It is more Grindtastic then a MMO! Yes
- 8 (8.9%)
They LIED TO ME! Yes
- 8 (8.9%)
I am a banana, no!
- 56 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Who here would refund their No Man's Sky?  (Read 11835 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Who here would refund their No Man's Sky?
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2016, 03:15:13 pm »

Lemonwizard will live on, i see
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2016, 03:16:17 pm »

My new game Sky Citizen will contain a complete simulation of the entire universe. You will be able to do literally anything in it. Please support my kickstarter

Don't see why you'd pay for that that, since something like that already exists for free.

This zombo... it is malware?

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2016, 03:26:27 pm »

I wouldn't refund, but my girlfriend did.  :P
Unfortunately it's way right up my alley - but they did lie and cut a lot of stuff off. They probably needed like 2 years to deliver all things they promised in interviews and demos.
The game is also absurdly overpriced for what it is, and Sean talking about the possibility of paid DLCs already piss me off. I really identified with him for these past 3 years, and I fell more in love with the project than with the idea of the game itself. Felt like a project I'd start or be a part of.
But dang, my guess is they desperately tried to accomplish whatever they signed with Sony.

And people who follow the NMS thread know I was being very supportive and positive (albeit cautious, because we all know Spore) before release, and even though the game only met the lowest of my expectations, I was expecting much more from the team when it comes to the technical side of things. They revealing that you needed OpenGL 4.5 ON THE RELEASE DAY made the game unplayable for me. I'm also pretty sure the minimum AMD card spec was only published on release day, too.

People who can only praise the game probably didn't play as much as I did, didn't jump as much as I did, didn't bypass chip the hell out of a whole planet as I did. Once you do that, it's clear that it feels like an extended tech demo - that the true meat of the game (described on the link I posted previously) was left out of it because..reasons.

There you go. This is a quick-'review' by a non-hater, non-crusader, non-blind-fanboy. I just wanted it to be successful because I love space and space games. I also loved the idea of a small team accomplishing such a daunting task, against all odds.
Still, I didn't refund it because I only know 2 or 3 similar games, and I already played the hell out of them. I just hope they use my money to make fixes and add free content - otherwise I doubt I'll be buying games from them again.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:28:52 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2016, 04:32:34 pm »

Wait, where was he talking about paid DLC? He confirmed pretty recently that all updates to the game would be free.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2016, 05:41:19 pm »

FD: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/16/paid-dlc-possible-for-no-mans-sky

Yeah but how do we know that was REALLY the developer?

I mean any hater can dress as him, sound like him, disguise themselves as him, and steal his identity...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2016, 06:03:23 pm »

Oh joy. Still, from the sound of it, it's more in the sense of stuff in line with old-fashioned expansions, considering what they're already planning on adding in free patches.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2016, 06:36:58 pm »

My new game Sky Citizen will contain a complete simulation of the entire universe. You will be able to do literally anything in it. Please support my kickstarter
I actually think such a game could be possible. Here's how I think it can work:

1) Your coordinate in the universe should serve as the seed that is used to generate the galaxy/solar system/planet that you're currently in. So, no matter where you are, we can generate a random entity for you to be on.
2) We program in a text parser that will accept arbitrary input and gives a random response. This way, you can do anything and get an illusion that what you're doing actually matters.

>dance
You dance. The Gek is impressed by your action and gives you 10 gold.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2016, 08:28:30 pm »

Oh joy. Still, from the sound of it, it's more in the sense of stuff in line with old-fashioned expansions, considering what they're already planning on adding in free patches.

Well...he mentions adding 'big' features (depending on implementation) like Building and Fleet Management, and all of a sudden starts commenting about how some features cannot be added without charging for it?

This is like the Elite Dangerous Horizons bullshit. It may have been told from day one that landing on planets was supposed to be an expansion, but somehow I didn't get that memo, and it feels like bullshit anyways.
The difference with NMS is that charging for Base Building, for instance, would be more acceptable than the ED Horizons, since they stated clearly for years that Base Building wasn't gonna be a part of the game. In that sense, Building would be an expansion, i.e. they could/should charge for it. However, given the incomplete, problematic and shallow release, if they could add it for free..they should, just as an apology and a way to put down some fires.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2016, 09:27:49 pm »

The base building frigate update will be free.
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2016, 09:57:35 pm »

If it's a space game, and it's BIG... it should be empty, and unwelcoming. Part of what makes exploration exciting is that you're far away from home, and you don't know what you'll find. You should be scared when you're far away from civilization, you'll run out of fuel, your tools will break, you'll run out of supplies. And when you're stuck on a planet with all of your mining equipment broken, out of gas, on an alien planet that's been untouched by any civilization, you'll be alone. You'll be alone and you'll never see another planet for the rest of your short life.
Space should be lonely. Space should be scary. Space should kill the fuck out of you.

tl;dr git gud skrubs make a real game
also not that i've bought or played or watched or read much about nms, like that's gonna keep me from complaining about it
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:59:30 pm by Egan_BW »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2016, 09:59:57 pm »

If it's a space game, and it's BIG... it should be empty, and unwelcoming. Part of what makes exploration exciting is that you're far away from home, and you don't know what you'll find. You should be scared when you're far away from civilization, you'll run out of fuel, your tools will break, you'll run out of supplies. And when you're stuck on a planet with all of your mining equipment broken, out of gas, on an alien planet that's been untouched by any civilization, you'll be alone. You'll be alone and you'll never see another planet for the rest of your short life.
Space should be lonely. Space should be scary. Space should kill the fuck out of you.

tl;dr git gud skrubs make a real game

No way! The majority of gamers now aday don't want difficulty, they don't even REALLY want to play a game, they just want a distraction and difficulty forces them to become invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2016, 10:02:23 pm »

They should try idle games. This one is nice.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2016, 12:21:47 am »

Don't see why you'd pay for that that, since something like that already exists for free.

This zombo... it is malware?

-snop-

I sure hope not, since its my homepage! Dunno why it'd set off malware flags.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2016, 01:14:21 am »

Well, I did enjoy my two hour demo. And was gonna probably get it...until I saw

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y046e/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_heres_a_big_list/

Kinda put me off. Don't want to support that. Maybe later all those missing features will be in, and the game will be cheaper. Don't want to spend 60 dollars on any game. Even if the next Elder Scrolls is the best Elder Scrolls ever made, I'd still find spending 60 dollars to not entirely be worth it. I do sometimes buy a 60 dollar game, but its super rare. No rush to buy it, and either it'll improve or the dev team will take off with the money. Either way...

I went back to playing Starbound lol. Got a bunch of mods and its like a whole new experience.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:24:40 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10