy ground. He gets a [serious] wound.
In spite of his best efforts, Hat008 comes out of this round unscathed. heck, he even gets aone additional round (so two left), due to adrenaline.

Brick 4

"Friendly artillery. Sweet."

Steal this patrol's speeder bikes and race dramatically towards the enemy base with my squad.

(3) you find a slow running hovercraft and clamber over it's skirt into the basin. "Come on, you guys, let's show these motherfuckers the true meaning of speed!" you say as you start up the engine. After their actions, the other two toss their prisoner in and climb aboard as well.

"Hey! Jag005 Dug! Maybe you could use your prisoner to find out where their artillery is? Some coordinates would be nice. YOU KNOW. BECAUSE I'M ARTILLERY."
If I get firing coordinates, fire guided missiles at their base/artillery. Otherwise, join OcE006 in heading to their base.
[Error: Tube not loaded. Action aborted. Updating: loading. Loading. Loading. Loaded!] This takes the whole turn, so you fail to fire your artillery in the vague and general direction so instructed.

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Theres an idea.

Interrogate our prisoner to get the coordinates for the artillery that just bombed us. Then tell CW004
(3) he points vaguely in the direction of The Other GuysTM base and gurgles a number at yu, eyes wild and face covered in swamp gunk.

"Grunts! We ain't done here. Find a vehicle and get us moving!"

While my Grunt does the heavy labor, set back and chew on my gum.
you and your grunt climb up into the hoverboat that Oce006 has requisitioned. good, ow yo uare all together in one big, fat target. goooood.

Brick 4 Death Rolls
(3) another artillery shell falls nearby. this one does some damage. let's see
CW004, you lose your last layer of armor and one limb. It can be one that's already damaged.
Yo008, you die. You can respawn as a corporal and climb right back in to the hovercraft if you want. That'll take place in the time between turns so you can ride along without making the others wait.

Instructions for next round
Brick One: You are on the northeast corner of the base. three of the autoguns can target you, as well as 5 of the 8 guard towers. Not all of them will at any given point though.
Brick Three: You are along the east side of the base. Two autoguns and three guard towers can target you. the one in the middle of the fence facing you is having batmonkey problems though.
Brick Four:You're in a boat. Or rather, a hovercraft. it sits low enough on it's skirt that it may as well be a boat, half the time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 19, 2016, 03:38:07 pm »

"Wait. Unfriendly artillery! Floor it!"

Put the petal to the metal! I'll make a speed demon of you if it kills me, which would not be surprising.

"OH GOD DAMNIT THAT HURTS WHY DID THEY INCLUDE SO MANY PAIN RECEPTORS AND WHY DID THEY NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE LOADING"
Fire loaded missile at artillery while in a moving vehicle. Not a bad idea, honest.
"...so if someone could please remind me to requisition a welder next time, that'd be great. Ow."
Ah dammint, fucking arty, let's see if I can get this old hovercraft to move a bit faster.
Fiddle with the engines to see if I can make the airboat faster and more able to dodge the artillery.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:04:41 am by Egan_BW »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 19, 2016, 03:42:28 pm »

[/quote]
((I don't have that. Yet.))

Continue QuikScoping the Newbs
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70