Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94268 times)

kanoguti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3: Hey I like that, "Herding Cats Through an Asylum"
« Reply #405 on: October 10, 2016, 03:54:53 pm »

kanoguti: Your inspect result last night, and why you didn't mention it?
Didn't feel like it.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 10, 2016, 04:08:25 pm »

kanoguti: Why do you not feel like it now?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia: Nevermind the Guy is Staying
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2016, 11:01:13 pm »

Votecount

UXLZ: (1) TDS
OSG: (1) Juicebox
TDS: (3) Jack A.T., Tiruin, UXLZ

5 to hammer

Fillipk:
> What would a sane cop read a third-party as?
> Mind Read is a flavor and theme equivalent of 'investigate' as a cop, yes, no, or partially? If the answer doesn't belong in any--or you can't exactly mention it, say maybe (please?)
For your first question a sane cop would read third party as third party, and for your second question yes.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:42:18 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2016, 11:11:23 pm »

fillipk: UXLZ is voting for TDS.  Also, did you prod OSG, Bearshogun, and juicebox?  If not, please do so.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 11, 2016, 12:05:29 am »

fillipk: UXLZ is voting for TDS.  Also, did you prod OSG, Bearshogun, and juicebox?  If not, please do so.

I believe there were vote-stealing or manipulating powers, so that could potentially be the case.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 11, 2016, 12:09:52 am »

Fixed and I did
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 11, 2016, 01:26:44 am »

Sorry, it's hard for me to remember this game exists sometimes.

unvote

fillipk: I count three people voting for TDS. Also, bear hasn't been on since September 26, so you should probably just replace him.

Jack's logic seems quite sound to me, therefore I'm going to switch my vote to TDS.

My second pick for scum is OSG his N2 claim seemed questionable to me, he hasn't answered most of the questions addresed to him, and he's currently lurking quite hard.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 11, 2016, 03:34:59 am »

Fixed and I did
Votecount please

PFP

Sorry, it's hard for me to remember this game exists sometimes.

unvote

fillipk: I count three people voting for TDS. Also, bear hasn't been on since September 26, so you should probably just replace him.

Jack's logic seems quite sound to me, therefore I'm going to switch my vote to TDS.

My second pick for scum is OSG his N2 claim seemed questionable to me, he hasn't answered most of the questions addresed to him, and he's currently lurking quite hard.

That's as far as I know, the 4th vote.

Unvote to spare more time.

Votecount

UXLZ: (1) TDS
OSG: (1) Juicebox
TDS: (2) Jack A.T., Tiruin, UXLZ

5 to hammer

Fillipk:
> What would a sane cop read a third-party as?
> Mind Read is a flavor and theme equivalent of 'investigate' as a cop, yes, no, or partially? If the answer doesn't belong in any--or you can't exactly mention it, say maybe (please?)
For your first question a sane cop would read third party as third party, and for your second question yes.

Unless ABILITY shenanigans has happened.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 11, 2016, 03:42:39 am »

Ability shenanigans haven't happened. I agree with Jack's meta analysis that for a game full of insanity and potentially other quirks that need to be deduced, throwing a framer or other equivalent into the mix would be ridiculous. Town seems to have been given a bunch of investigative powers, with the win condition being less focused on having the scum be targeted at least once by such a power and more on figuring out which results are reliable through cross-analysis. 
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 11, 2016, 03:48:04 am »

Ability shenanigans haven't happened. I agree with Jack's meta analysis that for a game full of insanity and potentially other quirks that need to be deduced, throwing a framer or other equivalent into the mix would be ridiculous. Town seems to have been given a bunch of investigative powers, with the win condition being less focused on having the scum be targeted at least once by such a power and more on figuring out which results are reliable through cross-analysis.
When I say ability shenanigans, I mean the note of having TWO when THREE people voted a person :P This entails a hidden/steal vote. So 'shenanigans' in a way that it isn't firstly expected.

...So yeah.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 11, 2016, 04:05:44 am »

When I say ability shenanigans, I mean the note of having TWO when THREE people voted a person :P This entails a hidden/steal vote. So 'shenanigans' in a way that it isn't firstly expected.

...So yeah.

Oh, you were talking about the vote count. I thought you were responding to the question fillipk had answered about inspections.
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 11, 2016, 04:18:00 am »

So now I have an important realization.

I am insane.

Meow. :3

I'm an insane cop ;~; (OR GA/UXLZ IS MAFIA, but considering the context of Jack and TMS/bear's actions in the past and the pattern of actions, now I'm disbelieving that moar)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 11, 2016, 09:43:22 am »

Bearshogun is up for replacement.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 11, 2016, 09:52:38 am »

So now I have an important realization.

I am insane.

Meow. :3

I'm an insane cop ;~; (OR GA/UXLZ IS MAFIA, but considering the context of Jack and TMS/bear's actions in the past and the pattern of actions, now I'm disbelieving that moar)

I'm going to be hammered before too long, so here are my thoughts:

Possible Jack/UXLZ scumteam (check Jack if you have sanity doubts, but since I'm town you're sane). Why? Because so far Jack has done a good job of defending UXLZ (see: his list of reasons why UXLZ definitely isn't scum, etc.), which looks odd and slightly suspicious. Also, UXLZ is quick to agree to everything Jack says (example) which looks doubly suspicious.
Possible OSG/someone else scumteam? No one has checked him yet, but he was upfront about his role and I'm inclined to believe him.
It could also be one of the less active people, but it's hard to tell because of their low activity.

Complicating the investigations will be a mafia kill - one of the people in the town (probably a cop with a known sanity, especially Tiruin because she will be confirmed town after I die) is going to get killed. This means someone needs to check Jack (and someone needs to check whoever checks Jack in case they are both mafia) tonight. Whichever result people get on him, it should reveal a lot about who the scumteam are.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3: Guess what, I need a replacement again.
« Reply #419 on: October 11, 2016, 10:19:29 am »

Why did you change your vote off me to Jack? Do you think getting him lynched instead will be more likely?

Why? Because so far Jack has done a good job of defending UXLZ (see: his list of reasons why UXLZ definitely isn't scum, etc.), which looks odd and slightly suspicious. Also, UXLZ is quick to agree to everything Jack says (example found in TDS' post) which looks doubly suspicious.

Off the top of my head, there are three things I have agreed with Jack on explicitly. Far short of "everything", but oh well.

Obviously I am going to agree with him on the deduction about why GA/Myself weren't lying about our third party status. This doesn't even really count.

The example you posted referring to my agreement with his meta analysis... Here's a counter point, why is my agreement more suspicious than you saying my agreement is suspicious without refuting the argument in any way whatsoever. Point out WHY he is WRONG, and then my agreement will be weird. Why is it suspicious to agree with something that correct? Having a framer on top of sanity effects and weird third-party investigation reactions would be too much, and beyond that basically pointless except to throw a random spanner into the works of the investigation puzzle. The framer does its work by being a potential threat, a potential threat which has been eliminated.

The third thing is that I indeed followed up his vote on you with my own... Along with my own reasons, before he posted his. It's hardly unjustified and not really something worth noting.

There may be other things I eplicitly voiced my agreement with Jack on, but you aren't going to make any headway without first refuting those arguments and showing why they are incorrect and hence my agreement to be suspicious. Agreement in and of itself is an empty case.
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48