Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85412 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Post-Mission 1]
« Reply #1575 on: October 10, 2016, 11:49:21 pm »

Anna suddenly lets out a sigh.
"Is there something wrong, my humanoid acquaintance?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 10, 2016, 11:51:40 pm »

"Yes.  Many things are wrong.  If I was to enumerate all of them, I doubt I would remain functional."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 11, 2016, 11:25:07 am »

Twilight turns back to Samson before saying, "Yes, that's why I'm shocked! He, twice now, passed through a portal into what seems like the deepest cell of Tartarus! I mean, oh my Celestia, I don't even know what's going on any-...Starlight?"

She then turns to see Starlight fainted onto the bed. Twilight uses her magic to pick her up, before waving goodbye to Samson and walking back to the double dorm. Placing her in the second bed, Twilight sits down to wait for her to wake up.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 11, 2016, 12:43:42 pm »

Kelly has been Mostly silent paging through the book blinking seemingly fascianted.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 11, 2016, 06:29:33 pm »

"Yes.  Many things are wrong.  If I was to enumerate all of them, I doubt I would remain functional."
"Oh my.

Are you willing to talk over such issues?"
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 12, 2016, 12:00:59 am »

<Let us begin.>

Cautiously move towards my opponent, feinting with my tail towards the sim-Andalite, gauging its reactions and looking for openings before striking.

Nixil approaches the Andalite Warrior, mirroring his strafing movements as to not allow him to get behind him. Nixil performs a feint and his opponent tenses up, but doesn't take the bait, he's clearly an experienced warrior. Nixil spots a momentary drop in his opponent's guard, [9+1 vs. 8+1] and quickly slashes straight for the throat. The Warrior is able to react, throwing up his own tail-blade to deflect Nixil's assault, and what could have been a lethal attack becomes a flesh wound as Nixil's tail collides with his opponent's and merely skims the targeted area. [2+1 vs. 9+1] The Warrior whips his tail at Nixil who is able to slide to the left to avoid it easily, [4+1 vs. 3+1] and slashes at the Warrior once more, slicing him across the torso but only doing a superficial amount of damage.

Mm.. Sounds like schools dealing in Voidic. They don't do conceptual deletion to my knowledge however. Just leaves a person shaped hole in experiences normally. Something that you know was there but no longer Is.

Keep reading. This topic is of interest.

Vi continues her reading.

Both sentient and non-sentient beings, (such as vehicles) have been witnessed operating Miasmatic Weaponry. The effect on these beings from using Miasmatic Weaponry, if any existed, has not been sufficiently observed. Memetic Erasure appears to target the schema of sentient beings rather than making purely material alterations. In one case, a subject's arm was blown apart by Miasmatic Weaponry which left a permanent scar. All attempts at replacing the arm with the processes of cyborg-limb replication and synthetics were violently rejected by the scar. However, the subject was able to successfully replace the arm with a cannon, and the scarring dissipated. This led to the conclusion that it was not all physical matter being rejected by the scar, but instead anything that resembled the concept of an "arm". This has been observed in non-sentient cases as well, such as when the front gate of a warehouse was dismantled by Miasmatic Weaponry that left a residue similar to the scarring in sentient, organic subjects. All attempts at placing a new gate at the front of the warehouse failed, but the residue disappeared when a metal fence was put up where the gate once stood.

Observations like these add further to the discourse and argument of scientists, academics and philosophers on whether or not the Miasma possesses sentience. As of this writing, there is now a Meta-Miasma discourse as well, with one controversial subject being on whether sentience even exists, thanks to observations of the Miasma...

Cadence is spooked by the dummy coming to life, but springs into action.

She lunges, aiming for a strike through the head with her rapier.

Cadence lunges for the dummy, jabbing her sword straight for its forehead, [N/A] and landing a perfect blow. The blade doesn't pierce the animated dummy's skull, but it makes an impact strong enough to send the contraption to the ground, clutching its forehead and rolling on the matted floor. "HOLY FUCK. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. I AM PROGRAMMED TO MERELY REPLICATE EMOTIONS BUT THE PAIN THAT I CAN EXPERIENCE IS AS VIVID AS IT IS FOR ANY ORGANIC LIFEFORM. GODDAMNIT." The dummy rolls into the side of the wall, with a metallic *clang*.

"You dare think you can fool Ulibossk, the master mindflayer?!!"
Ulibossk orders the thrall to fire at the lady's chest, and casts mind flay on her.

