Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94261 times)

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3: Guess what, I need a replacement again.
« Reply #435 on: October 11, 2016, 08:39:00 pm »

On second thought, I'll postpone my opinions post till later. It'll take me a total of three hours to do something maybe decent and I'm in need of sleep. My apologies

kanoguti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 3: Hey I like that, "Herding Cats Through an Asylum"
« Reply #436 on: October 11, 2016, 09:40:00 pm »

kanoguti: Why do you not feel like it now?
I (BHK) did not perform the Night Two Action.

DarkStar seems a bit odd to me. Not sure why they're wasting time accusing Jack. Probably just getting attention on themselves for whatever reason.
Even if Jack is somehow scum it's not like it matters currently.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 11, 2016, 09:42:59 pm »

kanoguti: Why do you not feel like it now?
I (BHK) did not perform the Night Two Action.

DarkStar seems a bit odd to me. Not sure why they're wasting time accusing Jack. Probably just getting attention on themselves for whatever reason.
Even if Jack is somehow scum it's not like it matters currently.

Interesting. Why do you think it's wasting time to point out suspicions I have, given that I have limited time to do so? Lots of people already want to lynch me no matter what I do.

And why don't you think that it matters if Jack is scum?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 11, 2016, 10:20:16 pm »

Sprityo: Multiple thirds are quite common on Bay 12.  What do you think of GA's Sicilian mess?

Not having a framer or a similar mechanic would upset the game balance. Of the 11 initial players, there appear to be 8 cops (one of which is a third-party), at least one person with a non-cop role (I forget who this is), and two more third parties, with at least scum lying. With eight cops, it's likely that all the scum could be found and everyone's sanity determined by Day 3/4. In normal games, even having two or three insane cops is imbalanced once their determine their sanity. In this game, there has to be something to stop this game from overwhelmingly favoring the Town. Hence there are either framers or there are millers/anti-millers.
TheDarkStar: This is beautiful.  You have no idea how badly you've screwed up here.

First, having a framer or a similar mechanic would upset the game balance.  The game's pretty well balanced if you think about it for a bit, extrapolating from what we know about the setup.  See the below spoiler:
Second, of course... all of this is of no use to you in making your case, because you reject that a framer caused Tiruin's GA inspect result.  You've attacked a part of my argument that your case depends on.  Your whole position hinges on Tiruin being sane and her inspect result being clearly accurate:
Given Tiruin's results, I know UXLZ must be scum.
Given Tiruin's and my inspection results, I'm certain UXLZ is scum unless something funny is happening with the way third parties are handled upon inspection.
So, what's so thoroughly convinced you that Tiruin's UXLZ result is accurate despite your strong belief that there must be a framer or other additional inspect disruptor?  I note that you have no evidence against him aside from him daring to agree with me (shocking!) and Tiruin's inspect, but the latter can't provide you certainty.  You reject the premise that lets it make you certain!

I note again that you steadfastly refuse to engage at all with my case that UXLZ is a third party.  This is because you can't engage.  You've got nothing to engage me with.  You can't counter my point, so you ignore it.  Isn't that right, TDS?

As for your flailing strikes on me, well, of course I defend people I do not think are mafia.  It's good practice, and it's what I do every game.

Kanoguti: Makes sense.  BHK was inactive at the end of D2, and him not sending a N2 action fits with that.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 11, 2016, 11:59:44 pm »

Fillipk: Votecount please

So now I have an important realization.

I am insane.

Meow. :3

I'm an insane cop ;~; (OR GA/UXLZ IS MAFIA, but considering the context of Jack and TMS/bear's actions in the past and the pattern of actions, now I'm disbelieving that moar)

I'm going to be hammered before too long, so here are my thoughts:

Possible Jack/UXLZ scumteam (check Jack if you have sanity doubts, but since I'm town you're sane). Why? Because so far Jack has done a good job of defending UXLZ (see: his list of reasons why UXLZ definitely isn't scum, etc.), which looks odd and slightly suspicious. Also, UXLZ is quick to agree to everything Jack says (example) which looks doubly suspicious.[...]
In part, I do agree with this possibility >_> But we SHOULD REMEMBER that post-N1, there are others who got the 'insane' vibe. Like how I was denoted as Mafia by BHK. And...others.
Where's that post I linked ;~;

Bearshogun is up for replacement.

