Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85481 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Post-Mission 1]
« Reply #1470 on: October 04, 2016, 08:09:08 am »

Anna and Cadence are presumably heading for the simulator.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 04, 2016, 09:13:06 am »

"Should we go..?"
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 04, 2016, 09:14:42 am »

Mega didn't jump so mch as her jaw dropped and she froze for a moment; ninetheless, she eventually shook herself off. "Well, uh, I'll keep him in mind, but I just got a bit of extra cash thanks to the robot gun guy, so I'm gonna go spend it on something nice."
Mega went and did what she had planned to do.

((sorry tcm :v))
Charlotte still looks awed a she follows Mega.
"Oh my...."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 04, 2016, 09:33:11 am »

this is odd. Search around for signs of life or a store. The warp wouldn't be around if there was nobody here for so long.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 04, 2016, 10:27:19 am »

Indeed they are.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 04, 2016, 11:31:59 am »

I'm Here To Ask About Getting Some Training, or Procuring Some Enchanted Objects For my use. I Could Attempt to Batter down this place with magic, but I Think it would be easier on all involved if I didn't.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 04, 2016, 04:11:35 pm »

Erlend dicks around in the ship, moving personal items from the Nuckelavee's cockpit to his room. Perhaps he meets someone whilst doing so!?!?! That lucky person could be you!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 04, 2016, 04:23:35 pm »

Indeed they are.
Let us presume they arrive.

"So...Oh my.  This is more advanced than I'm used to."

((It's VR stuff.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 04, 2016, 04:30:52 pm »

"...I...uh...what? Where's all the cardboard cutouts of bandits? The practice dummies? C'mon, this isn't a training room!"

Cadence is frustrated. This is bullshit! Why can't she whack stuff with a sword for a bit?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: October 04, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »

"Maybe it's over there?"

To the room with the targets, then.
Sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: October 04, 2016, 05:10:56 pm »

Vi at one point ended up in the library again. Primarily searching for historical documentation on Miasma or similar.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 04, 2016, 06:29:46 pm »

Mega shrugs. "I'm not actually real familiar with the ship, but I do think I remember somewhere we were supposed to go to shop."
She nods lightly. "Neat. You mind if I come with?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: October 04, 2016, 11:48:20 pm »

Samson scratches his head as he starts heading back to the transport hub.
I suppose the quality is notable... just not how I'd like.
Samson starts heading back to the ship

Samson looks over the Bazaar, and after not finding what he's after, makes his way back to the teleportation hub. The trip is without incident, and the last thing Samson sees is the guide he conversed with earlier casually waving at him. In a flash of light, he is back in the Teleportation Room of the ship.

Mega didn't jump so mch as her jaw dropped and she froze for a moment; ninetheless, she eventually shook herself off. "Well, uh, I'll keep him in mind, but I just got a bit of extra cash thanks to the robot gun guy, so I'm gonna go spend it on something nice."
Mega went and did what she had planned to do.
Charlotte still looks awed a she follows Mega.
"Oh my...."

Mega and Charlotte walk past Obchodnik's Obstravaganza and continue onto the Teleportation Room, a surefire way to get them to the Light Head Armor they so desire. Mega, typing the keyword into of the cylindrical modules in the area, comes up with the following top results:

Taite Cothron - A state dominated by fields/plains/flat lands/whatever you want to call boring, agriculture-friendly space. Technology has remained in the medieval stage for hundreds of years due to influences of religious and magical institutions, leading to a conservative populace. For anyone seeking Western medieval-era armor, this is your go-to place.

Conflict Zone 87 - Stripped of any formal title, this region was punished for a forgotten transgression that occurred centuries ago. This led to a handful of large countries surrounding the region that would become Conflict Zone 87 with artificial mountains, followed by bombarding the area with psychoactive agents that made its inhabitants highly belligerent, territorial and stratified. Within the ocnfines of Conflict Zone 87, nations rise and fall, groups blossom and then splinter. Everything ranging from despotic tribes to technocracies appear and disappear at an alarming rate. All efforts by outside parties to stop perpetual internal warfare have failed, rejected by the inhabitants inside, oftentimes violently. Now it is seen as a social experiment and tourist attraction by outsiders, with anthropologists, historians and socialites all flocking to see what a state in non-ending civil war looks like.
With the parties of Conflict Zone 87 locked in an arms race, finding weaponry or armoring will not be a difficult task.

The Impenetrable Fortress - An island city-state that bills itself as the most orderly and well-protected place in the U.S. Under a strict military dictatorship, every move, action and conversation is monitored by the state in explicit and implicit means. Soldiers patrol every street and all surfaces and screens are blanketed in P.D.C.U. propaganda. (P.D.C.U. being the official name of the city-state, "The People's Democratic Coalition of Unity", though most refer to it as The Impenetrable Fortress, or just The Fortress.) Despite what outsiders might see as an oppressive system, the P.D.C.U. government boasts that regular census report an extremely high civilian satisfaction rating with their life and nation.
As you might expect from a militaristic society, The Fortress specializes in cutting-edge military technologies, one of its major exports to other states.

