Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94207 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia: A different Guy needs a Replacement
« Reply #375 on: October 07, 2016, 12:31:31 am »

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Not in my mind read.

... Mind read? Regardless, believe what you will. It is currently my goal to lynch the mafia, so our motives overlap. At least, publicly.

Oh, THAT mind read. The inspection thing. I thought you were talking about your tonal reading or whatever it is you like to do.

When did you do it? If it was after Deus was killed then I would show up as scum (presuming your insanity) since my current lynch target is scum. If it was before Deus... Probably Town? I'm not really sure, but Survivor is probably a town leaning third party role.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:13 am »

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Not in my mind read.

... Mind read? Regardless, believe what you will. It is currently my goal to lynch the mafia, so our motives overlap. At least, publicly.
Problem 1: "Our motives" are defined personally :v Your "goal" is to lynch Mafia--that's by following your idea of being town; that's easily a cover up since we are unsure what a LYNCHER becomes if they fail their target, and considering GA's last note, he's pro-town, and has gone to the Mafia side.

Problem 2: I don't think you read up where I Mind Read you as Mafia. :v

UXLZ/GA's Replacement: Please address my night action onto you.

Please repeat the question so that I may respond.
> I investigated you(r predecessor, GA) as Mafia; he didn't respond directly to my query, instead replying indirectly and going onto TDS. Then there's this strange last statement before he left, beginning with the 'maybe if / or' tone, but the ending message has a degree of certainty. :v I mean, how in the world can one say 'LYLO' in this kind of setup wherein we have Eight people playing; 5 required to hammer, considering 2 people die in a lynch?
--It implies there is 2 Mafia.
+It doesn't imply that GA is town or mafia or speaking as such.
--He hasn't directly poked the ideas against him (inasfar as I read?)

So if you ARE town, I'd like more clarity than what was given above, please.

PPE x2: Thank you :O
Oh, THAT mind read. The inspection thing. I thought you were talking about your tonal reading or whatever it is you like to do.

When did you do it? If it was after Deus was killed then I would show up as scum (presuming your insanity) since my current lynch target is scum. If it was before Deus... Probably Town? I'm not really sure, but Survivor is probably a town leaning third party role.
You were one of the dudes FoU suggested in his triumvirate list :P Especially since I'm still going along my query of 'in-group teachers vs out-group non-teachers' idea here, and chose to check the non-teachers, starting with the weird Lyncher.
It didn't go as planned. I expected 'third-party'. What I got was 'MAFIYAAAA'.
And my role is exactly like FoU's. O_o

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 07, 2016, 12:49:58 am »

Problem 1: "Our motives" are defined personally :v Your "goal" is to lynch Mafia--that's by following your idea of being town; that's easily a cover up since we are unsure what a LYNCHER becomes if they fail their target, and considering GA's last note, he's pro-town, and has gone to the Mafia side.

Right, and the initial goal of the Lyncher was to lynch Deus, and after Deus' death it has no shifted to lynching his killer. Hence, unless we have a vigilante, my goal is now to lynch whomsoever killed Deus, logically that is likely to be one of the scumteam, hence I am now town-alligned as our goals currently are the same. (Lynch scum.)

> I investigated you(r predecessor, GA) as Mafia; he didn't respond directly to my query, instead replying indirectly and going onto TDS. Then there's this strange last statement before he left, beginning with the 'maybe if / or' tone, but the ending message has a degree of certainty. :v I mean, how in the world can one say 'LYLO' in this kind of setup wherein we have Eight people playing; 5 required to hammer, considering 2 people die in a lynch?
--It implies there is 2 Mafia.
+It doesn't imply that GA is town or mafia or speaking as such.
--He hasn't directly poked the ideas against him (inasfar as I read?)

The implication of two mafia is probably a meta read he made. 6-3-2 seems a bit unfair for the town.
I'm not sure what these ideas are, I ask that you readdress any questions you had of GA to me, but I also ask that you realize if you want to ask me something like "why did GA do X" I cannot answer that as I am not GA and can only speculate based on the information I have available.

So if you ARE town, I'd like more clarity than what was given above, please.

I'm not town, I'm third party who coincides with town because my win condition is lynching one of the two scumteam members (presuming no other killers.)

FillipK: In the hypothetical scenario that someone were to inspect a role whose win condition changed when another person was killed that same night, would they get their results based on the old win condition or the new one?

The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2016, 12:54:53 am »

You were one of the dudes FoU suggested in his triumvirate list :P Especially since I'm still going along my query of 'in-group teachers vs out-group non-teachers' idea here, and chose to check the non-teachers, starting with the weird Lyncher.

