Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139560 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! "Nah, too easy. I'll make a god instead."
« Reply #660 on: October 01, 2016, 12:41:36 pm »

Oh daemonic spoon, I spent the morning researching rifles and weaponry of the conventional sense. Hope you enjoy them. They are all in my first post
I'm not really into guns, so I'll just assume you know what you're talking about and use that. EDIT: Though I'm unsure of the utility of smoke grenades, since you're invisible?

@AoshimaMichio The original description of the Modular Design tech, as written by you.

That's it, you think. With basic path lit you can start... Oh but what about modularity?! Swapping parts on fly? That would make your design superiour because it could be easily customized for wide range of purposes and enviroments. With properly sealed connection ports you can produce the All Terrain Super Soldier! Perfect adaptibility! Simply switch best parts for enviroment and your creation will trump all enviroments with ease!

So I assumed Modular Design included that All-Terrain Super-Soldier part.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:52:56 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 01, 2016, 01:08:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry of the walls of text, Aoshima. it's gotta be quite the challenge working with all this.

-snip-

Your multi-level marketing scheme won't work on me!

Well, I had one outright rejection, and two laughable attempts at hostility. I'm a little surprised that no one was interested in coming along. The wonders of the universe await.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 01, 2016, 01:13:53 pm »

Let us fight firstm then surely the survivor will be the one worthy of being raised to god satus...hmm wonder how hard it is to forcably add brains to the collective of three brains that is me.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 01, 2016, 01:17:58 pm »

Well, I had one outright rejection, and two laughable attempts at hostility. I'm a little surprised that no one was interested in coming along. The wonders of the universe await.

I already have a perfectly good method of sending minds to explore the universe. I just really don't want to unless someone is willing to pay me for it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 01, 2016, 01:30:12 pm »

Let us fight firstm then surely the survivor will be the one worthy of being raised to god satus...hmm wonder how hard it is to forcably add brains to the collective of three brains that is me.
oddly enough, my offer was really directed at the scientists anyway, not at the soldiers.

I already have a perfectly good method of sending minds to explore the universe. I just really don't want to unless someone is willing to pay me for it.
Well, I already own numerous planets throughout the galaxy, but that's fine. I'm interested in your tech, of course. Not so much for the supersoldier program, but because the various threads of research were wildly divergent, and wold increase my breadth and depth of knowledge. Of course, I did post an action at the very end to peek into everyones' research, but never got GM confirmation that that happened, so I have been operating on the assumption that it didn't.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 01, 2016, 01:39:20 pm »

Fine by me ozzy, this robot overlord plans to just survive so he can caim land for pranking... WITH NUKES build his kingdom and bring about a robohuman revolution. Join me brothas let us lead mankind as our superior selves.

Also I am pretty sure our badass normal is a space marine with servitors.

@my daemonic overlord who loves to spoon
And I want smoke grenades because some varieties contain chaff and things that obscure more then just visual light. Plus I have plans
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 01, 2016, 02:30:16 pm »

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 01, 2016, 03:12:46 pm »

Ascend to a higher plane of existence? No thanks, I'll stay right here with my cat video holograms.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 01, 2016, 03:18:26 pm »

Ascend to a higher plane of existence? No thanks, I'll stay right here with my cat video holograms.

Your cat videos shall be my first conquest in the name of Astley!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 01, 2016, 03:37:14 pm »

No tactical nukes unless drone can carry one. Same for missiles. They are after all TINY quadcopters. Machine guns, fine. Anti-materiel rifles... probably can't lift those.
I specified that the drones were wielding weapons, you said no to particle beams and now they can only have machine guns? Kind of dissapointing. Or give them mono-atomic katanas so they can at least stab things.

Maybe tiny missiles? Missiles are kind of a drone staple, so I'm kind of shocked you're noping them. My drones are worse than US military ones? How embarrasing!

You are thinking these, I'm thinking these. How much you think latter can carry?

Hey, hey, new development is on ice now. No adding anything new that didn't already exist. Different camo paints are fine, but no alternative locomotion because you didn't make any. So no ramjets. The body is modular, but I don't think you really took advantage of that. Replacing broken parts should be easy anyway.
I assumed modular design included some modules for different environments? Which is why I didn't actually do any further research on it. Seems kind of pointless to research modular design without modules, and it was part of the original description of the tech iirc.

Also, I thought ramjets are a thing that already exists? Didn't think I'd need to develop it? Just mentioned it as an idea either way.
@AoshimaMichio The original description of the Modular Design tech, as written by you.

That's it, you think. With basic path lit you can start... Oh but what about modularity?! Swapping parts on fly? That would make your design superiour because it could be easily customized for wide range of purposes and enviroments. With properly sealed connection ports you can produce the All Terrain Super Soldier! Perfect adaptibility! Simply switch best parts for enviroment and your creation will trump all enviroments with ease!

So I assumed Modular Design included that All-Terrain Super-Soldier part.
We are experiencing traditional miscommunication issues here.

