Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132774 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2016, 10:33:13 pm »

Xan001, Platoon 3
Inventory: Standard shit
Status: Serious Wound, Enraged At Still Being On The Wrong Fucking Dune

WE GO TO AID OUR VALOROUS COMRADE! CHAAAAAAAAAAARRRGE! SARGE, GIMME A 'NADE!

Request grenade from sarge, engage in glorious charge toward Objective Dune, shooting at the enemy all the way. Use Grenade on concentrations of Other Guys.

((I'm enjoying being a blood-mad maniac likely destined to die very soon!))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:32:48 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2016, 10:45:30 pm »

Charge the MG nest

Unit number: Jag003 [platoon 4]
Name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares.
Inventory: gun, military backpack. Gum

((I'm personally really enjoying this game.))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2016, 12:18:21 am »

Unit number: Rak001
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. Helmet.
Status: Still Alive (Really?). Serious wound, minor wound (1/5)

Feh. This is a mere flesh wounds. Kill some more enemies!

((Can I take another gun and fire from both simultaneously? Or just switch in case one jams?))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:24:18 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2016, 12:52:42 am »

Fish004, platoon3
inventory: gun, helmet, gum, backpack

Drop my gun, and charge the dune using my helmet as a shield/club.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2016, 02:45:47 am »

Unit number: AM003 (platoon 5)

Objective: Take out an Anti-Brick weapon.
Ask sarge for a grenade and advance towards objective.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

blazing glory

« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2016, 02:53:06 am »

Unit number: Blaze002 (platoon4?)
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. (storm trooper)Helmet.

Inspect my military backpack for loot.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2016, 10:03:59 am »

Unit number: Hat002 (platoon 5)

Provide covering fire as AM003 advances.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2016, 10:34:09 am »

Unit number: OcE001, Platoon 5

Set gun to semi-auto. Procure scope from backpack, attach to gun.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2016, 06:40:17 am »

Turn Seven: Moar Shooting

Instructions for following round are found at the bottom of the current round. read them and post accordingly. I can't keep track of you all individually turn to turn.
also, next week, my update schedule will be changing noticably, as I will be working first shift. so, evenings, and probably only every other day.

Platoon 3

Unit Number: DrM002 (platoon3)
Inventory: Gun(jammed). Gun(broked). military backpack. Gum. Helmet.

Charge the objective while firing both guns, compensating for the brokenness of the second one by making loud "krakow. shkow! pting!" noises with my mouth.
Before I even roll, you get a character point in "psychological warfare." keep track of that, because i will forget.
(2) Your actual shot doesn't hit anything. (4) You make a guy freeze in fear for a moment. nice. one fewer shots coming your way.

Unit Number: Su002, Platoon 3
Inventory: Backpack, Helmet, Gun, Gum

"I am awaited in Valhalla! WITNESS ME!!"

Charge at the Other Guytm on the dunes in an old fashioned Banzai Charge.
(5) finally, a second person arrives at the dune in question. Your team takes two fewer shots this round. Yo need one more person on the dune for a victory point (besides Rak, who has been holding it on his own for two turns)

Xan001, Platoon 3
Inventory: Standard shit
Status: Serious Wound, Enraged At Still Being On The Wrong Fucking Dune

WE GO TO AID OUR VALOROUS COMRADE! CHAAAAAAAAAAARRRGE! SARGE, GIMME A 'NADE!

Request grenade from sarge, engage in glorious charge toward Objective Dune, shooting at the enemy all the way. Use Grenade on concentrations of Other Guys.

((I'm enjoying being a blood-mad maniac likely destined to die very soon!))
Oz004 hands you a grenade, tears in his eyes. "Go get 'em, you bastard." Your weapon jams as you run (6) but you make it into the group of enemies that Rak is fighting. a victory pint for Platoon 3 that's 3 of 5
 (3) you chuck the grenade beyond the group. it explodes, making a few of them duck. one fewer shot coming your way this round

Fish004, platoon3
inventory: gun, helmet, gum, backpack

Drop my gun, and charge the dune using my helmet as a shield/club.

you fool. you what? (3) you charge the dune, making it to the base, but no further.

EXPLODE
I'm not even going to respond to these anymore. no unit number, no platoon number, no status. I have no clue who or where you are. also, if you want to die each turn (to increase the speed of getting to a real character) you'll need to charge into enemy fire, or swallow a grenade, or be all "defend x from enemy bullets" or something. I'm fine with meatshields, but autoterminating won't get you very far.