Since your class seems to read intent rather than actual role, and you are more than likely insane (or lying/paranoid/etc) then you would get a "MAFIYAAAA" result from me as my win condition is lynching one of the scumteam, hence, my class counting as "town-aligned" then being reversed by your insanity to "scum-aligned." This does depend on Fillip's answer to my question, though. If your investigation results are -before- the win condition flips then you are likely non-insane as I'd hazard a guess that wanting to lynch a Survivor is more Scum than Town.
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 07, 2016, 12:56:39 am »

Right, and the initial goal of the Lyncher was to lynch Deus, and after Deus' death it has no shifted to lynching his killer. Hence, unless we have a vigilante, my goal is now to lynch whomsoever killed Deus, logically that is likely to be one of the scumteam, hence I am now town-alligned as our goals currently are the same. (Lynch scum.)[...]
I'm not town, I'm third party who coincides with town because my win condition is lynching one of the two scumteam members (presuming no other killers.)

FillipK: In the hypothetical scenario that someone were to inspect a role whose win condition changed when another person was killed that same night, would they get their results based on the old win condition or the new one?
O...kay? Tiny typo there maybe with the 'no' but...ok?
...So how can you explain me Mind Reading Mafia on you? Do you have any added details towards that?

I'm not sure what these ideas are, I ask that you readdress any questions you had of GA to me, but I also ask that you realize if you want to ask me something like "why did GA do X" I cannot answer that as I am not GA and can only speculate based on the information I have available.
It's more asking what you think about what he did considering you've the context of...yourself, there. :P
The questions were more along his behavior--what he mentioned, but emphasis on my mind reading onto you, and what you think about it or how it sets your idea of the game in place. GA took it as if I'm insane and went after TDS--do YOU share the same initiative?
Because I'm basing GA's actions alongside yours; currently it sounds contradictory--but also sensible ONLY if I'm insane (or maybe there's a weird action like "this person investigates the opposite for this one night" of a 'framer' sort). So yeah. It's confusing seeing GA go after TDS on the impression that maybe I investigated the right one--but then there was lacking speculation on my reading towards WHY he did that :/

+1

Since your class seems to read intent rather than actual role, and you are more than likely insane (or lying/paranoid/etc) then you would get a "MAFIYAAAA" result from me as my win condition is lynching one of the scumteam, hence, my class counting as "town-aligned" then being reversed by your insanity to "scum-aligned." This does depend on Fillip's answer to my question, though. If your investigation results are -before- the win condition flips then you are likely non-insane as I'd hazard a guess that wanting to lynch a Survivor is more Scum than Town.
My "class" applies to pretty much everyone else who has Mind Read :v Can you expound on how you think the 'intent' is being read more than the role here?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2016, 01:17:05 am »

O...kay? Tiny typo there maybe with the 'no' but...ok?
...So how can you explain me Mind Reading Mafia on you? Do you have any added details towards that?

Not really. There's one other potential possibility, but it's not particularly likely. What are the reads we have gotten thus far?

It's more asking what you think about what he did considering you've the context of...yourself, there. :P
The questions were more along his behavior--what he mentioned, but emphasis on my mind reading onto you, and what you think about it or how it sets your idea of the game in place. GA took it as if I'm insane and went after TDS--do YOU share the same initiative?
Because I'm basing GA's actions alongside yours; currently it sounds contradictory--but also sensible ONLY if I'm insane (or maybe there's a weird action like "this person investigates the opposite for this one night" of a 'framer' sort). So yeah. It's confusing seeing GA go after TDS on the impression that maybe I investigated the right one--but then there was lacking speculation on my reading towards WHY he did that :/

It depends, did you say that you townread TDS? If that's the case then I'm vaguely certain you're either scum, insane, or there's some sort of ability that can frame, assuming that my other idea isn't correct.

My "class" applies to pretty much everyone else who has Mind Read :v Can you expound on how you think the 'intent' is being read more than the role here?

Because my win condition shifts. If you were reading role rather than intent/win condition then it wouldn't make sense for a lyncher to always get mafia as it's third-party with variable goals based on circumstance. Being totally sane and reading someone as "Mafia" when their goal is to lynch mafia is illogical.

*In regards to GA and why I think he was doing what he did, I'm getting a vaguely 4mask/Pisskop feeling akin to that Paranormal game from last year. He was probably attempting some sort of insane gambit.
The circle is complete.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (8/11) Day 3 still need a Replacement
« Reply #381 on: October 07, 2016, 01:25:07 am »

fillipk: Let's ask a different question: suppose an insane cop inspected a lyncher.  What result would they get?  Would there be a consistent result?
There would be a consistent result, if the Lyncher's target was town you would get a town result.   Anything else, a mafia result.
Quoting this because once again it needs to be seen.  Insane inspects of lynchers give results based on the lyncher's target: town-targeting lynchers look town, and lynchers targeting anything else (such as mafia or, say, a survivor) look mafia./b]

Glance through the thread: my thoughts are stronger and more solid.  Actual content and a vote coming Saturday.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (8/11) Day 3 still need a Replacement
« Reply #382 on: October 07, 2016, 01:32:24 am »

fillipk: Let's ask a different question: suppose an insane cop inspected a lyncher.  What result would they get?  Would there be a consistent result?
There would be a consistent result, if the Lyncher's target was town you would get a town result.   Anything else, a mafia result.
Quoting this because once again it needs to be seen.  Insane inspects of lynchers give results based on the lyncher's target: town-targeting lynchers look town, and lynchers targeting anything else (such as mafia or, say, a survivor) look mafia.