I mentioned it as design possibility, where you could make the exoskeleton in a way that permits very easy change of parts, like legos are shaped so they connect each other easily. Which you did. But actual variable parts were never promised. Nor designed.

Also I have "some conventional weapons" listed on my notes. What are those? Those are probably using built in system, ie part of the exoskeleton, which again increases weight.
I specified that in the post you quoted?
Both has some conventional weaponry, probably anti-material rifles, machine guns and missiles, and some mortars on some drones for artillery support? But the super-soldier can specify some things if he likes.

Ah, I missed keyword "both". So anti-materiel rifle, machine gun, small missiles and mortar. I take small missiles are along Pike, because it's much easier to carry many of those than larger meter long missiles. With conventional weapons the biggest limitation is number of munitions soldier or drones can realistically carry with them.

Are those built in arms/legs or carried normally?

I would guess it weights some. Basic frame was some chitinous material so it is light, probably no more than 80kg. However biggest weight comes from nuclear reactors which you have two in the torso. So accounting those it should be around 180 kg at least. Armor, as light as it is, pushes it around 200 kg. And that's before adding particle cannon, that's possibly around 80 kg too.
Chitinous material is what again? Any reason that can't be replaced with the Super-Material armouring?
Chitinous material is something that was decided on in very beginning as base material for exoskeleton. The reason is that armor is armor, not structural support material.

It wasn't mentioned before that drones should have armoring, EMP hardening or super senses. Correct me if I'm wrong. Individual drones could be equipped with extended sensor suite. They are battery powered, so constant invisibility means they'll run out of power quickly. Then again soldier could have recharger array so when they run out of power they could return and swap new batteries on fly.
I've made references to them having super-senses before I think, and don't see any reason they wouldn't so it seems odd for them to not have them. I mean, half the point was them to be sneaky scouts along with sneaky assassins, so having super-senses is definitely a must.
Link that reference for me, please. Cameras on visual range are given. Any reliable sound detection is harder because rotors make more noise up close than anything below, likewise wind can be loud. Especially if it's raining. Scent is useless up in air like is ground vibrations and detecion of air-currents. At least I don't think soldier can make use of air-currents detection from drones. And drone rotors are messing that up anyway. Active radar would have to be underside of drone to be useful, but that's where weapon/utility slot is. Could be partially useful. Lidar has same issue. Sonar too.

Armouring and EMP hardening was assumed by me I think, but again don't see why not, as it should be lightweight?

Got point there.

I thought their capacitor could at least last a day or so? Make the super-soldier a recharger array, or allow the gunships thing, just without the particle beams? Or just a few beams. The drones are annoyingly limited at this point.
Did it occur to you wonder what kind of roll spawned them? Spazy seem to get it.

May I request to have an Enhanced F88 Austeyr (an enhanced aug who's full capabilities and differences from other augs will be listed in a spoiler below) for one conventional weapon that's aiming can be synced to the suits hud, left arm
 sputtergun mounted sin such a way it can quickly be activated in melee (sputter gun is basicaly a billy club shaped gun with no trigger that fires when the pin is pulledback and doesn't stop until the ammo is used up)
 a fn scar long rifle-Mk 17 LB (Long Barrel) – 510 mm (20 in) barrel. For long range fire...and more grenadey goodness. Right arm, also connected to suits hud for aiming purposes
A M240G for machine gunnery with infantry modification kit. This is the machinegun usualy mounted on m1 abrams (at least what wikipedia said, otherwebsites didn't specify). On shoulders if possible
And a browning m2e2 lightweight .50 caliber machinegun quick barrely change heavy machine gun if I can, normaly used mounted in vehicles or on a tripod on the ground I want this to be something I can pull out (giggity) and weild like a normal gun to lay tons of fire down.

For grenade launchers and mortar launchers other then those already on the guns I think m203 grenade lauchers mounted on the arms should do.

For grenades themselves, I'd like a mix of smoke grenades, fragmentation grenades, and white phosphorus Am-m14. And one or two concusive.

Also get some c4 I can use, half contained in shells made for the 40mm low velocity grenade launcher on the aug.

Spoiler: Enhanced F88 Austeyr (click to show/hide)

Drones will be equiped evenly between stripped down fn p90s firing FN 5.7x28mm fmj ss190, pp200 firing parabelum fmj rounds, and m320 light weight grenadelauncher modules (should allow for firing of multiple grenades with out need to reload.)
Tried to select guns for the drones that could either be easily mounted with little modification to the gun and would be light weight enough to use while maintaining speed.

Fn p90 would end up requiring parts of the casing remove and replaced but due to how the clip works the end of the clip could be expanded and attached to a feeder.

Drones will use simple frag grenades for grenade launchers
For you:
Assault rifle with HUD linked scope. Sputter gun built in. Another assault rifle. Grenade launcher built in. Smoke grenades, fragmentation grenades, white phosphorus grenades and concussion grenades.

