Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132801 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2016, 07:46:09 pm »

((Ocean is my name in ER IRC, which you would know if you hung out more.  :'())

((No it's not, you rhombus.))

((Quiet afore I crush you under my weight, AM.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2016, 09:52:46 am »

No post today. Shift change

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2016, 11:12:31 am »

((Ah, being Wiley'd is never fun. My sympathies.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2016, 11:21:48 am »

((Ah, being Wiley'd is never fun. My sympathies.))
lol, I was thinking that was more you guys, all stopping at the break whistle to sit and have tea with the enemy, until you get back on the clock. I have company, so I can't spend an hour writing up a post.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2016, 10:38:02 am »

Turn Eight: The Impossible Takes a Little Longer

Platoon 3

unit number po002
Inv: Helmet, military back pack,chewed gum,gun.
invent a new weapon on the battlefield
please include your platoon number after your unit - it's how I organize the rounds. Thanks!
(6) You tape two lasers together and wire their power packs to each other. it's a double barrel laser! It gets a +1 to hit, and a 1/3 chance to explode in your hands. You get a character point: crafty.

Unit Number: Su002; Platoon 3
Inventory: Helmet, Backpack, Gun, Gum

"What a day... What a lovely day!!"

Charge a group of Other Guystm on the dune in front of my entrenched friend. If I have a bayonet, fix that sucker on my gun and stab at them. If not, well, just fuggin' shoot them.
Goddam. A bayonet. a charge. a simple, straightforward backup plan. You fuggin genius. You get a character point for this entire post: military genius: tactical
(6)You get into the nitty gritty and start stabbing like a mo fo. You gain a possession point (1/2) and a kill point (2/3) for victory. Your actions draw attention, and the squad gets one more shot coming at it.

Unit number: Rak001, Platoon: 3
Inventory: Gun. Military backpack. Gum. Helmet.
Status: Still Alive (Hopefully). Serious wound, minor wound (1/5)
Character Point: "Bruiser"

"Finally! Now we'll hack them dead! Onwards, to glory!"

Skillfully dispatch some of the remaining enemies in glorious melee.
(6) You kill another enemy, for the third of three. One more victory point! One to go and this dune is yours. the squad is getting one more shot fired at it this round for your exuberance though.

Unit number: Fish004
Inventory: military backpack. Gum. Helmet (in hand)
Character points: Gun 'Em Down

Charge towards the dune rak001 is holding. Throw my helmet at the Other Guys, hoping they will think its a grenade.

((Is an achievement different from a character point?))
((probably not. What was the achievement? gun em down? that would be the same thing.))
(4) you hit a guy with your helmet. He's stunned. One fewer shot coming your way. you gain a character point "everything is a weapon."

Unit Number: DrM002 (platoon3)
Inventory: Gun(jammed). Gun(broked). military backpack. Gum. Helmet.
Character Point- Psychological Warfare

Keep shootin' and "pew"tin'.
(6) You are beginning to believe your own press. One fewer shots coming your way, but you will refuse to exchange either weapon for a working one for two rounds.

Xan001 Platoon 3
Inventory: Gun, Backpack, Gum, Helmet
Status: Seriously Wounded, Still Alive So Still Shooting, Finally Atop The Right Dune

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU DUMB BASTARDS THINK YOU'LL TAKE THIS MEANINGLESS PATCH OF LAND FROM US?! NOT ON MY WATCH, SHRIMPDICKS! I AM THE HARBINGER OF YOUR DOOM!

Unjam gun! Lay down a full-auto field of death from my vantage point atop the dune!!
unjamming your gun takes a full round. For this battle only, I'll just have you drop it and pick up another. (4) you wound a guy. good one!

Death Rolls
six shots coming your way. one for each of you.
oooh a rough round for platoon three.
Po002, Su002, and Fish004 all die. Fish, one more death and you will unlock a new character class.
DrM002 gets a serious wound. No bleedout.
The other two are unharmed. holy shit, Sarrak.

Platoon 4(+1)

Unit Number: ynk002 (platoon 4)
Inv: gun (out of ammo), pack, gum, KH001's helmet
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned"

Say a prayer for the slain Jag003 whilst closing their eyes. Maybe even a bit of a eulogy if I can think of anything.
Attempt to inspire the platoon with my righteous courage as I reload my gun and proceed to the nest.

(5) the next player gets a +1 to their action roll. You reload, but don't quite get to within throwing distance from your target.

Designation: Blaze003 platoon 4
Inventory:gun, military backpack, gum, helmet.
Character points:

Charge the nest.
(6) you make it inside the nest. 2 of 5 are in the nest! One more shot coming your way. One fewer shot, thanks to ynk002's inspiration!