Unit number: Rak001
Status: Still Alive (Really?). Serious wound, minor wound (1/5)

Feh. This is a mere flesh wounds. Kill some more enemies!

((Can I take another gun and fire from both simultaneously? Or just switch in case one jams?))
Put your platoon number next to your designation, please. and you can take guns from the dead. there are lots of dead lying around so you can get them easily. Except that you are in melee range combat and don't have time. You can carry two, but can only fire one each round.

(2) you continue swinging your weapon at the enemy, but they are beginning to react to you. at least you have reinforcements now. Are you keeping track of that character point I gave you? I won't remember, I promise.

Death rolls plat 3
two shots come your way, and neither connect.
You have 3 victory points.
you have 1 of 3 kills for another victory point. you have 0/2 people on the dune for another victory point.
you have 9 grenades left to your platoon.

Platoon 4 (and 1)
Target: machine gun nest. Three extra shots coming your way per round. require two successful grenade hits, or five people to get inside it, (with five kills after this point) to succeed.

Might as well run with this theme, I guess.

Unit Number: ynk002 (platoon 4)
Inv: gun, pack, gum, KH001's helmet

Lead the charge towards the machinegun nest, Firing from the hip and singing an inspiring battle hymn!
"FAITH IS OUR SHIELD! THE LAWD WILL PROTECT US!"   
are you keeping track of the character point I gave you? I will not remember, I promise.
(1) your gun runs out of ammo as you spray bullets into the sand in front of you. (1) You re seen more as crazy than as inspirational, this round.

Unit number: Bo002 Platoon: 4.

I try to drag Yo001 into cover behind a stout piece of wreckage nearby. If I succeed then I remove a dermal patch from Yo001's backpack and use it to stabilize Yo001.

You already got this one working as well as he's gonna be. Didn't you read your turn? I'll be merciful and give you a different fool to medicate this time, but next time I'm gonna laugh and make fun of you. For medic rolls, I will roll after the death rolls to patch someone up.

Unit Number: CR001, platoon 1 (I shall not be annexed into 4!)
Name: Frank
Inventory: Gun, Military backpack, chewed gum, helmet (-1 Hemostatic Powder)

Frank requests a grenade, so that he may lob it in the MG nest and enable further progress. He then rushes forward, from bit of cover to bit of cover, and hurls that grenade into the MG nest.

"Who the fuck is Frank? Denied, soldier!" Boy, that sergeant is an ass. (2) meanwhile, shooting with your regular weapon yields no results either.

Unit number: Yo001 Platoon 4 Out
         Seriously wounded

Shoot more at the Other Guystm.

(3) you made them duck. One fewer shots coming your way.

Unit number:KH002
inventory Gun, medic bag, gum, helmet
Status Seriously wounded
Location reinforcements
Platoon 4

move forward into cover firing to make the Other Guytm duck
(3) one fewer shots coming your way!

Zii002 ,platoon4
inventory: gun, helmet, gum, backpack.

Run towards the Machine Gun nest before it start firing back
before? where do you think all those bullets are coming from? (4) You get within throwing range of the nest. You could even run into the nest next turn, but will take three shots yourself doing so. (if you live through the death rolls)

Charge the MG nest

Unit number: Jag003 [platoon 4]
Name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares.
Inventory: gun, military backpack. Gum

((I'm personally really enjoying this game.))
((quite glad you like it!))
(5) you get right up into the nest. you will have three shots coming your way this round (but one fewer for the squad total(. If you live, you will gain one victory point toward silencing the gun.

Squads 4 and 1 death rolls.
3 shots at Jag003 - he takes two maimings, which is enough to kill him. Good work though, soldier.
4 shots at the rest of you
CR001 is maimed (bringing his wound status to (serious wound (stabilized), maimed.))
Bo002 and Zii002 each get a serious wound. Cr001 is stabilized by Bo002, bringing his wounds to (serious wound (stabilized), maimed(stabilized).))

Platoon 5: Suicide squad
Objective: Take out an AntiBrick weapon.
You guys are insane. 1.5 times the incoming fire. You'll need to grenade 3 defensive positions, and then place 3 explosives on the weapon itself. Success is buy no means guaranteed, but will earn any survivors an automatic character up. possible new classes are sniper, grenadier, demoman. Others are also possible upo0n request, but I may say no, because some are prestige levels.

Your commanding officer is Lieutenant Oz005. His second in command is Sergeant Oz006.

Spray & Pray.

Unit number: Ner002
(2) your spray is inneffective (4) your prayer gets you a +1 against one death roll this round.

Action: Don't get maimed in the landing.

