Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [SG] Draconic Dominion  (Read 6793 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Draconic Dominion
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 11:20:25 am »

Yes, ah. We shall build our loyal following by acts of life. Parents shall praise our healing their children. Farmers shall welcome better crops and healthier herds. Those devoted we have saved, blessed with more children, and abundance shall know our love and our life.

We shall expand our following with favored priests and the most favored of the favored shall be our half dragons, protectors and facilitators of life, abundance and good fortune. Our brood and our flock shall grow strong and favored in time with our blessings and benedictions.

May the frail become firm, the sick well, and the blessings of life be upon ye.

In time....

And if stuff gets bad, then we have poison. We can probably work with that too if we have to.

And woe betide the enemies of life and the bringers of death. For they shall taste the bile of the life dragon. In time, the elves may bear our blessings by their bows, arrows of bane and poison. Our sacrament to the aid the faithful, and snarl to the slayers of life.

:)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:23:29 am by Transcendant »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 11:23:40 am »

shouldn't we...yknow prep incase of an enemy?
No sig yet

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2016, 12:13:30 pm »

What enemy? The frail elves are gonna love us. If anything doesn't love us, then we have fatal poison, right?

No matter what we do, we're gonna have to try and do something with one of those places and races. There's really no other choice than to pick one of them. If the GM really wants to hose us right off the rip, then there isn't a ton we can do. I mean what else can we even do? Honestly.

We're coming up to them nicely, politely, and gently, and asking to heal their sick and give them good food harvests. What are they gonna say, "No. We like being sick and dying?" Let our sick and injured wilt and die off? Please don't solve any of our problems. Our frail race doesn't need healing, blessing and fertility from a life dragon and throw away this winning lottery ticket too. (Sorry I couldn't resist. I mean nothing bad by it).

We will have an army of healthy, well fed elves with spells and arrows on their home turf. They couldn't have survived this long if they didn't already know how to defend it. We're going to help them get even better at that.

I'm honestly not sure what else a life dragon could do? Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 12:34:21 pm by Transcendant »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 12:35:45 pm »

What enemy? The frail elves are gonna love us. If anything doesn't love us, then we have fatal poison, right?

No matter what we do, we're gonna have to try and do something with one of those places and races. There's really no other choice than to pick one of them. If the GM really wants to hose us right off the rip, then there isn't a ton we can do. I mean what else can we even do? Honestly.

We're coming up to them nicely, politely, and gently, and asking to heal their sick and give them good food harvests. What are they gonna say, "No. We like being sick and dying?" Let our sick and injured wilt and die off? Please don't solve any of our problems. Our frail race doesn't need healing, blessing and fertility from a life dragon and throw away this winning lottery ticket too. (Sorry I couldn't resist. I mean nothing bad by it).

We will have an army of healthy, well fed elves with spells and arrows on their home turf. They couldn't have survived this long if they didn't already know how to defend it. We're going to help them get even better at that.

I meant those who are not elves, Other dragons, warlocks, kings etc
No sig yet

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2016, 12:47:46 pm »

Have any ideas for solutions?

Longterm, we've got an army of healthy, highly skilled bow elves and elf mages who love us for curing their ills.Same thing with their beasts. Long term, joining us might be better than fighting us for many. Those who don't have boosted elves who don't get sick and have an expert healing dragon. Possibly with some fatally poison tipped arrows.
Shortterm, we've got poison breath. That'll take care of things logic won't, except maybe other Dragons. We have a low aggression score but a high might (magic) score. If we have to, I'd say magic is our best shot? Otherwise, we're a healer.... Kind of a druid?

Also funny thing about our breath weapon, we can undo it if we have to: like curing the poison maybe?

Without something to work with. I'm shooting in the dark here.

Really fully 4 out of 8 possible dragon types have a 1 aggression from the menu we could choose from on the first post (Yellow, Brown, Black, and Green). The other three are 2 aggression (Purple, Blue, White), and only Red is 4 aggression. We would've been in a similar boat if we chose any of those without the (we make everything grow) thing to convince people to follow us.

If a non dragon enemy goes against us, we have bolstered elves and heal up the damage, plus they must've had some way to defend themselves before we got here or they'd all be dead? Right? Boost them up even more and we're good, plus we have our own magic and breath weapon.

It really depends on how the DM wants to go with this and what we can accomplish in his or her system.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:59:21 pm by Transcendant »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2016, 02:15:39 pm »

Well, yes, actually. Let me quote the op; "[A green dragon] is proficient in calling forth all manners of healing and blessings."
Hm. Yes, that's kinda my bad. Let me explain. The two keywords in that sentence are neither "Healing" nor "Blessings", but "Dragon" and "Proficient".

