It is more Grindtastic then a MMO! Yes
- 8 (8.9%)
They LIED TO ME! Yes
- 8 (8.9%)
I am a banana, no!
- 56 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Who here would refund their No Man's Sky?  (Read 11850 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who here would refund their No Man's Sky?
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2016, 04:04:40 pm »

Ugh... I just realized...

Spore is better than No Man's Sky... >_<... Like in nearly every way.

How did that happen?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:08:11 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2016, 04:09:51 pm »

Lol refund rejected because >2 hours. Time to protest. It's not even like I asked for a card refund, I said Steam wallet, so they're not out anything.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2016, 04:29:35 pm »

Lol refund rejected because >2 hours. Time to protest. It's not even like I asked for a card refund, I said Steam wallet, so they're not out anything.

I never sent a refund request it is above and beyond what they would do.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2016, 04:37:44 pm »

Still no idea why the "I want a refund" people bought it in the first place
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2016, 04:40:10 pm »

Antioch: The OP says "Who here would refund their No Man's Sky? Or would if they bought it."

I didn't buy it, still voted that I would have refunded.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2016, 04:44:52 pm »

I didn't buy it, still voted that I would have refunded.

Such an informed opinion!  :P

NMS is a trap, though. You need like 10-20h to realize how bad it all is, and then you simply can't refund it anymore.
My girlfriend had 3h playtime but still got a (very fast) refund.

Oh..and there's still weirdos that wouldn't refund it anyways. Guess I'm the only one.
I'm the ultimate space hipster. Give me space, take my money.

EDIT: Just realized 40+ people wouldn't refund it too, on the pool. Damn it, I NEED TO BE UNIQUE.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:47:29 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2016, 05:33:04 pm »

NMS is a trap, though. You need like 10-20h to realize how bad it all is, and then you simply can't refund it anymore.

Basically.

No Man's Sky presents itself as a "Long haul" where you need to put a lot of time into it to unlock and access the better parts of the game.

Yet 10-20 hours into it you discover! Nope! there IS no "good part" of the game. The slow tutorial section you been playing? It is the entire dang game.

It never opens up, never improves, never adds any real variety, and it doesn't reward you for playing the game.

Heck Flying Dice inadvertently gave away that you need 0-upgrades. The Grind IS pointless, or it would be if the grind wasn't 99% of the game's content (and you had psychic powers, luck, or read a guide that let you skip the grind)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:40:52 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2016, 06:11:21 pm »

Still no idea why the "I want a refund" people bought it in the first place
Because one specific Sean quote I hadn't seen before was so blisteringly idiotic that it sent me into a fit of apoplectic rage.

Whether I enjoy the game is meaningless because I can't consciously allow myself to give money to someone who unironically said something like that.

3. Run Resize Enable

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2016, 06:44:41 pm »

Basically.

No Man's Sky presents itself as a "Long haul" where you need to put a lot of time into it to unlock and access the better parts of the game.

Yet 10-20 hours into it you discover! Nope! there IS no "good part" of the game. The slow tutorial section you been playing? It is the entire dang game.

It never opens up, never improves, never adds any real variety, and it doesn't reward you for playing the game.

Heck Flying Dice inadvertently gave away that you need 0-upgrades. The Grind IS pointless, or it would be if the grind wasn't 99% of the game's content (and you had psychic powers, luck, or read a guide that let you skip the grind)

Exactly. What's even worse is that it feels they did planned it to be that way once they realized they had no time to complete it.

On the beggining of the game, the distress beacon with the Atlas question makes you think your choices have an impact. It only impacts wether the Atlas call onto you initially, or if you choose to find it later on. By not doing the Atlas path you miss on a ton of words and free tech for no reason, and you can just refuse it later anyway.
Unless when I get to the galatic core this changes something, which I doubt.. but please don't tell me what's there. I just have an arbitrary goal of reaching it. :P

Also, even though certain techs only gets easier to find after your 2nd or 3rd jump, a player still managed to get all the slots for tool/suit/ship on the first planet, and only said that better tech gets extremely rare after exploring the first planet too much (I've noticed that too). The lack of connection between journey and progression seems very silly to me. Some people might say otherwise, but come on..you can do everything on the first planet? Meh.

The extreme connection between what you have and what is offered to you also pisses me off to no end. I had a 25 slot ship, discovered a VERY idiotic trick of dismantling your tech so the NPC ships spawn with less tech and MUCH lower prices (42 slot ships for 23-24 million instead of 47 million [when I had fully upgraded hyperdrive and engines]), so I farmed some Cubes to get enough money for a ~42 slot ship...except the game would only VERY rarely spawn 39-40 slot ships, because I had a 25 slot one.
To test that, once I got a 40-slot ship I saved and reloaded on the same station, and suddenly a bunch of 35, 40, and 48 slot ships became the norm.

I understand that you have to limit the player, so he doesn't find a 48-slot crashed ship for free on his first or second planet (crashed ship logic actually feels even more stupid to me)...but this is too lame. You could do this SO much better in SO many different ways.
It doesn't feel like an AAA-priced, 3+ year project. When it comes to actual gameplay and game design - forgetting about all the procgen and mathematics - it feels like a college project.

I'll keep playing it until I finish it, their new patch will make the game much less annoying to me on the technical side, but I'm full aware of all the stupidity.
To be honest, I've been obsessed with sandbox games for far too long. So when I saw the trailers for NMS, I thought "I'm getting too old for this shit. This space game will be the last one that I'll let the hype and atmosphere turn me into a kid again. And then I'll work on dropping my obsession and making games less of a priority in my life" - and then they pull a Spore 2 on me. Gawd dammit.
(But, hey..I finished Spore 3 times along the years and I don't usually replay games..at all)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:48:01 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2016, 06:59:01 pm »

Wait wait, "inadvertently"? Rofl Neo I was pounding that point as hard as I could in the hope that you would actually read and remember it.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2016, 07:12:47 pm »

Yeah the particle effects quote was so stupidly obvious they smoke crack.
I like how all advertising footage is of an older pre rendered build... watch dogs anyone?
Gotta love toady for actually being communicative.
Should be a thread where you can ask him any questions but he can only answer the last post
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2016, 07:18:12 pm »

I think that they weren't near ready for a release but Sony was pushing hard for it. Pretty much everything shows signs of heavy last-minute cuts and incomplete features.

3. Run Resize Enable

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2016, 07:29:08 pm »

Well my friend gifted the game to me anyway, even though I told him to save his 60 dollars. Guess an early birthday gift lol. Can't complain too much for a free gifted game. He plays it on his playstation and ever since it launched he talks about it non-stop. Even with its issues and all the cut features, he said its a perfect game for explorers and to relax with. And that is what I saw in my demo. Very relaxing and awesome exploration.

Sadly, I had to restart my game from my demo version. But the world I started on is a lot better anyway. And I'm taking my time more. Blue sky, lots of trees and pretty cool vistas.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:37:37 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2016, 10:02:48 pm »

I think that they weren't near ready for a release but Sony was pushing hard for it. Pretty much everything shows signs of heavy last-minute cuts and incomplete features.
*Grumbles about freakin peasants ruining gaming*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2016, 10:13:10 pm »

*Grumbles about freakin peasants ruining gaming*

Ehhh it is a paradigm shift.

"Gamers" are not the primary market. We are secondary

Casual Gamers aren't guilty of anything but liking videogames :P and as I've said their tastes will evolve in time.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:46:01 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10