- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230639 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game: Houlandin of Luathbas!
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2016, 03:47:02 am »

A.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2016, 03:47:29 am »

It's THESE people! The people our father refused once and probably sent aid to in another time! Since we probably can guess the Kiwi King is bloodthirsty and otherwise a mean jerk (unlike our Father who was nicer but also someone we learned our charismatic skills from), then hey let's make these hands join together. Maybe we can even earn nice favor given our charisma and...social warmth!

B C!

Math I'm thinking: 6 base - 1 for mercs + 1 for trade - 1 for mercs - 2 for scepter = 3 Treasury left. We can handle that, and the increased army might just let us conquer new trade routes as well.
Actually I'm thinking there's something up with these 'adventurous soldiers' since...they basically need an army. Although on the other reasonable hand, soldiers do cost upkeep (as we learned from REBELS back there), so that's why I scratched into C.
As an aside, I'm wondering if we can earn a reputation akin to having Swiss Mercenaries in our employ for quite some time given our army's recent score sheet of 'win win win win lose-probably and more win!'
Unsure what happened to the army 'dad' had when he honorably died though.

E: Did a tiny search. Yep, Kiwi has a really bad reputation from several different sources, so we can assume a bit on the better hand here. o_O But wow that desperation, or at least that's how I see someone selling their heirloom and stuff. I'm REALLY moving to tell them to keep the mercs because this deal seems...well we can't obviously ask more but :P
Although I *am* moving for A since we lack information on the scepter other than 'prized family heirloom'. Maybe it'll mean other things than 'just sparkly noble stick'.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:51:49 am by Tiruin »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2016, 03:51:25 am »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2016, 03:57:02 am »

You agree to hire their mercenaries and buy the scepter of the Queen. The dignitary cannot believe your generosity for a brief moment, and once he regains ability to speak, he profusely thanks you and bows numerous times on his way out the door, promising to have both men and the artifact delivered by the end of the year.

816 AD, Winter

Oh boy, what a joyful occassion - a letter from King of Lametania have arrived.

Half of it is insults, per usual. In the other half, he pushes the usual claims for the southern territories, the lands that your predecessor have determined to be legally Luathbas' possessions by now. You can agree willingly or he will try to take them by force...

...or, he writes, he might be willing to return the dwarven necklace of your slain father to you, because he knows how pricey these things are, and that your family must sure feel sore that such a prized artifact has fallen into the hands of his half-brother.

The advisor and your Queen Mother debate about it for a while, and finally you decide to...

A) Refuse to give the southern lands to Kingdom of Lametania.
B) Agree to give them the lands they want for free.
C) Agree, reluctantly, to trade the southern lands for your father's dwarven necklace.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2016, 03:59:04 am »

A. Fuck off Lametania
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2016, 03:59:28 am »

A

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2016, 04:02:06 am »

A. Fuck off Lametania
+1
I'm for declaring war on them just to get them to fuck off. Have peace include a pick two, some of their lands, monetary restitution, our familial Dwarven necklace.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game: Houlandin II of Luathbas!
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2016, 04:06:25 am »

A, DEATH TO LAMETANIA!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2016, 04:18:01 am »

You write a reply in which you politely ask him to go make love with his own backside.

816 AD, Mid-Winter

The dignitary from the west arrives with 2550 strong and well-trained men, and with a large chest containing an ornate platinum scepter, alledgedly, of dwarven origin.

Queried about its powers, the dignitary explains that the scepter was commissioned by the Queen's great-grandfather to deal with his chronic sicknesses, and since then, he and his descendants suffered from nary a disease except an occassional cold.

You welcome the men into the Army and keep the Scepter guarded in a vault, as it seems it might be projecting a benevolent aura of sorts rather than bestowing powers upon a single individual, like your father's necklace did.

816 AD, End of the Year

The advisor brings you his enigmatic scrolls with equally enigmatic numbers:

Happiness: 3
Population: 6
Economy: 3
Army: 7

817 AD, Spring

Terrible developments are reported on the eastern front; the Parsia have finally risen from the murky swamp of its civil war (that took them a long while), and the spies of Augas commander believe that the Parsian king is preparing a huge offensive to regain the wealthy province of Augas!

The commander of the Augas forces demands more men, and hopes that you will grace the Army with your own presence to boost their morale, as even with the improved fortifications protecting them, some are rather nervous about upcoming conflict.

About the reinforcements, you decide to...

A) Draft peasants into the Army.
B) Hire even more mercenaries.
C) Do nothing, except maybe just shift some men from Luathbas to Augas province.

And about the request for your presence, your reply is...

A) That you will eagerly stand side-by-side with your men against Parsian armies!
B) That, unfortunately, important affairs of governance keep you in the Capital.

//This is a multi-choice event; posts with only partial votes will be ignored.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:22:50 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2016, 04:21:59 am »

C, A

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2016, 04:22:40 am »

A, Draft Peasants into the army and B, Stay in the capital
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2016, 04:37:12 am »

A, Draft Peasants into the army and B, Stay in the capital

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2016, 05:53:46 am »

I just remembered o_o There was an assassin sent to kill dad by the West somethings that wasn't signed at all. Bet it was Kiwi.
...or, he writes, he might be willing to return the dwarven necklace of your slain father to you, because he knows how pricey these things are, and that your family must sure feel sore that such a prized artifact has fallen into the hands of his half-brother.
Aww fish. That means the whole army was routed or something (or at least honorable spoils go to honorable battle and stuff, and everyone went back when the leader died). Hopefully our fancy Marshall didn't go with em.

A for peasants.
A on the going to be with our men; Charisma wins wars. Especially if it's with draftees.

We can make up for the upkeep nowadays o_O

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2016, 07:07:40 am »

ENOUGH MERC'ING AROUND

C, A
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 07:21:02 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 379