We are a being of power. We herd mortals, and form nations, for our convenience alone. If such a being is called "proficient" in an area of magic, well, then that means "proficient if compared to its kin". I mean, we are so full of life energy, that we passively beam it at our surroundings. Changing our inherent mana into something else, isn't much of a problem either - though there obviously will be losses in that conversion. In essence, there isn't actually a limit to what we can do, but rather on the result which we will get.

All in all, I'd describe it as reasonable free-form. On that note; "Aggression", "Eloquence" and "Might" - it can't really get much less specific, without the words loosing their intent, right?

On another note, the fragility of the elves, is meant as what I though was the most common use of the word. To put it clearly, they are rather lanky, with wry muscles. Just the type that doesn't do good with heavy armour, or taking hits in general.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2016, 02:34:07 pm »

Ok.

So we offer the elves life magic services in exchange for them liking /loyalty? Slowly work our way up to herding their nation / religion with the ultimate goal of being seen as awesome and worthy of worship by them. All the while we build them up as our loyal followers / defenders / army? (unless we can do it quick but let's not push it)? Then we expand our brood with full dragons, half dragons, and expand our power?

We have more flexible magic powers, but are better at using life magic? Neat. Useful. Thank you.

Let's build a nation where we protect the elves by making them stronger loyal subjects long term (we get messed up if our subjects die, so let's minimize our weakness by making subjects stronger)? Stronger subjects mean they can do more for us and won't get killed. More loyal subjects means they won't want to betray us?

Do I have something close to it?

What would you like us to do? :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:40:34 pm by Transcendant »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2016, 09:09:20 pm »

+1 dilpo elf strats
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2016, 09:51:53 pm »

Obviously Fae or Salamanders.
Fey are a great race except for their tools, and we can help them develop organic technologies to build complex tools from superior floral and faunal materials. Otherwise they are a strong race with a speed advantage to perform well in situations that would be difficult for us to intercede directly.
Salamanders would seem at odds with our kife skills. But in emergencies we should be able to directly counter the effects of low temperatures and with the local dependence upon luminous mosses there should be massive potential abuse of floral manipulation, quickly spreading light where needed and recovering swiftly from the loss of such light. Maybe we could eventually produce a thermal moss and thermal-resistant life-forms to enhance the populations that thermal regions can support. Otherwise, the Salamanders are a really strong race with just a little bit of a downside that we ought be able to improve greatly.

Myrania
Fey
Offer teaching, learning, and knowledge of natural materials.

Terania
Salamanders
Bring gifts of food, offer to teach them agriculture.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2016, 09:54:32 pm »

I'll be entirely honest escaped lurker, if you could provide a spoiled section that has the content in not colors, that would be greatly appreciated. You have a fantastic aesthetic in this game, but reading fluorescent contrasts is a bit rough.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2016, 01:52:31 am »

shouldn't we...yknow prep incase of an enemy?
That's what we have the custom-made Forgotten Beasts that we mutated common farm animals into for.

+1 to High Elves + Diplomacy. The elves have an affinity for magic (so they might be able to help us in rituals and such) and start with a wide variety of animals (for us to mutate) and animal-related infrastructure.

We should go underground with Mycelans. They're durable, grow fast, and are too dumb to betray us. Eventually, we might be able to get different races, anyway.
-1. Since Mycelans breed fast and die often, they'll trigger the drawback we got from our race far more often than normal. Then again, maybe that will help us build up a tolerance...

High Elves are still far superior, though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:15:34 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 01:57:27 am »

Actually, Dark Elves + Diplomacy might be interesting as well. If we're going to be mutating our own animals, we don't really need to start with a variety of creatures, and the (assumed) scarcity of food in the core might help increase the demand for our racial ability...

Then again, we can probably alter the genetics of our High Elves later so that they have the Dark Elves' affinity with magic.

Do spells that are cast and/or brought into the core have a boosted power level or something? Depending on how big the boost is, that might sway me to vote for Dark Elves + Diplomacy instead of High Elves + Diplomacy.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:00:57 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2016, 02:14:06 am »

I think I'm going to go with Dark Elves + Diplomacy instead of High Elves + Diplomacy. Dark Elven culture seems better than High Elven culture.

+1 to Dark Elves + Diplomacy, unless Dark Elves + Diplomacy isn't going to win or tie the vote with my vote and High Elves+Diplomacy is tied with something else.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:17:26 am by ATHATH »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2016, 03:00:24 am »

Just wandering what do you make the graphics with?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2016, 09:31:45 am »

We should go underground with Mycelans. They're durable, grow fast, and are too dumb to betray us. Eventually, we might be able to get different races, anyway.

+1, they sound like they're Funguys  :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6