Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [SG] Draconic Dominion  (Read 6797 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Draconic Dominion
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 10:24:04 pm »

Name: Erorua
Race: Green Dragon
I support this one. Healing stuff is fun sometimes.
+1, but be Male instead. It's easier to make half-dragon minions and daughters to marry away to secure alliances that way.

Life magic is a lot more versatile than most other types of magic: we can raise the dead (restore life to them), polymorph things, control creatures (through hormonal/pheromonal means), heal things... We're basically a druid, but without that messy "must protect nature" downside that most other druids have.

Creation of abominations against nature and sanity, goooooooo.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 02:20:24 am »

Illustrious Name: Talnakalnu Verespedain The Soon-to-possess-many-titles
Binary Gender: 0 False
Specific Race: Black Dragon

I like the idea of running a positive influence Black Dragon. We can use the threat of us killing them to make social and economic improvements.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 10:18:43 am »

+1, but be Male instead. It's easier to make half-dragon minions and daughters to marry away to secure alliances that way.

Life magic is a lot more versatile than most other types of magic: we can raise the dead (restore life to them), polymorph things, control creatures (through hormonal/pheromonal means), heal things... We're basically a druid, but without that messy "must protect nature" downside that most other druids have.

Male is ok. Life Dragon is huge and fun for us, because we can convince other people it's WORTH IT to do what we say. We're leading with a carrot instead of a stick. Also, we can actually back it up and deliver what we say. Elegance and Might (Magical) means we can carry through. We're not a fighter. So train them to defend themselves but cooperate among each other. Work those life magic spells to make abundance.

The green dragon makes no threatening moves, Wings folded over shoulders like a cape, waiting gently for villagers to come as they will. Eventually one will come out, if they don't, gently call, "I mean no harm and will speak to whoever leads here." 

These living things are just frightened. Life's abundance will lessen their fear. I can provide this. The price is less than they might think. I came upon a village of scared peasants; these people can be great. I will show them how. More crops, stronger herds, stronger clans. I value these lives. Will I even have to ask for their devotion or will they simply give it?

Obviously that's just an example start or something but yeah. It's pretty new or newer than "kill em all" right?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:33:52 am by Transcendant »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 12:23:25 pm »

I'd support a blue dragon if anyone wants to make one. Pretty well-rounded stats and the downside only matters if we use our extra action from the bonus, if I'm reading this correctly.

Edit:

Name: Miserath
Race: Blue Dragon
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 12:47:55 pm »

Male is ok. Life Dragon is huge and fun for us, because we can convince other people it's WORTH IT to do what we say. We're leading with a carrot instead of a stick. Also, we can actually back it up and deliver what we say. Elegance and Might (Magical) means we can carry through. We're not a fighter. So train them to defend themselves but cooperate among each other. Work those life magic spells to make abundance.

The green dragon makes no threatening moves, Wings folded over shoulders like a cape, waiting gently for villagers to come as they will. Eventually one will come out, if they don't, gently call, "I mean no harm and will speak to whoever leads here." 

These living things are just frightened. Life's abundance will lessen their fear. I can provide this. The price is less than they might think. I came upon a village of scared peasants; these people can be great. I will show them how. More crops, stronger herds, stronger clans. I value these lives. Will I even have to ask for their devotion or will they simply give it?

Obviously that's just an example start or something but yeah. It's pretty new or newer than "kill em all" right?
I think it's agreed we are green, and I agree to this action. male or female can wait, I think.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 09:42:28 pm »

Still accepting? if so:

Name: Alduin the world eater
Gender/sex: Male
Type: Red-ish (red) grey Dragon

"Ill devour this world and the next!"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 09:48:33 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 09:57:54 pm »

Still accepting? if so:

You do realize that this is an SG, right?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 08:45:20 am »

All~right. Sorry for the wait - somehow got a bit stumped on the races.
In the good news, the actual system, can be presented pretty much without many numbers, while at the same time accomendating complicated matters of state in the background. At least in theory. Well, we will see.

