- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230624 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game: Houlandin of Luathbas!
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2016, 09:12:59 pm »

We can't piss off the populace in the middle of a war, but we let our men down either, GET SOME AUXILIA

B
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2016, 10:16:13 pm »

> B

We have the money for it FINALLY.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2016, 11:05:46 pm »

I wake up and then we died. :I Greaaaaat. At least we're now charismatic--did we keep the necklace? ((REALLY wondering what 'wise' did for us since I believe we can't pick our traits now, unless we have the choice of schooling our children or something that develops and hones their traits?))

B!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2016, 01:23:52 am »

B

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2016, 01:30:31 am »

We probably could have schooled our children if we did not die when they were young.  On the plus side the regency went okay.

B!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2016, 01:41:37 am »

In your first decree you allow monetary expenses for recruitment of traveling mercenaries and adventurers and send them to eastern front.

This proves a good idea, as the wealth of Augas province attracts many sellswords, and not just for the money promised for joining the Army ranks.

816 AD, Summer

An interesting report arrived from the south.

Apparently, while mining a new deposit of copper in some hills, the miners of the local governor stumbled upon an ancient tomb! Apparently, it gives the workers creeps and some unfriendly aura emanates from it. The entrance is intricately detailed and covered in runes, which the governor's scholar determined to be dwarven in origin.

The governor couldn't decide what to do with it and therefore asks You for a suggestion. In your reply to the governor, you tell him to...

A) Immediatelly bury the tomb under rocks and abandon the site.
B) Have some priests purify the tomb, but do not open it and then continue mining nearby.
C) Have some priests purify the tomb, then open it and mention that by law the Crown claims half the treasure if any is found by the governor and his men!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2016, 01:42:26 am »

A.  For the love of God, A. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2016, 01:48:41 am »

Things are calm enough, let's trust in The Lady to C us through!
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2016, 01:54:03 am »

A

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2016, 02:01:55 am »

We can't somehow contact the dwarves? o_O Wish we knew more because we may be desecrating holy ground. HOWEVER given our assistance by the governor scholar, we've to assume the best path given the response. :I I'm thinking that since the scholar mentioned nothing WRONG with mining and such--given the indecisiveness--it's OKAY to mine around and purify the place. In comparison to A being probably the best-ish option, however we've probably already opened and defiled it and that means we've angered and displeased the spirits, so purifying it with a priestly version of "Sorry! :(" seems better.

B.

Edit: Probably expecting some sort of consequence from this (ie Angered dwarves//disturbed tomb of ancient hero//big horror awakened), but seriously thinking that since we broke whatever seal or something that made us feel uncomfy already happened, we should at LEAST do something more than 'throw soil back on it (probably haphazardly)' :P ).
For a kingdom, we know a lot less than we think we do! XD And/or we didn't invest in cartography since ever.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:13:44 am by Tiruin »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2016, 02:11:17 am »

I'll switch my vote to B as that's probably about as close to what I'd like as we'll get. Admittedly, the original vote was mostly for the pun.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2016, 03:10:13 am »

This means we have two A's and two B's :v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2016, 03:15:36 am »

Alright, changing it to B then.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2016, 03:28:48 am »

You write him that his priests are to clear the site but otherwise the burial mound is to be left undisturbed.

816 AD, Autumn

The yearly transport of chests filled with coins arrives from Augas province.

816 AD, Mid-Autumn

A dignitary from a small kingdom in the west arrives at your court.

The Kingdom in question is in dire need of money after a long and exhausting conflict with Kiwi Kingdom, and therefore its King is looking for a deal. The dignitary have visited Luathbas because he heard that you are often hiring mercenaries to help with your wars, and therefore the faraway Kingdom would be willing to send the less-attached and more adventurous of its soldiers into your service for money.

The dignitary also mentions that the Queen has a family heirloom, a platinum scepter of dwarven origin, that could be sold to you. Of course, that would cost you more than mercenaries. After consideration, you shall...

A) Accept the deal of money for mercenaries, but do not buy the scepter.
B) Buy the scepter for a hefty amount of coinage, but pass on the extra soldiers for the Army.
C) Agree to hire both the western mercenaries and to buy the scepter, because you are feelin' rich and generous.
D) Politely decline both the mercenaries and the scepter.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:31:51 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2016, 03:41:12 am »

C

My story sense is tingling. The scepter may end up being related to the tomb in a useful way.

Also more soldiers is always nice.

Math I'm thinking: 6 base - 1 for mercs + 1 for trade - 1 for mercs - 2 for scepter = 3 Treasury left. We can handle that, and the increased army might just let us conquer new trade routes as well.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 379