Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 133337 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #495 on: October 14, 2016, 08:59:32 pm »

Battle 2: Round 8 part A

Platoon 6

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh crap, wake up! Charge through the gate!

((I had seen that you sort of dropped out of the forums for a while there, so I left you in limbo))
(3) You run over to the now open gate, ducking behind the wall as a hail of bullets greets you at the threshold.

Keep up the western barfight brawling.
(4) you chuck a few more guys over the edge. Bullets are starting to fly your way, and a really massive guy starts to climb up to meet you. Will it be a destined fight between two behemoths?

Beg the god of boom booms for forgiveness, for I have sinned by not blowing shit up with this character yet. Set the timer on the C4 to two minutes, wield it in my demomansy arms and charge into melee range with the mortarmen and beat their shit in.
(3) the God of Boom Boom requires a sacrifice. A noisy one. (5) which you provide. You run into the third mortar nest and beat the enemy bloody. There are screams, there are whimpers, there is the merry sound of bones breaking. there is the steady tick tick tick of an explosive device counting down. Gonna .... gonna just hang on to that then? It'll go off next round either way.

Squad Yoink

Unit Number: ynk004 Corporal Yavoviv  (platoon 6)
Inv: heavy-ass gun, pack, gum, helmet, stuff
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned" "kung fu priest" "ten yard stare" "Don't get in my way?"
Class: Assault gunner 

Dive after my gun, reload it if I haven't already, and then either make my way quickly back up the slope or take cover nearby, depending on how much we seem to be getting shot at. Thank Zii006 for cushioning my fall. Offer them a role within Squad Yoink. Assess situation.

If my gun is loaded and none of my beloved squadmates are in the way, resume the suppressive fire to buy us time to get back to the wall. Failing that, just go use my big-ass gun to brain some of the enemies Hat006 has incapacitated so helpfully.

One of the team is on top of the wall, chucking people off and roaring like a proper berserker. Another guy is crouched by the gate, taking potshots and ducking back from return fire,. A third is in the final mortar bunker, beating the living shit out of the enemy while wearing his ordinance like a true professional. Or a madman. The other two are down with you. looks like the only place you could do suppressing fire is over by the gate. (2)  it's a long walk over to the gate, so you just brain a couple guys and wait for anb opening to get up the wall.

Okay, screw reloading, climb up the slope and whack any Other GuysTM on the way up.
yo005 died last round. You are on Yo006. Gun loaded and everything.

(3) you manage to get to the top of the slope, but sadly, none of the guys flying past stay long enough for you to brain. Well, at least you're up here now. With an empty a full assault gun. Exposed. Surrounded by death. lovely. You have them right where they want you. And then a squadmate appears beside you, grinning. "Let's send them to hell to tell 'em we're on our way." He chuckles.

(I am fine with my class and rank)

protect the heavies while they climb the slope
(5) you follow Yo006 up the slope, stnad by his side, and assess the situation, while casually killing a couple of snipers aiming to put the heavy out of their misery. You make a dry, action hero quote about going to hell, and pick up half a cigar some big wig from The Other GuysTM conveniently dropped when he died a moment ago. Regulations be damned, you stick it in your mouth and take a puff. It tastes like ass.

squad Fish

Carry on playing dead, hoping that the Other Guys will finally leave me alone. If they do decide to shoot me again, attempt to unpin my frag grenade as a leaving present!
(1) welp, you are soooo dead. let's see if you at least take someone with you (1) -sigh- Sorry Egan.

This is Fine. I am perfectly okay with the events currently unfolding.
I am also dead. Very very dead and not at all living and about to blow you all up. I am being perfectly honest when I say that you should probably drag me into your HQ before leaving me perfectly alone on your corpsepile which happens to be right next to a major structural weakness in your base.
Or you could leave that's fine too.