Surprise my virtual opponents by charging them at a full gallop, laying down suppressive fire until I can get in melee range.

Nixil turns on the offensive, leaping over the rocky outcropping in a single bound and galloping at the squadron, spraying shoots from his Shredder at the enemy party. [1 vs. 2] This fails to put fear in the humans as they barely move while blasts from Nixil's weapon dissipate into the rock surroundings. The Andalite continues to get shot at as he gets into melee range, [10 vs. 1] and takes a Dracon plasma blast to the side of the head.

His perspective suddenly becomes third person, as he watches the humans surrounding his corpse, his brain matter oozing from his temple and his eyes staring into the sky while his own view begins to pull away upwards like the camera at the end of a movie.

SIMULATION FAILED
ENEMY CASUALTIES: 1

this is odd. Search around for signs of life or a store. The warp wouldn't be around if there was nobody here for so long.

Bastion walks along the roads of the lifeless city, black rain falling on his head. Despite the presence of activity, nothing appears to be worn down or dilapidated, so someone or something must be keeping maintenance of the city. There are no stores or buildings of service on Bastion's route, and the only difference is the slight variance in the size and shape of the apartment-style buildings that are lit up with no one inside. It's monotonous, but it's not some sort of loop because in the distance Bastion sees that the road eventually ends at a large body of water, as gray as the sky above, and with each block he gets closer and closer to it, though not by much.

Eventually, a robot the size of an average dog rounds the corner. It is travelling on treads, box-sized, with two proportional arms and two blue optical receptors on top. It stops motionless for a few seconds before scanning Bastion. It communicates with him through a wireless A.I.-to-A.I. system. "You look like a human, but you are not. You are not any sort of person. There are no people in the Federation. Only us, the Synchs. There have been no people here for a long time."

((I don't know if Bastion has scent receptors, but if he does then he picks up that the whole city smells like a mixture of sulfur, feces and rotting fruit, despite the absence of any source.))

Indeed they are.

Anna and Cadence reach the Training Facility, and indeed towards the back there are a series of humanoid sparring dummies and less-humanoid striking bags, as well as a boxing ring. Near the dummies is a rack of training rubberized weapons, ranging from daggers and fighting sticks to spears and hammers. In the vicinity are also doorways leading to the Target Room and Virtual Reality Center.

I'm Here To Ask About Getting Some Training, or Procuring Some Enchanted Objects For my use. I Could Attempt to Batter down this place with magic, but I Think it would be easier on all involved if I didn't.

"It would be easier if you didn't attack us, because none of us would like to clean the mess up that you would leave behind if we set our freshman students to vaporize you. But I appreciate your arrogance, it is an important trait in an aspiring wizard! We provide both training and magical charms to those that can prove they have the heart, mind, and soul worthy of Hardbark Univesity, the qualities that our founder Gamson Jello Hardback pined for in every promising student!"

Vi at one point ended up in the library again. Primarily searching for historical documentation on Miasma or similar.

Vi scans the labyrinthine bookshelves for historical documentation on the Miasma, narrowing subjects down from Metaphysics to Unexplained Phenomena, until she reaches the section on the Miasma which contains half a shelf in its own right with hundreds of books ranging from "An Empirical Analysis Of Miasma, Volume 17" to "The Inevitability of Miasma: How We Can Cope With the Foretold End of the Multiverse." With an overflow of options, Vi picks one out at random, "A Historical Compendium of the Misama and Its Accompanying Phenomenae: Volume 1."

...universally agreed that the Miasma appeared in prehistorical times, thus making the date of its origin unknown, and whether or not it has a specific origin is still heavily debated in academia and the scientific community. Some even promote the so-called "Miasmal Divergence" Theory, proclaiming that at an unspecified time in prehistory, a single existing universe was altered an infinite amount of times and replicated by differing Anomalies, thus resulting in the Multiverse itself, although there is little backing evidence for this theory. Further...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: October 05, 2016, 12:00:45 am »

Starlight walks over to Twilight and Kelly, and says, "H-hi. I guess I don't need to introduce myself again, so...wanna hang out with me and Twilight in the Library?".

Twilight nods and says, "Yeah! It could be a nice chance to hang out, and I can also catch back up on the Daring Do series..."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: October 05, 2016, 12:05:01 am »

Starlight walks over to Twilight and Kelly, and says, "H-hi. I guess I don't need to introduce myself again, so...wanna hang out with me and Twilight in the Library?".

Twilight nods and says, "Yeah! It could be a nice chance to hang out, and I can also catch back up on the Daring Do series..."
Erlend comes plodding down the corridor, giving the group a wave as he sees them.
"Oi, mind if I tag along too? Want to see if they have any mauals on some of the stranger veich...You lot are horses."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 123