Else, is there a need to adjust the colours? Should I put out a few variations, and put them to the vote? I don't want to have any of my reades suffer from eye-cancer. ;3
Yes, there was a need to adjust the colours. Enjoy the new green scheme, now with at least 30% less eye-cancer!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:01:41 pm by escaped lurker »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 09:15:07 am »

obviously we are going to live underground (at least at the edge of it and the surface) and start a Dwarf fortress! Strike the earth, new minions!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2016, 09:59:40 am »

We should go underground with Mycelans. They're durable, grow fast, and are too dumb to betray us. Eventually, we might be able to get different races, anyway.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 10:38:33 am »

Realm: Arcania (The Surface Realm)
Race: High Elves
Approach: Diplomatic

Think about who and what we are. What are our strengths and weaknesses? What are others' strengths and weaknesses.
We're magical (might) and Diplomatic (elegance), plus we give fertility / healing, lessen sickness, etc.
Elves have domesticated beasts, personally are fragile / (not as fertile or healthy?) and have a realm full of life (we're a life dragon).

Think about it. We compliment each other perfectly and offset each other's weaknesses while playing to strengths.

We use a diplomatic approach (our elegance) and maybe magical (might). Us just being around makes everything better (more fertility and healing with less sickness). So that's something to offer right away, by helping the elves and their domesticated beasts. Plus we can probably help them with whatever they grow or hunt for food, or if they have herds or whatever. It is in the elves' best interest to be nice to us. In return, they should want to make us comfortable, because they have every reason to. We should be seen as at least equals and perhaps superior to them in time. 

Short term: Show the elves the blessings we bring, healing (no sickness), fertility, abundance. It is wonderful to be in the presence of a generous life dragon. Bring us your sick, your wounded, you of the frail folk. All life is precious, your kin and kind, your beasts, all. Show us your suffering and we will aid it. This immediately shows the benefits we give with no downside. The will ask us to stay. There is little downside to our being there as we make growing food easier including any we eat. We respect and protect the elves, because we are a life dragon. It is literally what we do.

Long Term: Keep it up and earn their devotion. We ask for such simple devotion and give such wonderful gifts. The lives of elves are precious to us and it pains us when they pass away (literally it's in our description for life dragon). Show the elves to turn their frailty to firmness. May the elves craft armor as scales. May they make swords as claws and spears as fangs. Let the elves be a beacon of life under our guiding banner. May they spread and show life to the other races.

Their arrows are our barbs, biting barbarians back. Their beasts: our bite.
Their spells are our blessings and bile (poison) beating back belligerence.
Our brood shall buttress life, the blessed (half dragons?) shall bolster life.

We are the life dragon. Long live life.

As in the previous example, be very polite and respectful of all elven customs we know of. Do not harm anything or come off as threatening. Simply ask politely to speak to their leader, whoever that may be. Explain our case, that we are the life dragon and love the long lived elves and their ways. We detest sickness and death. Ask to see their wounded, their ill and heal them (elf or beast). Be of benefit to the elves and hint that we make food easier to produce and may like some. Moreover, dragons do like having lairs....

We will give them more beasts (fertility boosts). We will cure their sick beasts and their sick friends. We shall aid their crops.

The elves will see us as a good ally, curing their ill, giving fertility to the fragile. The elves are a good people and will clearly see the benefit of being our allies. They will not betray us, because it is not in their best interest to do so. Also, we won't betray them, because it hurts us when they die (and they know this). What elf wouldn't want us to be on their side? Less sickness, more fertility for a fragile folk, high magic? Yes please.