(5) you lucky son of a [clone birthing vat series 3000 mark 4]. Fish is getting seriously shot up, and he somehow manages to pull the pin on a grenade, which he drops as he dies. The grenade rolls your way, and in a panic, you lash out, kicking it right through the fence, with milliseconds to spare. the surprised look on that guy's face is priceless, and very brief. You not only manage to blow up about four guys, you blow a quite usable hole in the fence as well.

Platoon 6 death rolls
Fish007 Burn fails to play dead, and is shot repeatedly. He dies pulling the pin on a grenade. And Vish remains in the lead for number of deaths.
Hat006 is finally gunned down, right before he meets his physical match in an enemy brawler. And I really wanted to see that mini battle.
Tigr003 takes a serious wound while brawling with an entire mortar squad.
Ynk004 gets hit by a grenade, and killed. his corpse is not pretty.

Instructions for next round

Everyone: It's gonna be a few minutes for the next part of the turn. please be patient

Platoon 6:Well, looks like next round will be it for the mortars. What's left is inside the enemy compound. the gate is open, there are two scree slopes you can climb as well. You have two artillary units to destroy (3 grenade hits will do), and a Command Bunker to secure. New people will arrive in a combat jeep with an assault gun mounted on top. Pick a driver, a gunner and a "shotgunner." I suggest Fish for driver, Ynk for gunner, and hat for shotgun.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 14, 2016, 09:28:49 pm »

Battle 2: Round 8 part B

Platoon 8

Save my companions with "Medicine" Then PURGE XENO SKUM
KH005 died last round. You are on KH006. (1) and you fail to aid anyone with your medicinal powers this round. too bad. (6) on the other hand, you purge an assload of xeno scumbugs. And by assload, I mean five. Five xeno bugs. You guys are mowing right through them. Almost halfway there. Well, you attract the attention of a small swarm of them, so be prepared for two death rolls this round.

Swap out the battery, try not to die
battery exchanged. Death? we'll see at the bottom of the round.

Invoke Khorne, run at the last exposed bug and bludgeon it to death. Offer its innards to the blood God.

I mean, rally the nearby troopers. Fire and advance at the exposed bug as a team.
(4) hey, look at that, you and a small group of fellow grunts manages to kill six bugs by shooting at them together. Well done.

How do classes work? Do I just pick from one of my unlocked classes after I die? Or do I have to wait until my 5th death still?
Also, what equipment does the grenadier, have?

I set my class to Grenadier, but I'll just change it back if I can't do that.

I have found my calling.
Explosives combined with strange poorly-thought-out plans.
Get yet another grenade while assuring the Sergeant I'll try not to do anything extremely stupid and/or idiotic. Chew gum a bit, and stick it to the grenade, and throw it into another swarm of support bugs and hope they like gum and that this isn't sugar-free gum.
Run away post-throwing before I get eaten alive by a swarm of insects.

((yes that's how classes work. You can switch to any unlocked class when starting a new character.))

(5) boy, those bugs sure do like that substitute artificial gum flavored chewing resin a lot. You get a flock of them swarming after the grenade. You explode nine of them, and don't even get any bug guts on you this time.

HC002 steps off the air-boat and crosses himself. Somewhere, a HC model clone has fallen.

Give my previous medic a dirty look, and then retrieve the late 'Sar' rak001's sword from the battlefield. Use it to slaughter Worms/Bugs
(1) you leer inappropriately at the medic and make a hole with your thumb and forefinger and pass your other forefinger in and out of it a few times before poking yourself in the eye. She rolls here eyes and moves on to the next blood spewing fool who hasn't had the good sense to die gloriously yet. (4) You don't get the sword, but you do get an earful from your sergeant. Grumbling, you follow his instructions and put the bayonet on the end of your rifle and kill three bugs with it.

Teleport back to the action using my previously latent mind powers. Start walking, if that fails.
(3) you squint really hard, but your latent powers completely fail to activate. So you sigh and head back on foot. Good news is, in the interest of not making this super boring, I'm letting you arrive next round.