Oh hells, this game needs ANOTHER replacement? T_T
Yes but I found one.  Sprityo replaced in for Bearshogun
Who are these people. Hello awesome people :D I'd love to hear more from y'all who I've never seen before and yet are coming into these games. \o/

Afterperusing around the forums, I found the mafia section and decided to drop in and offer my services. I'm not sure how much time is left in the day, but I'll do what I can to contribute!
It's Hammertime, which means there's no daytime. It ends when FIVE PEOPLE HAVE VOTED.
So I don't have a whole bunch of time right now, I'm most active after 6 pm, but I'll leave a question or two for anyone to answer, really.

1. What are the current votes (and why)

2. What is the general opinion of the player I've just replaced into.

3. Has anyone claimed? (I hope not)
Around 3 dudes (+1 = me, but I unvoted to avoid pre-hammering) are voting TDS (TheDarkStar--we use acronyms here a lot)
2. Bearshogun can be seen starting here
3. Everyone. :P This isn't your 'normal' game however, presuming your concern about claiming.
Why are you concerned about claims?

Sorry, you just eviscerated your own credibility. I was worried that Tiruin was playing us all and just lying, but now my worries are mostly assuaged.
Yeah, um, look at my first response to Jack. @D2 :P While I'd leave this comment/statement left unattended, this is a big tell on my attitude.

Spirityo: I have a couple of questions for you. First off, can you please confirm your presecessor's N2 action?Secondly, after you finish reading through the game, can you tell me who your top scumpicks are and why?

1. Yes, ive skimmed through real quick to look at voting patterns and the results of the already dead people (which would be easier to find if we could get links in the OP to when they died) But I have BHK as my n2 check and a mafia result on him. The night one check was Tiruin also with a mafia result on her. I found it not helpful in the slightest since this is the exact same results as Jack A.T.

2. ill go over the thread a bit better now, ill probably skip day one, or at least the first half of it, because personally Day 1 is usually fluff and nonsense.

3. My name is spelled S P R I T Y O. I know it can look like "spirit" at a first or quick glance, I just wanted to make it clear for everyone :p
You're insane.
The consensus is you AND Jack are INSANE
Then it appears I'm INSANE
Which goes along my motive for today being examining deeply the N1 and N2 results--can someone please summarize them?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2016, 12:06:15 am »

Tiruin: Or paranoid.  I have no idea which at this point.  One of our general problems: you're the only player who has received two different inspect results so far.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 12, 2016, 12:08:15 am »

And I did summarize the N1 and N2 results just a bit earlier.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 12, 2016, 12:31:38 am »

Sprityo: Multiple thirds are quite common on Bay 12.  What do you think of GA's Sicilian mess?

Not having a framer or a similar mechanic would upset the game balance. Of the 11 initial players, there appear to be 8 cops (one of which is a third-party), at least one person with a non-cop role (I forget who this is), and two more third parties, with at least scum lying. With eight cops, it's likely that all the scum could be found and everyone's sanity determined by Day 3/4. In normal games, even having two or three insane cops is imbalanced once their determine their sanity. In this game, there has to be something to stop this game from overwhelmingly favoring the Town. Hence there are either framers or there are millers/anti-millers.
TheDarkStar: This is beautiful.  You have no idea how badly you've screwed up here.

First, having a framer or a similar mechanic would upset the game balance.  The game's pretty well balanced if you think about it for a bit, extrapolating from what we know about the setup.  See the below spoiler:
Second, of course... all of this is of no use to you in making your case, because you reject that a framer caused Tiruin's GA inspect result.  You've attacked a part of my argument that your case depends on.  Your whole position hinges on Tiruin being sane and her inspect result being clearly accurate:
Given Tiruin's results, I know UXLZ must be scum.
Given Tiruin's and my inspection results, I'm certain UXLZ is scum unless something funny is happening with the way third parties are handled upon inspection.
So, what's so thoroughly convinced you that Tiruin's UXLZ result is accurate despite your strong belief that there must be a framer or other additional inspect disruptor?  I note that you have no evidence against him aside from him daring to agree with me (shocking!) and Tiruin's inspect, but the latter can't provide you certainty.  You reject the premise that lets it make you certain!

I note again that you steadfastly refuse to engage at all with my case that UXLZ is a third party.  This is because you can't engage.  You've got nothing to engage me with.  You can't counter my point, so you ignore it.  Isn't that right, TDS?

As for your flailing strikes on me, well, of course I defend people I do not think are mafia.  It's good practice, and it's what I do every game.

I'll put it this way. I know I'm town and that barring something really unforseen, Tiruin is also town. Given Tiruin's results, either UXLZ really is mafia or he was framed the night he was inspected (see: why having a framer is necessary). And also notice that I'm currently voting for you for acting oddly, not for UXLZ (who people will dogpile on tomorrow anyway).