Also we are a green dragon and would probably blend in well in the wilderness with all that green. We may even work our way into their religion. If anybody is going to worship life, it's probably the elves? In time we shall grow our brood and our subjects, as life is wonderful. They shall both be firm. Perhaps the elves will cooperate with the humans or the centaurs in time? There are so many threats to life among these realms so we shall strengthen life under our guiding banner in time.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:52:51 am by Transcendant »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 10:49:02 am »

Still accepting? if so:

You do realize that this is an SG, right?
yea it was a just in case thing,

oh I just remeberd what sg meant, sorry just woke up and when I made the sheet I was half asleep
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:51:00 am by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 10:59:06 am »

Realm: Arcania (The Surface Realm)
Race: High Elves
Approach: Diplomatic

Think about who and what we are. What are our strengths and weaknesses? What are others' strengths and weaknesses.
We're magical (might) and Diplomatic (elegance), plus we give fertility / healing, lessen sickness, etc.
Elves have domesticated beasts, personally are fragile / (not as fertile or healthy?) and have a realm full of life (we're a life dragon).

Think about it. We compliment each other perfectly and offset each other's weaknesses while playing to strengths.

We use a diplomatic approach (our elegance) and maybe magical (might). Us just being around makes everything better (more fertility and healing with less sickness). So that's something to offer right away, by helping the elves and their domesticated beasts. Plus we can probably help them with whatever they grow or hunt for food, or if they have herds or whatever. It is in the elves' best interest to be nice to us. In return, they should want to make us comfortable, because they have every reason to. We should be seen as at least equals and perhaps superior to them in time. 

Short term: Show the elves the blessings we bring, healing (no sickness), fertility, abundance. It is wonderful to be in the presence of a generous life dragon. Bring us your sick, your wounded, you of the frail folk. All life is precious, your kin and kind, your beasts, all. Show us your suffering and we will aid it. This immediately shows the benefits we give with no downside. The will ask us to stay. There is little downside to our being there as we make growing food easier including any we eat. We respect and protect the elves, because we are a life dragon. It is literally what we do.

Long Term: Keep it up and earn their devotion. We ask for such simple devotion and give such wonderful gifts. The lives of elves are precious to us and it pains us when they pass away (literally it's in our description for life dragon). Show the elves to turn their frailty to firmness. May the elves craft armor as scales. May they make swords as claws and spears as fangs. Let the elves be a beacon of life under our guiding banner. May they spread and show life to the other races.

Their arrows are our barbs, biting barbarians back. Their beasts: our bite.
Their spells are our blessings and bile (poison) beating back belligerence.
Our brood shall buttress life, the blessed (half dragons?) shall bolster life.

We are the life dragon. Long live life.

As in the previous example, be very polite and respectful of all elven customs we know of. Do not harm anything or come off as threatening. Simply ask politely to speak to their leader, whoever that may be. Explain our case, that we are the life dragon and love the long lived elves and their ways. We detest sickness and death. Ask to see their wounded, their ill and heal them (elf or beast). Be of benefit to the elves and hint that we make food easier to produce and may like some. Moreover, dragons do like having lairs....

We will give them more beasts (fertility boosts). We will cure their sick beasts and their sick friends. We shall aid their crops.

The elves will see us as a good ally, curing their ill, giving fertility to the fragile. The elves are a good people and will clearly see the benefit of being our allies. They will not betray us, because it is not in their best interest to do so. Also, we won't betray them, because it hurts us when they die (and they know this). What elf wouldn't want us to be on their side? Less sickness, more fertility for a fragile folk, high magic? Yes please.

Also we are a green dragon and would probably blend in well in the wilderness with all that green. We may even work our way into their religion. If anybody is going to worship life, it's probably the elves? In time we shall grow our brood and our subjects, as life is wonderful. They shall both be firm. Perhaps the elves will cooperate with the humans or the centaurs in time? There are so many threats to life among these realms so we shall strengthen life under our guiding banner in time.

+1 Let's work our way up to goddess of the elves and maybe other races too or whatever.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 11:03:01 am »

+1
No sig yet

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2016, 11:11:59 am »

And if stuff gets bad, then we have poison. We can probably work with that too if we have to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6