Glance through the thread: my thoughts are stronger and more solid.  Actual content and a vote coming Saturday.

Ah, I missed that, my apologies. It would explain why Tiruin (who is likely insane or scum) is reading me as mafia, though. I was thinking that targeting a survivor would lead to a town-read from an insane cop, but it would seem that is not the case.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:34:06 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 07, 2016, 02:07:37 am »

old because of my order of actions
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 07, 2016, 06:26:59 pm »

PFP
wut now? >.>

Technicalities being considered:
old because of my order of actions

Quoting this because once again it needs to be seen.  Insane inspects of lynchers give results based on the lyncher's target: town-targeting lynchers look town, and lynchers targeting anything else (such as mafia or, say, a survivor) look mafia.

1. If "old", then GA is...Mafia?
2. The target is a THIRD PARTY themselves. So I'm not insane that way (maybe paranoid :V but that's doubtful thanks to TDS so paranoia is out the window)
Yeah I can't parse this but putting insanity in the way is really confusing.

UXLZ (please explain more)

Ah, I missed that, my apologies. It would explain why Tiruin (who is likely insane or scum) is reading me as mafia, though. I was thinking that targeting a survivor would lead to a town-read from an insane cop, but it would seem that is not the case.
Back that up more before you begin making contrasts--as in, detail your contrasts too :v
Also SEE #2 >_> I don't know how you're getting to that reasoning but it's really off the line considering you SAW the exact context then say 'insane or scum' DESPITE your CLAIMED TARGET BEING A THIRD-PARTY.

Although IF I've to be insane in a figurative way--maybe fillipk's mention of flavor is important in that ALL teachers see everyone else that isn't teaching staff as mafia :V
Which is just as crazy but eh.

Edit cuz Wooo post count and my seal is still there anyway:

DOUBLING THE REASONING UP--GA could've used this kind of mention to his benefit a LOT.

--People targeted me, namely Jack and TMS; they got MAFIA.
I targeted TDS--he came up as Town.
If I am sane (because I can't see anyone else along with myself :v reasoning I am INSANE or PARANOID unless this game has a bastardy twist of such), these are straight up what their alignments are; CONTEXT however denotes the myriad #s of people being alignment cops, so there must be something else going on alongside that (Priority #1 note)
If I am INsane, I targeted TDS and his target is TOWN (I forgot who he targeted but it was somebody in D2! Where's that list ;~; I'm busy thesising). People who targeted me who are insane can note that I targeted TDS, who is scum. I was NOT seemingly targeted N2 (what day is today? >.>) because my targeters checked out BHK. And TMS is bearshogun.
UXLZ or GA haven't noted their powers or that's me being fully forgetful because thesis is on my mind.

PFP
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:33:15 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 07, 2016, 08:00:18 pm »

Random thought because it just hit me despite my being utterly tired.

I recall that fillipk's posts can MAYBE be edited--I'm under speculation that, given my motive (or someone said motive, I think...as far as I recall >_>) regarding this 'intent' being said before, fillipk's post was edited towards that idea.
The mention of motive or intent was not direct, is one leading clue to me thinking about that.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 07, 2016, 10:14:40 pm »

1. If "old", then GA is...Mafia?
2. The target is a THIRD PARTY themselves. So I'm not insane that way (maybe paranoid :V but that's doubtful thanks to TDS so paranoia is out the window)
Yeah I can't parse this but putting insanity in the way is really confusing.

UXLZ (please explain more)

Explained below.

Back that up more before you begin making contrasts--as in, detail your contrasts too :v
Also SEE #2 >_> I don't know how you're getting to that reasoning but it's really off the line considering you SAW the exact context then say 'insane or scum' DESPITE your CLAIMED TARGET BEING A THIRD-PARTY.

Well, you're either insane and getting inverse results through insanity, or scum, because lying. I suppose both are potentially true, so I should have said and/or. The reason I'm saying that is possibility one is that you're insane and just not reading/understanding what the GM is saying. The second possibility is that you're lying scum. I suppose I forgot the third possibility of there being some sort of framer.

DID. YOU. READ. WHAT. FILLIPK. SAID!?

My target was first a third party (Deus) and now a mafia (Unknown.) Hence, the insane cop (you) would get mafia, because I have never had a town member as my target. (And without a town-aligned NK power role never will.)