Get underground and bring the fight to that yellow bellied worm.
(6) you dive right in and chase throug hthe tunnels like a mole looking for crack. A crack addicted mole. You laugh at the image, and the walls echo oyur laughter. It's a rumbly sort of laugh.  A"something big is coming this way very quickly" sort of laugh. You stop laughing. the walls do not. Uh oh.

Platoon 8 death rolls
Sn001's rash spreads. it now covers about a tenth of his body. So record it like this: minor wound: rash [10% coverage]
AIG001 gets stung repeatedly by some vengeful wasp monsters. He is maimed. Pick a limb to lose the function of. You're better off than some of the guys you teamed with to shoot the bugs, at least. that one dude's genital swelled up like a balloon. He's gonna be called beach ball nut if he survives.
HC002 gains a minor wound: black eye from poking himself wile making a lewd gesture at a hot nurse
Bo003 gains a minor wound: massive headache from attempting to gain super powers in the hot desert, without any water.
JAg005 gets maimed again when part of the tunnel collapses on him as a worm approaches. Better make the next round memorable, jag.

Instructions for next round

Platoon 8: You have 2 worms to kill (1 currently underground), and 56 support bugs at this point. I know, I know, support bugs are OP, and sooooo cliche. But, why mess with the classics, eh? Newbies just jump on in!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 14, 2016, 09:47:10 pm »

"You got it buddy."

Walk foward, spewing bullets at the largest group of those Other GuysTM.

((Ozarck, do you want our information being in a spoiler or without it?))
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 14, 2016, 10:09:23 pm »

((wow i am not dead))

Spoiler: OcE004 (click to show/hide)

K/D ratio greater than one! Woo!

Fucking run into the base, find somewhere to hide.

I forgot to add bleeding last time. I shall punish myself by assuming that it ticked up last turn.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:42:52 am by Egan_BW »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:00 pm »

(I didnt die)

Patch up AIG001
Get your ass up maggot we've got a war to win
then he can assist me in PURGING XENOS

(edit to be more in character)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 07:01:05 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 14, 2016, 11:20:34 pm »

Find a medic to treat this rash. Kill some bugs along the way.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »

(4) hey, look at that, you and a small group of fellow grunts manages to kill six bugs by shooting at them together. Well done.

AIG001 gets stung repeatedly by some vengeful wasp monsters. He is maimed. Pick a limb to lose the function of. You're better off than some of the guys you teamed with to shoot the bugs, at least. that one dude's genital

Take maiming wound in Torso.

Yell at nearby troopers to give EVERYTHING THEY'VE GOT!

Use gum on my stings to make em feel better until medic comes or let KH006 patch me up if he gets here.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:58:02 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 15, 2016, 02:40:18 am »

Guuuuyys.
What equipment does the grenadier get?

EDIT: I edited my inventory to include the grenadier inventory as stated by vishdafish minus the grenade I used earlier. I hope that's okay?

MORE STRANGE AND POORLY-THOUGHT-OUT PLANS! MORE!
Be thankful that I didn't die as a result of my plan this time. Find freshest corpse, pick up, put frag grenade inside, take pin, throw body towards closest swarm of support bugs, then run like hell.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:23:25 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 15, 2016, 05:31:21 am »

((Grenadier gets backpack, gum, body armor, gun, 5 frag, 1 emp, 1 incendiary))

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 15, 2016, 06:51:39 am »

Provide Yo006 with coverage fire
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 15, 2016, 10:12:15 am »

As the worm tunnels towards me dive into its mouth and start killing it from the inside. While laughing like a madman. I mean if it digs like an earthworm it's gotta open its mouth when it tunnels.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 15, 2016, 12:58:05 pm »

Request a grenade, and then hurl it at the nearest worm.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 15, 2016, 01:53:51 pm »

Stick to that wall, and return fire!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 15, 2016, 02:26:08 pm »

((not quite what i meant by dirty look, but thems the breaks.))

Do the worms have eyes? If so, stab them in the eyes. If not, Shoot open a hole in the worm big enough to get a grenade in.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 15, 2016, 03:53:56 pm »

I get to live! Gloriously jump out of the way of the explosion and try not to die.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70