Unit number: Zr02, platoon 5(?)
(5) oooookay. Like, you literally had a maiming shot come at you this round, and you avoided it. good job. That was lucky. But you were already on the ground. pay attention tothe instructions at the bottom of the posts.

Unit number: AM003 (platoon 5)

Ask sarge for a grenade and advance towards objective.
you get a grenade and get to within throwing distance of one of the defensive points.

Unit number: Blaze002 (platoon4?)
Inventory: Gun. military backpack. Gum. (storm trooper)Helmet.

Inspect my military backpack for loot.
sergeant Oz006 bitchslaps you for dawdling. "Quit navel gazing, soldier!" You have MREs, cooking gear, spare socks, ammo, first aid stuff, and gum in there. Nothing you didn't put in there yourself right before the operation. standard military fare. Boring as fuck. Much less interesting than the bullets flying around. Oh and lasers. I almost forgot this was a sci fi thingum.

Unit number: Hat002 (platoon 5)

Provide covering fire as AM003 advances.
(4) You protect AM003 from one incoming shot, and the team at large from one more.

Unit number: OcE001, Platoon 5

Set gun to semi-auto. Procure scope from backpack, attach to gun.
What do you think you re? a sniper? you get the standard holographic, laser guided gun sight, like all the other grunts. You want to be a sniper, you gotta make some kills.
Semi-auto is the standard setting, so you're good to go there. also, explain your designation, please

Platoon 5 death rolls
you have 7 rolls coming your way.
Blaze002 dies, spraying blood all over Sergeant Oz006
AM003 gets maimed this round. (0/3 bleedout)
Ner002 takes a serious wound (1/5 bleedout)
Zr02 and OcE001 take minor wounds.

Instructions for next round
1)please remember to identify yourself. I will be updating the character sheet in the OP in a moment. the format is:
designation: abc001 platoon: x
name: Shut up you sod. No one asked. No one cares. (this line may be omitted. none of you have earned names yet, according to the sergeants and officers)
inventory:gun, military backpack, gum, helmet (anything I allow you to add to the list goes here) if you lose your helmet or something, it needs noted
status:very important. list wounds, maimings, bleedout and other conditions
character points: if you have 'em, record 'em. these carry over, character to character

2) newcomers this round will be on the ground, and will be absorbed by the platoon of your choice. only two died (ridiculous!), so not worth a new platoon.

victory points
Platoon 3 has 3, needs 2 more and can get those by either putting two people on the dune per point, or by killing three enemies per point. they have 1/3 enemies killed currently.
Platoon 4 has 0. You need 2 successful grenade hits (rolls of 5 only), or to have 5 people in the nest, and to kill five people in the nest from within. currently, you have one person in the nest, and he is the only one whose kills will count toward the five here. Other kills are of other enemies.
Platoon 5 has 0. You need to hit three defensive points with a grenade each, and then set three explosives on the weapon itself, and trigger them together. The amount of incoming fire may change to a static number (12 maybe) instead of one based on your platoon size.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2016, 06:56:32 am »

Unit Number: ynk002 (platoon 4)
Inv: gun (out of ammo), pack, gum, KH001's helmet
Character Points: "chaplain of the damned"

Say a prayer for the slain Jag003 whilst closing their eyes. Maybe even a bit of a eulogy if I can think of anything.
Attempt to inspire the platoon with my righteous courage as I reload my gun and proceed to the nest.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
  • I hope I win the big cash.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2016, 06:59:16 am »

unit number po002
Inv: Helmet, military back pack,chewed gum,gun.

invent a new weapon on the battlefield

blazing glory

« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2016, 07:07:19 am »

Designation: Blaze003 platoon 4
Inventory:gun, military backpack, gum, helmet.
Character points:

Charge the nest.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2016, 07:29:20 am »

Unit number: Fish004
Inventory: military backpack. Gum. Helmet (in hand)
Character points: Gun 'Em Down

Charge towards the dune rak001 is holding. Throw my helmet at the Other Guys, hoping they will think its a grenade.

((Is an achievement different from a character point?))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:33:56 am by vishdafish »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2016, 07:33:04 am »

Unit number: KH002 Platoon 4
inventory Gun, medic bag, gum, helmet
Status Seriously wounded
Location reinforcements

Sarge pass a nade its time to cook some guns
Charge into throwing range of the bunker Firing at the Other Guy
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2016, 07:37:03 am »

Zii002 ,platoon4
inventory: gun, helmet, gum, backpack.

Shoot the machine gun nest in this condition you will not make it inside but can provide coverage
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70