The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 07, 2016, 10:42:05 pm »

Well, you're either insane and getting inverse results through insanity, or scum, because lying. I suppose both are potentially true, so I should have said and/or. The reason I'm saying that is possibility one is that you're insane and just not reading/understanding what the GM is saying. The second possibility is that you're lying scum. I suppose I forgot the third possibility of there being some sort of framer.

DID. YOU. READ. WHAT. FILLIPK. SAID!?

I did, Mr. Capitals :P
You however are not presenting your case on HOW I'm insane because of the context--rather than merely what the GM is saying. Analyze the night results of N1 and N2 please before shouting down my throat and putting these kinds of incomplete hypotheses around :/
"Back that up please" -> "Well you're either, or. :O" :I

Edoot (because I caaaan, unless there's some hidden counter with the edits :I):
What I'm saying is, yes. I read Fillipk's words. But what I do not understand is how it is compatible with my context :O
I did put in mind that "maybe I'm insane/paranoid/scum lying", with each and every category between the "/"s in the situation, and they don't necessarily match (even if sans the context).
There's the big note that if, including that idea of mind reading the intent, I am insane and mind read a third-party, "NA" would occur. I read it as Mafia, and in a way that makes sense, which is a problem because of assuming MAFIA out of a third-party (there is no hint or indication otherwise that says such [see: FallacyOfUrist's Role for the exact details of mine] --I'm under the personal impression that it's quite a balancer though, but it then begins getting confusing considering what *I* did before, and what other people DID to me. And possibly on GA's...lacking impact when he did vote TDS >_>)

But point taken--this is what happened in the first Night and I'll indulge you.

IF:
Jack, TMS [bearshogun], are both insane (or all the teachers are insane :V), they inspected me. I inspected TDS. TDS' target is FALLACY which came up as TOWN, whom came up as TOWN.
If by chance the idea of me being insane IS correct--I should've come up with town, which is correct.
But TDS isn't or hasn't claimed third-party; insane cops see the opposite of what's really true. Paranoid are always non-town (which thus conclusive isn't me, along with Naive).

IF the mechanics of Mind Read are 'read alignment' with the hidden notion that it really means 'read the intent of the dude you're targeting if pertaining to third-parties', it's going to go convoluted fast.
My target was first a third party (Deus) and now a mafia (Unknown.) Hence, the insane cop (you) would get mafia, because I have never had a town member as my target. (And without a town-aligned NK power role never will.)
Right. Ok. So I'll assume ME and JACK are insane then. TMS/Bear is also insane. Coincidentally, jack and bear also targeted the same person (BHK) and he came up Mafia.[juicebox too targeted BHK]

No Lynch
Jack, TMS, it is imperative you both target GA/UXLZ tonight. (either that or you're both scum :P but wow that'd be hilarious)

Now one more question UXLZ--what have you done all night? GA hasn't claimed who they targeted, ever.
Why haven't you taken that as your priority yourself?

This should be a bastard game with that much convoluted mechanics that doesn't only necessarily apply to mind read -> third-party, if insane != exactly "third-party" read.

Fillipk:
> What would a sane cop read a third-party as?
> Mind Read is a flavor and theme equivalent of 'investigate' as a cop, yes, no, or partially? If the answer doesn't belong in any--or you can't exactly mention it, say maybe (please?)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:01:04 pm by Tiruin »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2016, 12:02:56 am »

Now one more question UXLZ--what have you done all night? GA hasn't claimed who they targeted, ever.
Why haven't you taken that as your priority yourself?

I only received a night action after Deus was killed. Haven't had a chance to use it yet.
The circle is complete.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2016, 11:19:42 am »

Herding Cats Through an Asylum - Part I: How To Sanity
...for fuck's sake.

Tiruin: That's not how insanity works!

Let's go over sanity for the umpteenth time.  First, the simple forms:
*Sane cops inspect correctly.
*Naive cops see everything as town.
*Paranoid cops see everything as scum.

Nothing too tough here.  Insane cops, though, are just a little bit more complicated.
When inspecting town, insane cops get a mafia result.  Nothing about the target's target or whatever.
When inspecting mafia, insane cops get a town result.  Nothing about the target's target or whatever.

When inspecting third parties, though, things get messy.  fillipk has specific rules for inspects of each kind of third party.Lynchers (not townies, not mafia, just lynchers) can look either town or scum to an insane cop.  The specific result depends on the lyncher's lynching target (the one they must lynch to win).
If the objective target was town, the lyncher inspects as town.  If the objective target was anything but town, the lyncher inspects as mafia.  Again, this is for lynchers only, and only when inspected by insane cops.

Alright?  Everything clear?  This mechanic is key to my upcoming case, but I'd rather not spend even more time this day explaining it yet again.

Next part, later today: GA is a Third Party
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48