Rather than specific weapon types I'm interested if these are built in your exoskeleton or carried around normally. There's two spots in both forearms, two in both upper arms, two in thighs and two more in calves. Perhaps more in torso. You may even have a gun built in your crotch.
And ammo. How much and where?

For drones:
Submachine gun. What's pp200?

More details on loadouts:

Also yeah, that's an important detail.

If I can just deactivate the MMI to avoid complications, do that. Otherwise call up Captain Malpractice again and see if he's willing to try gambling his life on him being able to safely undo his work. I imagine Atreyu will have some choice objects to interact with the good doctor with if he fails.

We'll deal that as soon as we can get this confirmation round mess over.

Sorry of the walls of text, Aoshima. it's gotta be quite the challenge working with all this.

Heh, confirming all this turns out to be as time extensive as making longest turns. Dunno why I was expecting anything less.

Quote from: penguinofhonor

Whoopsie, forgot you. Is this right? Any questions or additions, renegadelobser?

Body: Tarantula
    A flat torso ringed by eight lithe, hoofed legs.
        Very fast and jumpy, hard kicks
    No head
    Two pairs of smaller humanoid arms on the bottom of the torso
    Two pairs of larger arms on the top
    Sensory: All around its torso and on its limbs
        Eyes
        Simple ears
        IR detection
        Magnetoreception

Utility:
    First aid jelly tubes
    Tarantula fullbody armor
        Carbon nanotubes, calcium carbonite tiles and stretchy/clingy proteins.
        Hard, doesn't break as much as slides to deal with impact

Weapons:
    Dart gun
        Neurotoxin 1
            Full body effects
            Soldier inoculated against
    Lightweight Monster Maker
    40kg mace
    .50 cal conversion of Glock 21
        Fullmetal jacketed rounds
        Hollow point
        AP
    FN P90
        Fullmetal jacketed rounds
        Hollow point
        AP
    Fostech Origin-12 mag fed 12 gauge semiauto
        Slugs
        Buckshot
        Shredder rounds
        Incendiary

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 01, 2016, 04:11:15 pm »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PP-2000

The heavy machine gun will be carried normaly

Y'know what fuck that, I want a heavy machine gun mounted on the crotch, with exchangable barrels.
I am the robo dicktator!
Ammo held on back in metal box made so that the box feeds into an opening and fits between the two boxes for the light machine gun, so it can easily be replaced and the gun reloaded

Light machine guns on upper arms, ammo stored in metal box on mounted on and into back, out of way. Let's say...a
Assault rifles on lower arms 900 rounds each (based of standard aug banana clip which contains 30 bullets, so its essentialy 30 standard clips worth of bullets)
Lelt fed ammo held where ever I can

Should be heavy but nothing the exoskeleton can't handle

Any extra space for amoo will be held in lightly armored containers mounted in the body wil contain extra light machine gun ammo

Can I have the A-10 warthog, aka the BRRRRRRRRTTTTT gun, made so its simething I can carry normaly? Linkless Belt fed from a large magazine, think backpack full of 500 mm caliber shells , something to fire on a particularly tough target. Preferably the depleted uranium core shells.
When the clip is empty I can easily disconect the box from the exoskeleton via magnets or a simple mount.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-8_Avenger
So it'd likely would not last more then a second, but it'd spray the block full of lead and rip a ton of shit to shred. Just what I need.

Oh by metal boxes I am basicly just saying ammo crates with a  a feed for the ammo to go through

Plus what ever demonic spooner st. Gives me.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:02:20 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 01, 2016, 04:25:57 pm »

In the end we got some very interesting products. We have psychic gray goo, army of velocicats, badass normal, psionic hivemind, ninja Borg, Phobetor's tradesman, invisible robot overlord with literal case of multiple personalities and sapient giant spider.
Why do I feel ever-so-slightly underprepared?

Spoiler: @GM&NAV (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 01, 2016, 04:26:39 pm »

ok.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 01, 2016, 04:31:24 pm »

Looks good to me. Only thing I see missing is a lightweight handheld mortar for longer range/harder targets. And as a way to launch the monster maker farther. Unless penguin wasn't able to get the mortar.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 01, 2016, 04:39:08 pm »

I think "Lightweight Monster Maker" refers to the mortar and its payload. Also... did I complete that? It was still in progress on my last turn. If it's roughly combat ready, I'll send it out with him, even if there's a kink or two I haven't worked out.

Also renegadelobster should have two pistols (one within reach of each set of arms). Your list doesn't have quantity, so I'm making sure. The loadout looks fine to me otherwise.

Doctor Ozarck here wants to invite everyone along for the Grand Tour of Reality. He pops up in everyone's personal room and gives you option to ascend beyond humanity, immortality via nanomahchines, super powers from god and membership in swarm soul communications network. The man is either very selfless or plans to integrate your individuality into the collective by force.

You think I need help ascending beyond humanity? You insult me.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75