Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69997 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #510 on: October 13, 2016, 02:01:42 pm »

Wait for people to get injured, and dole out pain-numbing spells accordingly.

((Not much I can do here.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 13, 2016, 03:13:46 pm »

Do the thing. I'll try to flood it's systems again using spontaneous drownage when everone's ready.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 14, 2016, 10:10:41 pm »

I'll trust the Eye to continue to monitor the Baron while I fly ahead to the camp and the clothes drop point, getting a basic overview of their destination, making sure I'll have no trouble finding the clothes, and getting a look at them and what social settings and practical uses they'll be good for... and how I'll have to shift to make them fit right. I then give Alaran a heads-up that I plan on contacting the Baron, and that I'll have my commstone on me when I do. My intended tack is to simply tell him the truth - that the machinists had been unaware of the problem until we had contacted them, and that they are immediately attempting to discover the source and extent of the damage, with the investigation ongoing.
the clothes are simple, forester type clothing. sturdy and presentable, but not exactly high class. So you'll appear as a skilled tradeperson of the woods, but not as a social equal to the baron or his advisors. your bow and other weaponry is with them, so you can at least present as a ranger, or ranger in training. You advise Alaran of your intentions, and he sounds uncertain, and urges you to be careful. otherwise, he seems distracted. He does say he hopes you can talk the Baron out of his current course, but he is skeptical. he seems approving of hte honesty tack, but adds a few suggestions on what you can tell the baron to do with which body parts in which order. You'll have to post this round how you want to approach him, because he will be arriving at your little rendeszvous any moment, with the intent of getting to the camp within the hour, at which point you'll have to deal with the flurry of activity at the war camp, and he'll probably be surrounded by business.

Actually, Dar'yajira did mention to Noir that he would be going to Durnvale (see spoiler below), though he didn't actually say the name, much less its location.  Regardless, both Noir and Dar have commstones, so she could just ask him where he is.  He would quite happily give her directions.

Spoiler:  Below (click to show/hide)

Anyway, as far as Dar's action, he'll happily describe his master and the assailants, though his perception of what identifies a human is likely significantly different from what a human's perception is.

...And yes, I'm working on that PM.  Occasionally.  I'm terrible about procrastination, okay? >.>

the two men sit and listen for a while, asking short, simple questions to keep the story flowing. after a bit, the older man raises a hand. "I think we've learned all we can. We'll need to seek the favor of the god now. Please accompany us. We'll light some candles and burn some inscence, and present an offering." here the older man looks at you for a moment. "this offering is usually strongest when one presents something of significance or import to the seeker, and to the situation. Have you anything you can offer that might strengthen our appeal to the god?"

((okay, so you indicated to Noir that you were going to the mech's colony and onward. I'll allow her ot attempt to follow you there then, if she can find her way somehow.))

noir is quiet looking at Dessmo and nods
"Just show me where I need to go and I'll go and have a talk with him."
Say the above and follow him if he is leading me to where I can meet baron.
((hey, if you want to go chasing after Dar instead, lay out how you would go about searching for him. He did say he was going to the mechanists' shop and then to a nearby town.))
"Well, the baron isn't here yet, but if you stick with me, I'll be meeting him shortly after he arrives in the camp."

I am going to tell them to gather up to either side of me nd the group in a line going back away from the robot with the task to attack its legs at the joints first and then its sensors and weaponry afterwards as soon assuper soaker is done with his water attack. They are to wait.
Once they start attacking it and it seems like it has been drawn in torwards us and we are fighting it in melee I am going to help.

Drawing it back by throwing stones at it, aiming for any glass or exposed machinery, otherwise the flamer

With stones or sword I shall focus on the flame thingy

I'm not exactly clear on what you are describing here. can you try again? I don't want to misread your battle plans. But note - this thing doesn't have legs. it has treads.