Ulibossk's thrall motions for an arrow and places it into his bow, knocking it against the string as he aims at the mysterious woman. [N/A] The arrow flies through the darkness until it is illuminated by her glow, and then promptly strikes her square in the chest. She lets out an airy cry that reverberates through the cave as her body convulses and then dissipates like a cloud of mist coming into contact with direct sunlight. Once she is gone, Ulibossk senses a large presence moving below in the water, though without the woman's light the cave has become pitch black, hindering his sight.

Mega takes a deep breath in. "Fuck it. I'm buying armor and I'm leaving."
And she stormed off, trying to find any sort of marketplace.

Mega, Ramona and Charlotte discover the true nature of Conflict Zone 87 and look for somewhere to acquired the advertised goods. The Teleportation Station for this location is built more like a mall than a building who's function is primarily long-distance transportation, what with the multitude of stores and restaurants across multiple levels, as well abundant amenities like bathrooms, escalators, kiosks and vending machines. There's a shuttle station where flying white buses continually shoot out into the war-zone below and return, but there are enough stores promising authentic CF87 souvenirs that you wouldn't have to take a shuttle down if your main goal was to go shopping. The stores are not based around specific goods but rather take on the "theme" of a particular faction engaged in the fighting. These store bare names like "Bifrito Kingdom Konsumables", "Elkine Confederacy Collectibles" and "Free State of Liberated Men: Major Discounts!" In addition to the stores are kiosks placed strategically in the middle of the walkways, though they cater less towards serious supplies and tools, and more trinkets and toys. One kiosk that the trio passes by has an ongoing demonstration with its own miniature fighting pit on the ground, where small, distinctively colored and costumed animatronics battle each other.

Charlotte's Cornpanion pops out of one her pockets, suddenly active, "Am I the only one a-maize-d that people think this is okay? This whole place feels really ear-ie."

"If you'd like, of course."
"I do not care either way, so we might as well."
She nods, and sets off in a semi-random direction!
Garuga follows!

The Knight and Dragon walk down the halls without incident until a loud *bang* precedes a spread of bullets hitting the wall next to them. The source of this interruption is to the opposite side of the wall, where a Pawn Shop called Obchodnik's Obstravaganza! has appeared ad hoc. Standing behind the main desk is the man himself, a smoking shotgun in his hands. "Greeting my friends! That was my shotgun surprise trick! The shotgun is old but good way of killing many people at once, da? This pump shotgun could be of your ownership for a very low buying! I price this shotgun at $300 Zielons, but I sell it to special friends for lower price of $200! Great much savings!"

Kelly has been Mostly silent paging through the book blinking seemingly fascianted.

The book goes over the fundamental properties of various toxic gases, from classics such as Carbon Monoxide, Chlorine Gas and Hydrogen Sulfide, to the more exotic that exist only in other languages and translate to names such as "Wyvern's Embrace", "Angel Piss" and "Friendly Man Who Waves To You And Befriends You Taking You To Places Like Parks and Movie Theaters And Furthering His Relationship With You Until One Day He Stabs You With A Knife After You Make An Unintentionally Insulting Remark About His New Shoes".

Woodsworth's voice chimes in on each Cazadore's communication network.

"We've identified a new Anomaly. Everyone that would like to come on the next mission is to report to the War Room On-Board as quickly as possible. This Mission requires at least 9 Cazadores, with a maximum of 12. Hope to see you there! ^_^"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 12, 2016, 12:02:29 am »

Johnny swiftly reports to the War Room.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 12, 2016, 12:05:22 am »

Twilight, hearing Woodsworth's alert, trots over and shakes Starlight awake. After filling Starlight in, they walk to the briefing room, Starlight reluctantly as she doesn't know what to expect.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 12, 2016, 12:05:30 am »

Samson gathers his things and heads off to war.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 12, 2016, 12:22:10 am »

Kelly quietly adjusts her gasmask and heads to get some of kinda equipment if possible such as a gun or the like before joining the mission
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 12, 2016, 12:31:19 am »

"Ah, to Hell with it. I'll find some other place to shop later."
Mega proceeds to hightail it to the ship, and to the briefing room.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 12, 2016, 02:42:45 am »

<Best finish this then.>

Nixil pushes forward more aggressively, focusing on large, rather telegraphed swings of the tail as distractions, before going for a precise thrust once there is an opening.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:46:37 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 12, 2016, 03:45:22 am »

"Oh, how positively exciting." It holds up a paw to the two girls. "My apologies, I haven't even introduced myself yet - I have named myself the Amender, although in the past I have been known as the Judge. Those who were close to me, however, knew me as simply Pablo."
carrot cakeu

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 12, 2016, 04:20:35 am »

(I can see how I'm not wanted for this game, having my turns outright ignored.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 12, 2016, 04:55:31 am »

((To be fair, with the amount of posts, it's easy to miss someone, especially without bolded text.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 123