Unit number: KH002 Platoon 4
inventory Gun, medic bag, gum, helmet
Status Seriously wounded
Location reinforcements

Sarge pass a nade its time to cook some guns
Charge into throwing range of the bunker Firing at the Other Guy
(4) you get within throwing range (5) and you kill a guy! The sarge hands you a grenade wordlessly. 9/10 nades left

Zii002 ,platoon4
inventory: gun, helmet, gum, backpack.

Shoot the machine gun nest in this condition you will not make it inside but can provide coverage
(4) you wound a guy, and reduce incoming fire by one.

Unit Number: CR001, platoon 1 (I shall not be annexed into 4!)
Name: Frank
Inventory: Gun, Military backpack, chewed gum, helmet (-1 Hemostatic Powder)

CR001 requests a grenade with which to destroy The Other Guys. If such request is granted, he charges the nest, flings his grenade, and dives back into cover.
You receive a grenade. 8/10 left. (3) (4) you don't quite get close enough for it to be a sure shot, but you try anyway. the grenade lands to the side a bit and goes off. You wound a guy and reduce incoming fire by 2. (2) you don't quite make it to anything like cover this round.

Unit number: Yo001 Platoon 4 Out
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.
         Seriously wounded

Fuck this, start digging a hole with my helmet to hid in.
((you can eliminate the word 'out' from your description. at this point I am assuming everyone is out.))
(5) You start to use your helmet as a spade, and Sergeant Oz002 bitchslaps you upside the head. "use your spade you ignorant monkey tit!" You end up getting a god little foxhole to shoot from. +1 vs incoming fire. record that, so that as long as this character is alive and remains in the hole, you can take advantage of it. I will forget if you don't remind me. And if I forget, well, that's the vagary of war.

Unit number: Bo002 Platoon: 4.

I drop to the ground behind cover and try to stabilize my wounds.
(4) +1 vs incoming fire this round (one roll) (2) -facepalm- you only need to stabilize if I give you a bleedout or other status counter. In your panic, you open the wound a little, and gain said counter. 0/3 bleedout.

Unit number: Jag004 [platoon 4]
Name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares.
Inventory: gun, military backpack. Gum

Find cover.
(6) you find a good chunk of sand dune to hide behind. The top is glassed a bit, which is neat. Thedune kinda collapses on you though, trapping you. So that's less neat. You'll get a +2 against incoming fire as long as you are trapped there, but you gain a suffocation counter at 0/5 this requires a dig out (0/3)action. You'll have to roll a 5 to succeed in getting a digout point. someone else will only need to roll 4-6 for the same.

Death Rolls
12 shots coming at you (machine nest static fire rate) -4 from player actions. 8 rolls.
Zii002 dies.
Yo001 and Blaze003 are maimed. Bleedout of 0/3 for each
Bo002 recieves a second serious wound, no additional bleedout.
Jag is saved from a maiming by his predicament, but receives a minor wound instead.
Everyone else is fine.

Platoon 5

Unit number: Hat002 (platoon 5)

Keep pouring suppressive fire onto that defensive post.
(1) weapon overheats. Needs one turn cooldown.

Designation: AM003 Platoon: 5
Name: ?
Inventory: Gun. Military backpack. Gum. Helmet. Grenade.
Character points: ?

Lob the grenade at defensive point 1 and don't die.
(6) you take out the defensive point! Ding! Two fewer incoming shots this round.

overcharge laser gun to point of explosion, use gum to pin trigger down, lob at defensive postion.

Unit number: Ner002
serious wound: bleed out 1/5
... you want to overload it and throw it while it fires? you gionna kill yourself! Seriously, you'll take an attack roll from your own weapon this round. Also, firing reduces the charge, so it may or may not explode. For the throw (4) the gun arcs lazily towardthe defensive point and lands in the sand next to it. For the shot (2) you get maimed by your own weapon. Bleedout is at 2/5. For the explosion (5) You damage the second defensive point/ It won't need a grenade to fully destroy, just some incoming laser fire. Good job .. Kinda.

((Ocean is my name in ER IRC, which you would know if you hung out more.  :'())

Unit number: OcE001, Platoon 5

Get a grenade, and get into throwing distance of one of the defencive positions.
(6) youtake your grenade and run toward the position, taking fire from Ner002s thrown weapon (2) and getting maimed in the process.(1) Bleedout is 3/5. Yeouch. You can still lob the nade next round, with a high chance of success. If you don't die ot enemy fire this round.

Attach self to cover, fire at any Other GuyTM without the senses to do the same.

Unit number: Zr02, platoon 5
(3) you get some minor cover. It's not much, but will give you a one time +1 against incoming fire. (5) you do kill a guy! and take one fewer incomingshots this round, which is good, considering that friendly fire is now an issue. You guys beat Platoon 4 to that benchmark.

