Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70037 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #540 on: October 21, 2016, 03:53:32 pm »

Discourage desertion with some pain spikes to the cowards' legs.

Missed me.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 21, 2016, 06:53:09 pm »

I... am honestly quite unsure what to do now.  You mentioned a clarity of purpose; perhaps you could specify how that stuff is supposed to be interpreted?  I have no idea what the symbolism of the moon means here, and I only have a vauge idea of what the rash of red dots might mean.

I guess regardless of the meaning, Dar'yajira will thank the twolegs profusely, and state that he is greatly indebted to them; if they have any request of him that could be completed within a reasonable time, he would quite happily complete it to repay them.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 21, 2016, 09:42:35 pm »

Discourage desertion with some pain spikes to the cowards' legs.

Missed me.
All six of the deserters fall to the ground, writhing in agony and clutching various points on their legs.

I... am honestly quite unsure what to do now.  You mentioned a clarity of purpose; perhaps you could specify how that stuff is supposed to be interpreted?  I have no idea what the symbolism of the moon means here, and I only have a vauge idea of what the rash of red dots might mean.

I guess regardless of the meaning, Dar'yajira will thank the twolegs profusely, and state that he is greatly indebted to them; if they have any request of him that could be completed within a reasonable time, he would quite happily complete it to repay them.

the presence (the god) was directing Dar to go outside, in no uncertain terms. That is, Dar knew exactly what the god, through the gem, wanted him to do. And the gem pointed Dar to the moon, because that is where Dar's master is. Dar may have a notion about the red dots, but the only one the gem gave him a direct clue about was the Burning Vale - that was the focal point of the bad men's activity. As for the other stuff, well, gods sometimes attempt to communicate things to mortals, and sometimes the mortals even grasp a small part of it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 21, 2016, 10:07:10 pm »

I presume water put the fire out, get up and charge the robot and try and disable it while it's down. Order  the soldiers to help.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 22, 2016, 01:49:25 am »

((will post tomorrow morning))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 22, 2016, 01:34:26 pm »

Terrance projects its voice directly into the soldiers' ear drums. Or, rather, the nerves in the soldiers' ear drums.

"IF YOU WISH TO MAXIMIZE YOUR ODDS OF SURVIVAL, YOU WILL RETURN TO YOUR SWORDS."

Slowly ease off the pain spell. If any soldiers attempt to run, break the current spell, and refocus all of my efforts on targeting just them.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 22, 2016, 02:18:21 pm »

I try to destroy the flamer by using my ball and chain and strengthening my attack with my magic (wrecking ball). I'll make sure that the machine keeps being toppled over.
I say what is stated below.

"Come on ya soldier bastards. Fight while we have tha change."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 22, 2016, 03:07:13 pm »

Ah.  Well then, Dar'yajira will thank the twolegs profusely, and state that he is greatly indebted to them; if they have any request of him that could be completed within a reasonable time, he would quite happily complete it to repay them.

Aside from that, where is the Burning Vale?  It isn't marked on the map you drew for us.  How long would it take Dar to get there?  Thanks, Oz!  If the priests don't have any requests of Dar, he'll somewhat meekly return to Alaran, as he knows he won't be able to disappear for long enough to travel that entire distance.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 22, 2016, 03:49:06 pm »

Bottom of the map:

Code: [Select]
                                          ^^         |                               X = mechanist shop
                                             ^^        \                              @ = Dar's map markers
                    @                            ^^^^    \                            ^ = mountain
                                           @        ^^^^^ \     the rock              ~= river
                          ~               Dar       X     /  O
                            ~~                           /
                              ~                         /
           ^^          ~~     ~~                       |
         ^            ~   ~     ~ Arelinth             |
       ^^            ~      ~~~ O~                      \
   ^^^                 @           ~~~~~                 |
 ^^^                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~     /
^^                                                 ~~~~~O   Port Heron
                                                         |
                                                          |
                                                         /
                               ___                     /
                              /  @\                   /
                             / the \                 /
                             \hive /               _/
                              \___/             __/
                                               /
                                              /
                  Burning Vale               /
                     @                    /

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 24, 2016, 05:05:41 pm »

Lenglon's bit is concluded, and Aylia flies to the Colony this round.

I presume water put the fire out, get up and charge the robot and try and disable it while it's down. Order the soldiers to help.
You get up and wade, cursing, though the water. You stop a moment when you reach the machine, resting with a hand on it's brass side, calling out to the soldiers, who are off twitching on the ground. To punctuate your orders, you drive your sword into a gap in the machine's armor where one of the arms comes out. The weapon jams, and so does the arm.

Terrance projects its voice directly into the soldiers' ear drums. Or, rather, the nerves in the soldiers' ear drums.

"IF YOU WISH TO MAXIMIZE YOUR ODDS OF SURVIVAL, YOU WILL RETURN TO YOUR SWORDS."

Slowly ease off the pain spell. If any soldiers attempt to run, break the current spell, and refocus all of my efforts on targeting just them.
Your encouragements are met with reluctant obedience. Reluctant at first, but between yourself, spaz, and loki, you manage to convince them to attack, and even stir up some warrior spirit. Now all ten soldiers begin beating on the machine, trying to pull it apart. it is pretty sturdily made though.

I try to destroy the flamer by using my ball and chain and strengthening my attack with my magic (wrecking ball). I'll make sure that the machine keeps being toppled over.
I say what is stated below.

"Come on ya soldier bastards. Fight while we have tha change."
You smash the flamer, bending it sideways and opening a leak in it's supply hose, which dribbles into the already lit flame, and ignites. One side of the machine is slowly being engulfed in flame, making it pretty hot and forcing some soldiers back.

Ah.  Well then, Dar'yajira will thank the twolegs profusely, and state that he is greatly indebted to them; if they have any request of him that could be completed within a reasonable time, he would quite happily complete it to repay them.

Aside from that, where is the Burning Vale?  It isn't marked on the map you drew for us.  How long would it take Dar to get there?  Thanks, Oz!  If the priests don't have any requests of Dar, he'll somewhat meekly return to Alaran, as he knows he won't be able to disappear for long enough to travel that entire distance.

the priests declare that they are happy to have served, fed you again before you set out, and offer up prayers for your journey. You will arrive at the Colony next turn.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 24, 2016, 05:13:32 pm »

Finish my flight to the colony, check if the other messenger arrived yet, deliver the Baron's message, and all probably done in a tablecloth again unless someone has some clothes I can borrow.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 24, 2016, 06:01:00 pm »

Snap off the arm! Then jam it into more joints
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 24, 2016, 09:20:29 pm »

Dar'yajira will first locate Alaran, to ensure he hasn't moved on.  Dar won't announce his return or anything though, as hopefully nobody even knows he left.  After Alaran is located, Dar'll wander around a bit burning time, maybe hunt some of those smallfasts he saw when last at the colony.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 24, 2016, 10:00:34 pm »

Twiddle my... well, twiddle something. Maybe have a chat with the Pendant of Tales. Let the grunts do the grunt work.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 25, 2016, 10:37:42 am »

I will just stand back and watch it burn.
"Hey, Jack and (unimportant nameless) soldiers. Let's just stand back an' watch it burn."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44