Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48

Author Topic: Periapsis Academy OOC thread  (Read 25957 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Periapsis Academy OOC thread
« Reply #585 on: October 23, 2016, 05:19:48 pm »

Have I been doing a good job? Like do you think Sasha is intresting and has the game  benefited from having her?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 23, 2016, 05:57:58 pm »

Since everyone's asking, I will: How am I doing with Ashley? I know I should have participated much more in the investigation, but apart from that?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 23, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »

Since everyone's asking, I will: How am I doing with Ashley? I know I should have participated much more in the investigation, but apart from that?
I really like Ashley! You've done a great job at making her relatable, and she's the one who managed to kind of SALA age the mess after the first trial.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 23, 2016, 06:04:36 pm »

I like ashley as well though I don't know much about them probably will have to change that.... considering you fixed Sasha's fuck up...she kinda will want to speak with you so.... Expect something. :P

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 23, 2016, 06:24:40 pm »

Have I been doing a good job? Like do you think Sasha is intresting and has the game  benefited from having her?
If/When this game finishes, I will write an AAR. Given the nature of the thing, it'll need a protagonist.

Sasha will be that protagonist. Or Ito, I suppose, since she's been fairly Protagonisty, but Sasha feels a bit more vibrant.

You're doing fine. I'm definitely getting some Asahina/Sonia Nevermind level sidekick vibes from her - which is a pretty vital role, in a story!

Does she have any sort of relationship with Akane? I've been figuring they were probably trained by the same old Ghetto Miyagi, since Akane says in one of her FTEs that she was trained in Parkour rather than pure sport gymnastics, and she only does the sport to make money.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 23, 2016, 06:28:10 pm »

In this AAR, what would Asmi's role be? Kind-of shady fellow detective or investigator, ala Kyoko Kirigiri?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 23, 2016, 06:28:30 pm »

She well might, although I'm not sure how likely that'd be given Ashley's American and Akane is Japanese.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 23, 2016, 06:37:01 pm »

She well might, although I'm not sure how likely that'd be given Ashley's American and Akane is Japanese.
Canon has it that Hope's Peak was looking to expand outside of Japan right before the Tragedy, so it's not too out there to suggest Ashley and Akane met there; You'd want to get the old students acclimated with the new cultures, so she could be an exchange student. Hope's Peak also runs middle and elementary schools.

It's really up to you though. I'd be willing to be Ashley and Akane have at least heard of one another though.

In this AAR, what would Asmi's role be? Kind-of shady fellow detective or investigator, ala Kyoko Kirigiri?
Quiet but smart. I'd say less Kyoko and more Chiaki; Asmi's good at making the jumps to different things, but she needs other people to explain for her. She's also got a few more Mukuro traits, like being more likely to just shut her mouth and glare at people if they're being idiots, rather than her Chiaki trait of leading people on with pointed questioning. Look at last trial; Asmi doesn't like to raise her voice, so she tends to get stomped out by the Extroverts in any greater discussion. On the other hand, if she can hook up with an E-type person such as Askia, Castle, or Dani, they can be the mouthpiece and Asmi is very very good at sniffing out information.

I'd actually say Castle works out as the Kirigiri of the group; that is, if he can hurdle his more... Yasuhiro tendencies...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 23, 2016, 06:50:20 pm »

Nah castle is byakuya in the group

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 23, 2016, 08:31:59 pm »

Since everyone asked it I might as well too, whatchya think of Yuki? And am I doing well?

If/When this game finishes, I will write an AAR. Given the nature of the thing, it'll need a protagonist.

Sasha will be that protagonist. Or Ito, I suppose, since she's been fairly Protagonisty, but Sasha feels a bit more vibrant.
Really? I wasn't exactly trying to be all protagonist but, I guess she has been thinking about it...huh.
If hes a byakuya he is a kindish/fair version who has reasons to hate people...and by people I mean sasha...Also Castle for ultimate judge/vigilante
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 23, 2016, 08:34:17 pm »

By the way:

Exactly how would you write a character as a protagonist in this kind of game? It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would have one.
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 23, 2016, 08:35:24 pm »

That's a question only I and kharne knows.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 24, 2016, 08:19:29 am »

If hes a byakuya he is a kindish/fair version who has reasons to hate people...and by people I mean sasha...Also Castle for ultimate judge/vigilante

Funfact Grimm Castle is based on my Grandtheft auto online charecter Tarek Jones who is a Vigilante who hunts down bounties. Tho Grimm is a bit more colorful and a bit less prone to blowing up small sections of Los Santos.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 24, 2016, 08:26:08 am »

By the way:

Exactly how would you write a character as a protagonist in this kind of game? It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would have one.
Kharne is apparently writing an AAR about this? I'm not entirely sure either, but I'm not the one in charge of this game.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 24, 2016, 10:17:35 pm »

The AAR is planned for if/when I finish. It'll basically be a more polished rereading of the thread, with occasional interludes for NPC chatter nobody was around to hear, such as Hideaki talking to Maria about his Sasha concerns, or Pedro tapping Danis FTE and convincing her to include him on the PLN, which gave him the PLAN.

And the scene where Pedro gets the escape button and tosses it into the incinerator.

Sasha is the planned protagonist for now, but you're right; it's a multiplayer game. She's not going to be able to have all the fun. You guys shouldn't worry about the gaze shifting unduly on her. She does have some very interesting secrets though.

And Yuki is a lot of fun to watch try to deal with everything. Sasha reads like Emiya Shirou, but Ito reads like Makoto Naegi.

If I had only had the forethought to put in a Madoka Kaname type into the story...

Oh wait

I did

Puhuhuhu

Quickedit: almost forgot to post what I originally meant to: my computer is dead and needs to be sent in for repairs. Unfortunately, the game is on hiatus while that's happening.

During the meantime, I will be brainstorming possible murder plots given floor 2. And writing them down. Then there will be a block of FTEs once I return. And then, and only then, will the second... Case... Happen. So I'm not abandoning you guys.

You can expect sparse updates from my phone but nothing complex. It's hard to type with my meaty manfingers.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:21:32 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48