Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139544 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! "Nah, too easy. I'll make a god instead."
« Reply #631 on: September 30, 2016, 06:16:40 pm »

Doctor Ozarck here wants to invite everyone along for the Grand Tour of Reality. He pops up in everyone's personal room and gives you option to ascend beyond humanity, immortality via nanomahchines, super powers from god and membership in swarm soul communications network. The man is either very selfless or plans to integrate your individuality into the collective by force.

third in line on death count? I started slacking off at some point.
To be fair, once I started being able to reach into their brains without actually cutting them open, my death count stopped going up.

I volunteer my resources to create combat zones in non-occupied locations - even complete with non-sapient human clones, for realistic interactions.

Spoiler: soldier equipment (click to show/hide)

I think that 's everything

@Dustin Hache: did I miss anything?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:31:54 am by Ozarck »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 30, 2016, 07:15:50 pm »

you forgot weapons tech ozarck, not counting psionics.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 30, 2016, 08:56:37 pm »

Solider Reporting for murder duty
((Solider Snaker, is that you? Also huzzah, the soldier lives!))

Prepare for the final day. Have literally a ton of coffee hauled into the workshops. This is gonna be an all-nighter.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 30, 2016, 09:14:00 pm »

you forgot weapons tech ozarck, not counting psionics.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:17:33 pm by Ozarck »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 30, 2016, 09:22:24 pm »

Solider Reporting for murder duty
((Solider Snaker, is that you? Also huzzah, the soldier lives!))

Prepare for the final day. Have literally a ton of coffee hauled into the workshops. This is gonna be an all-nighter.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Addendum plus GM note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:35:53 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 30, 2016, 10:16:41 pm »

So. Unit capabilities and armament. I... have no idea how to do this. Do I just summarize everything done so far?

edit:

I... think I got everything?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:16:37 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 30, 2016, 11:40:26 pm »

Doctor Ozarck here wants to invite everyone along for the Grand Tour of Reality. He pops up in everyone's personal room and gives you option to ascend beyond humanity, immortality via nanomahchines, super powers from god and membership in swarm soul communications network. The man is either very selfless or plans to integrate your individuality into the collective by force.
Quick! Whack the the ozclone with something heavy so I can steal the secrets in its brain!

Spoiler: Oceanic Soldier (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 30, 2016, 11:56:36 pm »

Quick! Whack the the ozclone with something heavy so I can steal the secrets in its brain!

Spoiler: Oceanic Soldier (click to show/hide)
All units to ozone 1 we have a 1ozy in progress. The ozarks have breach containment, repeat we have a 1ozy in progress.

I dunno, what I do depends on what daemonic spooner gives me to play with.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 01, 2016, 12:06:16 am »

Drones need a major revamp to make that possible. They are more aimed for pistol sized weapons, or small SMG at best. Giving them ability to carry three meter long particle accelerator and its pilot electrolaser AND a nucler reactor it needs is just not possible. Total and complete redesign is necessary. Or cheating. Cheating is easier. And faster.
Observing laws guidelines of this universe means after conversion they won't be drones anymore, but rather gunships, and that doesn't fit in term of super soldier any more. Seriously, how overpowered you want spaz to be? His particle cannon already gives him instant kill ability, but having a horde flying particle cannons isn't really fair anymore, not in IC nor in OOC. And I recall you saying he would be on his own...
Cancel it then maybe? I mean, you didn't specifically mention it was overpowered when I was making the supersoldier, even when I sort of outright asked, you only said that I needed to design better lift systems for the drones to use particle beams, so I was thinking it's fine. Was just trying to keep my super-soldier competitive, not overpower him.

Regarding on his own, I meant I wouldn't really develop any groundbreaking new technologies for him. I considered simply adapting the drones to carry some of the other super-soldier technology pretty minor. The quantum brain upgrade was more because that was an oversight on my part. I intended to add something like that all along, but seem to have forgotten to say it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 02:53:03 am by Demonic Spoon »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 01, 2016, 12:18:04 am »

@killerhellhound: can you check my post and see if I forgot to mention anything?

edit: I also want to file "potential particle-cannon gunships" under the list of reasons why I'd like to have a squad. :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:19:56 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 01, 2016, 12:28:09 am »

Next game should be "Roll to create a Supersquad!" Would make Dev happy, I bet. :P

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 01, 2016, 12:33:36 am »

Next game should be "Roll to create a Supersquad!" Would make Dev happy, I bet. :P
Aka how the multi-god-verse was created...and prompty pranked by me
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:42:21 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 01, 2016, 01:03:25 am »

@killerhellhound: can you check my post and see if I forgot to mention anything?

edit: I also want to file "potential particle-cannon gunships" under the list of reasons why I'd like to have a squad. :P
I think you got every thing now Its just up to me to make the most of your creations.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 01, 2016, 02:46:44 am »

Spazyak, feel free to make suggestions. Overall I've been pretty orthodox by mad scientist standards "Faster, Tougher, Bigger Gun, Swarm of Drones". He can't even fly with his main-body or make portals to send the enemies attacks back at them.  :'(

Super Soldier design:

A main body housing the super-soldier's quantum brains. Has nuclear reactors, particle rifle and that mono-atomic blades. His body should be pretty damn fast due to Fast Body. Has an AR Hud to help him keep track of stuff. There are backup for his brains, incase he dies.

Drones co-ordinate with each other and the main body through QE comms. At least a few are unstealthed some of the time, so that they can share their photon senses with the rest of the swarm and main-body. Maybe specialize some drones for super-speed so they can do a rapid fly-by of the entire battlefield to locate all the other super-soldiers.

Both the main body and the drones have supermaterial-armouring, emp hardening, invisibility, super-senses, Thermovoltaics to take care of excess heat from stealth, and more conventional firepower than you would think thanks to Compact built-in systems. Both has some conventional weaponry, probably anti-material rifles, machine guns and missiles, and some mortars on some drones for artillery support? But the super-soldier can specify some things if he likes. Honestly, I'd like to use tactical nukes I could get away with it?

They have modular design, and some modules for different environments if that could be useful. Like different camouflages for the drones when they're unstealthed in the various environments, and possibly an alternate means of locomotion for the drones and super-soldier in the winter, for blizzards and thick snow. Maybe the high-tech equivalent of snow-shoes for the super-soldier and whatever you use to fly around in winter. Ramjets? The base super-soldier would probably be fine even if buried in snow, or if it sinks into a swamp, and probably just walk out. Plus, it's probably not even that heavy to begin with, so not too worried, since most weight comes from armour, I researched lightweight armour, and the design philosophy of the super-soldier from the beginning was light and fast.

And of course, the finalized super-soldier design was made by a super-genius, so it's pretty decent all-over I guess?

Commentary on the game:
It was fun! Good job!  :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:32:46 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 75