Do the thing. I'll try to flood it's systems again using spontaneous drownage when everone's ready.
okay. not this turn. i am still trying to understand spaz' action.

patience is a virtue. You will have patients soon.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 14, 2016, 10:25:15 pm »

((Eh If Dessmo really is kinda asking for help noir would help them even if she wants to hang out with dar))
"Well okay... um Dessmo do you think you can help me...I want to figure out what religion my mother followed all I really know is that it's popular enough most towns have a church too it apparently and my... mother was very nice so i don't think her religion was bad or like evil...she never told me much about it I don't think dad wanted her to tell me much about it"
say the above
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 14, 2016, 10:36:42 pm »

I am going to throw rocks at it
 Men stand in a line to either side of me,mthe line leading away from the robit.

They will focus on disabling its treads and weaponry as soon as the water jet hits it.

I will play defensively and seek to block its attacks and distract it
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 14, 2016, 11:47:57 pm »

correction to last turn's action: I think I ment to notify Dessmo, though I don't mind notifying Alaran. I mixed up the two, but the one that is on-site with the machinists is the one that might need to be able to pass me current information and needs the heads-up more so he can cordinate with the machinists for quick responses if necessary. My mistake.

I intend to be stand in the road in plain view in my human form, my weapons with me but not in hand, readied, or in any way threatening. I'll hail the convoy, and say I have information for the baron. I went to the machinists camp and spoke with them about the mechanical creatures, and they were surprised to hear about the problem. They began to perform an inventory of all their machines and conduct an investigation into how they got loose. I am not going to tell him a lie at any point in time, but I have no need to tell him too much about myself unless he starts focusing on me instead of on my news.

I am half-expecting my cover to get blown, and am limiting myself to "you never asked" as a deception tactic, setting myself up so that he has no reason to ask in the first place. When asked who I am I'll just say "I'm Aylia sir.". and let them draw their own conclusions. I have responses prepped for most logical lines of questioning that will be completely true but not give away information I'm not ready to give. (msg me if you need responses to specific questions that you think might corner her by accident) but if he does start pressing hard for details about who I am I'm going to give him the full truth, he wouldn't be doing that if he didn't already doubt my identity and at that point it's best to just come clean rather than weave myself into a corner.

during this my commstone will be set to relay our conversation to both Alaran and Dessmo, though it should also receive their responses as text-only to avoid accidentally giving away information I'm not ready to give. If I end up coming clean then I'll offer to relay to Omega personnel at the machinists or to my leadership as appropriate, and if he accepts I'll switch it over to full voice comms again.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 15, 2016, 12:09:27 am »

The Eye will move into position to be able to glare ominously at the Baron should they threaten Aylia.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 15, 2016, 09:44:13 am »

^

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 15, 2016, 02:21:15 pm »

The feline shuffles nervously upon being asked for an offering.  "Mrr... Dar'yajira carries little, all for purpose and not desire.  Perhaps, perhaps map of Durnvales?" At this, he paws at the teardrop pendant hanging from his collar.  "This one needs it to know location of Durnvales, but is unsure Master is truly in such a place.  If God can guide it instead, Dar'yajira will happily offer it map."

Suggest offering the Durnvale-map pendant to the God. If they say that the offering needs to be more valuable too (greedy gods! >:[ ) then Dar'll try to separate the magic gems from his collar, and offer those too.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 15, 2016, 02:48:27 pm »

Do the thing. I'll try to flood it's systems again using spontaneous drownage when everone's ready. Hopefully

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 16, 2016, 04:34:50 pm »

((Eh If Dessmo really is kinda asking for help noir would help them even if she wants to hang out with dar))
"Well okay... um Dessmo do you think you can help me...I want to figure out what religion my mother followed all I really know is that it's popular enough most towns have a church too it apparently and my... mother was very nice so i don't think her religion was bad or like evil...she never told me much about it I don't think dad wanted her to tell me much about it"
say the above
"Your information is rather vague, girl. Could you perhaps describe the things she wore? jewelry, robes, headwear? What colors did she use? Did she carry an icon at all? did she speak of any gods by name? If you can give me some more information, I can run it through the Eye back to Omega and have our archivist look it up. no promises, lass. there are a lot of religions out there."