Death Rolls
Okay, the machine gun nest puts out 12 attacks per round, and this is a bigger target, so you are getting a standard of 15 to start. hwoever, one defensive point is down, so that gives a -2, and another is damaged for a -1, and another -1 due to player kills. So 11 shots for the five of you.
Oh wow. Everyone but Hat002 dies outright, and he takes two serious wounds and a maiming ... which is enough to kill him as well. Total Platoon Kill!

Instructions for next round

Platoon 3Almost there! You need one more victory point.In fact, you only need one more possession point to get it. If doc gets up there, you win. If the two of you already on there survive the round, you win.

Platoon 42 of 5 characters are in the nest. Get three more in there, and the two of you that are in there, kill! (hint, grenading your own position counts for this. You'll die, but you'll get the point)

New characters You start in a Brick. Vote via pm for "landed" or "in the air." in the air, you will take one round of antiBrick fire, and could lose your character before you can do anything. this is fine, as it gets your character count up, one step closer to having a new class or even a name! But, since some don't like the insta-death mechanic, if you want the Brick on the ground instead, that's fine.

Now, you will be Platoon 6. Your objective will be the antiBrick weapon. the one that just wiped out a platoon. Hopefully there will be more than five of you attacking it this time, or you will likely suffer the same fate. Good news is it is down a defensive point and a half. bad news is you have to exit the brick and get close enough to do anything. first round, if you are on the ground, should be "advance and fire!" But, play your characters as you see fit.

Questions? Pm me with them so we don't clutter the thread.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2016, 10:50:30 am »

Unit Number: Su003 Platoon 6
Inventory: Helmet, Backpack, Gun, Gum
Character points: Military Genius: Tactical

((In the event of Brick #6 dropping)) Tuck my head in-between my knees.

((If we're already landed)) Inform the higher-ups that I'm going to reinforce Platoon 3 on the dune. Then do so.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2016, 11:07:14 am »

Unit number: Ner003

apply lasers to anti-brick weapon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:25:16 am by HugeNerdAndProudOfIt »
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2016, 11:09:04 am »

Unit number: Fish005, platoon 6
Inventory: military backpack. Gum. Helmet. Gun.
Character points: Gun 'Em Down, everything is a weapon.

((If brick drops, pray to God.))

((If we start landed, fire at The Other Guys (if I can).))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2016, 11:20:32 am »

Unit number: Jag004 [platoon 4]
Name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares.
Inventory: gun, military backpack. Gum
Minor wound: 0/5
suffocation: 0/5
dig out 0/3
At least it's pretty cozy.
Start digging.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:26:26 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2016, 11:24:45 am »

Unit number: Rak001, Platoon: 3
Inventory: Gun. Military backpack. Gum. Helmet.
Status: Still Alive (Miraculously). Serious wound, minor wound (1/5)
Character Point: "Bruiser"

"Doc! Get over here! Bastards won't come into melee range if you don't!"

If no enemies are currently on the dune itself - entrench further. Else - charge in to kill more!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2016, 12:01:56 pm »

Unit Number: DrM002 (platoon3)
Inventory: Gun. Gun(broked). military backpack. Gum. Helmet.
Character Point- Psychological Warfare

((whoops, that first gun shouldn't have been marked as jammed. Rectified.))

Shoot 'n' pew't my way to the objective, all the while expressing my newfound confidence by screaming a rousing rallying cry.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2016, 01:03:42 pm »

So is the objective to die as many times as possible? Because... I'm kinda not doing that.

Unit Number: CR001, platoon 1 (I shall not be annexed into 4!)
Name: Frank
Inventory: Gun, Military backpack, chewed gum, helmet (-1 Hemostatic Powder)

CR001 charges towards the machine gun nest, flings himself through the window, and immediately begins firing at his foes.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2016, 01:21:05 pm »

Dying is one way of leveling up. Surviving is another. Killing the Other Guy is the preferred way. Though, to be honest, I've kinda lost track of who has killed who. But that's why I have Character Points. So I know who has done something noteworthy. Like affixing bayonets and charging the enemy, or holding a dune all by himself or stuff like that.

The idea behind leveling throgh dying is to keep loyal players from having to restart at zero every time. when you've died five times, you get a new set of characters to chose from. But, if you've already unlocked a character by doing something badass, that characte is available immediately.

So, yeah, trying to survive is fine. That's part of war too, after all.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2016, 01:52:50 pm »

Designation: AM004 Platoon: 6
Name: ?
Inventory: Gun. Military backpack. Gum. Helmet. Grenade.
Character points: ?

Advance and fire! Regardless where we are!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2016, 02:00:52 pm »

Unit number: Yo002 Platoon 6

Shoot at the first enemy I see.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70