A framer might upset the balance if all we had were questionably-sane cops and mafia, but we also have a number of third-parties. There are also other possibilities - maybe there's a framer with a one/two-shot frame. And of course, because everyone in this game has some ability, it seems highly likely that at least one of the mafia has non-night-killing abilities.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 12, 2016, 12:47:31 am »

TDS: You keep bouncing around wildly, not willing to hold a position for long.  I wonder why.

Your case against me, such that it is, is not just that I'm behaving oddly.  It's that I'm defending someone you were convinced is mafia (and again, you kept on saying that he MUST be mafia), and that that player and I agree on some stuff.  It's a scumteam analysis (explicitly from the start), and you can't just act like only the part about me matters now that you've made a mockery of the UXLZ part.  Your (apparently now-prior) certainty about UXLZ being scum (a certainty that is to a great extent the foundation of your vote on me) is incompatible with your beliefs about framers.  Now you drop that certainty, but your pseudocase holds.

In addition, just going "but we have third parties" is a worthless counter to what I actually wrote about balance.  Had you actually read the spoiler on balance, you would have noticed my emphasis on the third parties and their role in balancing this.  You don't like countering what I actually say, do you?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 12, 2016, 12:53:32 am »

Tiruin: Or paranoid.  I have no idea which at this point.  One of our general problems: you're the only player who has received two different inspect results so far.
I'm operating by the Cop in Mafiascum wiki :P I mean, yeah, you could be paranoid (or everyone is a flavor of NON-Sane...which could be a theme given the general powers--in which I infer the Mind Reading is merely a hook, or whatever you call it), but either/or, anyway.

And yeah .-. The best I can come up with is Insane, given subsequent analysis on Fillipk (and thanks to y'all), OR UXLZ/GA is some kind of NON-Lyncher but MAFIA (and I'm Sane) and totally lying very well.

And I did summarize the N1 and N2 results just a bit earlier.
I love you and thank you
We can add there that BHK/Sprityo did nothing :D
[And multiple people got Mafia on them--notably, Juicebox, whom had also gotten Mafia on FoU--who is TOWN]

[...]
A framer might upset the balance if all we had were questionably-sane cops and mafia, but we also have a number of third-parties. There are also other possibilities - maybe there's a framer with a one/two-shot frame. And of course, because everyone in this game has some ability, it seems highly likely that at least one of the mafia has non-night-killing abilities.
One good point to note is editing powers.
...I still have no idea how that affects the game somehow--other than editing Fillipk's information in advance, possibly, maybe. I think I asked a question to him about that earlier but forgot where >~>

PFP

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 12, 2016, 01:01:14 am »

...I still have no idea how that affects the game somehow--other than editing Fillipk's information in advance, possibly, maybe. I think I asked a question to him about that earlier but forgot where >~>
Tiruin: You asked him about players editing his posts, albeit not in advance.  His answer was...not much of an answer.  See this quote:
Are you susceptible to edit your own posts, not by your volition?
Maybe
As for editing fillipk posts in advance, I have no idea how that would work/be practical/not veer into full-on bastard quite quickly, but let's ask.

fillipk: Is it possible that a power exists that would allow someone to edit your posts in advance?  Say, if you were being asked a question, is it possible that a power exists that could be used to edit your answer in advance of you posting it?  Would that be too bastardy for a non-bastard game?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2016, 01:04:57 am »

Tiruin: You asked him about players editing his posts, albeit not in advance.  His answer was...not much of an answer.  See this quote:
Are you susceptible to edit your own posts, not by your volition?
Maybe
As for editing fillipk posts in advance, I have no idea how that would work/be practical/not veer into full-on bastard quite quickly, but let's ask.

fillipk: Is it possible that a power exists that would allow someone to edit your posts in advance?  Say, if you were being asked a question, is it possible that a power exists that could be used to edit your answer in advance of you posting it?  Would that be too bastardy for a non-bastard game?
Oh ._. Thanks dude.
I usually ask these questions without me being direct in asking the specifics that make them applicable. Ahaaa...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 12, 2016, 04:00:36 am »

I shall replace whoever needs replacing.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2016, 06:19:09 am »

hm, but even for such a small setup? that's odd  ???

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 12, 2016, 07:37:28 am »

hm, but even for such a small setup? that's odd  ???
Yeah, it's a thing :P Although obviously that also means the 'degree of power' that a third-party has. Like, SK + Survivor; Multiple Survivors; A lyncher and Survivor, etc.
PFP
I shall replace whoever needs replacing.
Have you learned enough from the BM? O_o I'm...curious.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48