The feline shuffles nervously upon being asked for an offering.  "Mrr... Dar'yajira carries little, all for purpose and not desire.  Perhaps, perhaps map of Durnvales?" At this, he paws at the teardrop pendant hanging from his collar.  "This one needs it to know location of Durnvales, but is unsure Master is truly in such a place.  If God can guide it instead, Dar'yajira will happily offer it map."

Suggest offering the Durnvale-map pendant to the God. If they say that the offering needs to be more valuable too (greedy gods! >:[ ) then Dar'll try to separate the magic gems from his collar, and offer those too.
"Oh? A map! that might help tremendously! Let's have a look, shall we? Hmm, yes, I see. Oh? Thornville, Dunn Valley ... strange. the burning Vale? That's something I am not familiar with. Come, let us take this and present it. I am sure the information in this gem will be enough to draw the god's attention. But first, we must make ourselves ready. we'll clean up, and set up the offering. here, have some food, and then, with your permission, we will wipe you down wit hthis cloth, and brush your fur a bit. the god appreciates order and tidiness. best to come before him groomed and fed!"

So the two men examine your map for a little while, then set some food of Dar's preference (at least, ot of what they have available) before him, eat, and move a bunch of stuff around in a little room within the temple. the room has a few codices, scrolls, and charts, a skull with diagrams all over it, and several small, precisely cut gems. Then they change clothing, wash their hands and faces, and carefully brush their outfits to free them of lint. They wipe Dar with a damp cloth, and brush him afterward - that kind of brushing that cats just love, especially in the late spring when their heavy winter coat is becoming a burden they long to be free from. after this, They and you march ceremoniously into the room, the lead priest bearing the map gem in cupped hands. the other picks up a small copper bowl with some runes etched into the surface, and the first places the gem inside. then the bowl is lowered so that Dar might place his forepaws on the gem before the bowl is placed on a low wooden table next to an inkwell and quill. the ritual after this is pretty simple, with each of you asking, rather simply, for the god to notice you and to give answer to the question brought before it.

the runes in the bowl never change nor move nor glow. But they take on a strange appearance, seeming more real, more present, more true than they had before. looking at them, it feels as if the rest of the world is faded, wispy, indistinct in comparison. And some of this deep realness seems to reach out to the gem, and then to direct its self toward Dar. A light touch, though it feels in an odd way heavier than the world, settles at the edge of Dar's mind, waiting, questioning.

Do the thing. I'll try to flood it's systems again using spontaneous drownage when everone's ready. Hopefully
You send your water into the thing. It's not an overwhelmiong flood by any means. You get the sense that it's doing something, but you see little sign of the water besides some condensation on it's trunk, and a light steam coming off one of hte sensor appendages.

I am going to throw rocks at it
 Men stand in a line to either side of me,mthe line leading away from the robit.

They will focus on disabling its treads and weaponry as soon as the water jet hits it.

I will play defensively and seek to block its attacks and distract it

You wait, and Samuel begins to do his thing. You can't tell what's going on though. Did it work? is it time?

^
yep. One more round at least. Whatever Samuel is doing is sure taking it's time to break the mech.

correction to last turn's action: I think I ment to notify Dessmo, though I don't mind notifying Alaran. I mixed up the two, but the one that is on-site with the machinists is the one that might need to be able to pass me current information and needs the heads-up more so he can cordinate with the machinists for quick responses if necessary. My mistake.

I intend to be stand in the road in plain view in my human form, my weapons with me but not in hand, readied, or in any way threatening. I'll hail the convoy, and say I have information for the baron. I went to the machinists camp and spoke with them about the mechanical creatures, and they were surprised to hear about the problem. They began to perform an inventory of all their machines and conduct an investigation into how they got loose. I am not going to tell him a lie at any point in time, but I have no need to tell him too much about myself unless he starts focusing on me instead of on my news.

I am half-expecting my cover to get blown, and am limiting myself to "you never asked" as a deception tactic, setting myself up so that he has no reason to ask in the first place. When asked who I am I'll just say "I'm Aylia sir.". and let them draw their own conclusions. I have responses prepped for most logical lines of questioning that will be completely true but not give away information I'm not ready to give. (msg me if you need responses to specific questions that you think might corner her by accident) but if he does start pressing hard for details about who I am I'm going to give him the full truth, he wouldn't be doing that if he didn't already doubt my identity and at that point it's best to just come clean rather than weave myself into a corner.

during this my commstone will be set to relay our conversation to both Alaran and Dessmo, though it should also receive their responses as text-only to avoid accidentally giving away information I'm not ready to give. If I end up coming clean then I'll offer to relay to Omega personnel at the machinists or to my leadership as appropriate, and if he accepts I'll switch it over to full voice comms again.
Alaran is at the mechanists base, Dessmo is at the war camp. You relayed correctly.

You stand in the road and announce yourself as planned when their horses come to a stop a few dozen yards from you. They do insist on an exchange of names before receiving any information - protocols, you see. They ask specifically who you are aligned with, and why you come to them to tell them this. You re, after all, a aprt of the news you carry, whether you intend to be or not. ((sorry I didn't pm you about that. I meant to.)) they don't act to harm you in any way, but they do spread out and begin looking al around, in case this is an ambush or a trap or something. Their weapons are readied, but not drawn. When you mention Omega, the baron's eyes dart to the Eye, who is glaring ominously, and then back to you. "What does Omega have to do with these machines?" he asks, clearly puzzled.

The Eye will move into position to be able to glare ominously at the Baron should they threaten Aylia.
Ominousity intensifies. You glare at the group. they are on alert, looking for additional members of your greeting party, but seem more defensive than offensive. It seems like they are processing Aylia's tale, but are also hung up on the whole :who the heck are you guys?" bit.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 16, 2016, 04:38:32 pm »

Welp time to just go ahead with the plan. Let's throw rocks at it
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:55:47 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 16, 2016, 04:48:18 pm »

*sigh*, those kind of routine identifying questions are exactly what I had prepared for.

Aylia went to the machinists on her own to try to find and stop the source of the problem - entirely true, in fact she was disregarding orders when she did so, her orders at the time were to capture a machine, she did something completely different on her own initiative.

Aylia is aligned with -insert Omega's nation name here- and the Queen, she supposes - which, again, is completely true, being a member of Omega. however she would say it with some uncertainty, implying that she is less strongly aligned than she actually is. probably just a citizen.

logical follow-up question: why go on her own
Aylia went on her own because she wanted the attacks to end, and figured if nobody went to the source of the problem then the problem wouldn't get solved. - full and complete truth, no evasion in any way necessary.

retcon?

((seriously, I (Lenglon) actually have a good deal of practice using literal truths to deceive. It was a kind of game when I was growing up.))
In case of no retcon: Omega is attempting to maintain peace in the region, and both wants to make sure the machine attacks end and that fighting doesnt break out between the machinists and others in the region, including him. If he inquires further, I'll direct him up my chain of command.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:16:11 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 16, 2016, 05:35:49 pm »

Dar'yajira respectfully bows his head while staring at the runes.  He focuses on that strange sensation at the edge of his mind, as well as the memory of his Master--especially their scent and appearance.  Quietly, he says "Where is this one's Master?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 17, 2016, 09:57:53 am »

Noir...goes silent looking like she's remembering something before she opens her mouth.
"Mother wore white robes with black lines on the sides she had a small gem on the neck part of it....It was a kinda faintly glowing yellow and blue swirling color....her hair is relatively like mine but it's cut shorter.....she never mentioned much about her religion I don't think dad wanted her to.I also inherited my holy powers from mom if that helps."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44