Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94352 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

fillipk: Please prod TDS and GA.
Prodded GA TDS just posted
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia: Nevermind the Guy is Staying
« Reply #361 on: October 02, 2016, 05:41:13 pm »

I apologize for not posting the last couple of days. I do think I'm beginning to lose interest in this game, so I'm calling for a replacement. However before I go, I'll say a few things:

GayArchaea: When did you first become aware of the way your lyncher target changes?
Also, what was you intention behind each mention of vigilantes in this linked post?
I first became aware of the way that my lyncher target changes when fillipk sent a pm to me after Deus Asmoth, My Target, was killed during the night; I even got a new power, in that PM, which allows me to figure out whether a certain person killed Deus Asmoth.

I was assuming that Deus Asmoth was perhaps a 1 or 2-shot vigilante, and he could've shot me in the night if I told that he was my target.

I will say that my plan after I announced I was a lyncher was to wait until MyLo or LyLo to entice Mafia to lynch DA so that the Mafia would win, because DA totally doesn't have any powers that allow him to steal my vote and use it against me, making me lose even if this plan was carried out. also the fact that for MyLo, I required that a townie would just decide to give up and just want to end the game, Since I wasn't at all making a case for Town.
In the case that TDS was killed, I was going to pretend that someone else was my target; and when (and also if) Mafia took the bait, vote to lynch that gullible player.

I decided to scrap that plan, because I wasn't confident in my abilities to keep the fact that my target was dead secret, and also because I wasn't certain I was even going to get to Lylo if I continued.

In case you were wondering what my plan was before my claim; well, I mostly wanted fool people into thinking that DA and I were scum buddies, but I didn't see an opportunity to "defend" DA.

On the Sicilians Affair, I was mostly focused on trying to explain away the fact that I acknowledged that I revived out of hatred. I did assume that sicilians was synonymous with scum, and didn't really see it as anymore that a way to explain away the fact that I revived out of hatred. 
Upon seeing the um... reaction to my post, I didn't really see any way out of the situation other than revealing my position and hoping that I don't get lynched.

Also on the reason that I admitted to OSG's claim about my powers; I was mostly focused on the fact that I did put a detail, archiving the chain of posts talking about a possible 1-shot revive, and I didn't want to contradict that.
given my plan to "defend" DA, I should've claimed that I do, in fact, revive, but out of love, not out of hatred.

I will admit that this is the last chance to safely start lynching me if I do happen to not be mafia, although you will be at LyLo once my role is flipped.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 02, 2016, 09:24:33 pm »

unvote

After reading back and considering some things, I think I believe GA. With that being said

OSG: You have several questions aimed at you, would you mind coming on and answering them?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2016, 12:46:50 am »

I apologize for not posting the last couple of days. I do think I'm beginning to lose interest in this game, so I'm calling for a replacement. However before I go, I'll say a few things:

GayArchaea: When did you first become aware of the way your lyncher target changes?
Also, what was you intention behind each mention of vigilantes in this linked post?
I first became aware of the way that my lyncher target changes when fillipk sent a pm to me after Deus Asmoth, My Target, was killed during the night; I even got a new power, in that PM, which allows me to figure out whether a certain person killed Deus Asmoth.

I was assuming that Deus Asmoth was perhaps a 1 or 2-shot vigilante, and he could've shot me in the night if I told that he was my target.
PFP, Quick question then since you're under replacee:
> Did you think that if you called him out in the day, he would get lynched, instead of it going to the night and then following this...assumption?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 04, 2016, 01:51:01 pm »

I apologize for not posting the last couple of days. I do think I'm beginning to lose interest in this game, so I'm calling for a replacement. However before I go, I'll say a few things
Noted

Votecount

GayArchea: (1) Tiruin
OSG: (2) Juicebox, TheDarkStar

5 to hammer
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia: A different Guy needs a Replacement
« Reply #365 on: October 05, 2016, 12:32:45 am »

unvote ... OSG; possibly around uncertainty (as RL issues are pushing my focus a bit awry) but considering my outlook to the other contenders, this is a bit raised towards you.

Though I have to ask: What is your outlook onto our general situation?

kanoguti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 05, 2016, 01:19:19 pm »

I guess we should just twiddle our thumbs in wait of Gay's replacement.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 06, 2016, 07:23:14 am »

Oh fuck it, I'll sub in. Not going to say anything until I get my role PM, though. This seems like a weird game, but it can't be much weirder than Paranormal.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 06, 2016, 10:13:00 pm »

Oh my god this game is a mess.

Anyway, I'll succinctly explain what GA seems to have sort of already done about the power set I have.
Win Condition: Initially, Lynch Deus, currently, Lynch Deus' Killer.
Powers: Single-Use Revive, Inspect (Searches for the killer specifically.)

The inspect is quite useful, but given that I also have a revive I'm likely to be a low-priority target to avoid wasted night-kills. Assuming that Deus wasn't killed by a trigger-happy Vigilante (which seems unlikely considering it means the scum would either have had to intentionally not night-killed, or targeted someone else who was guarded or had night immunity) I'm basically town now.

LurkerTracker seems to be broken, so I can't use that. Irritating.

Anyway, in terms of suspicions, TDS pushing for a day one no-lynch is a pretty big head-scratcher since even a mislynch is generally considered a better result, and while Jack and Tiruin seem to be assuming he's town I really have no idea why. Power roles? I did try to read through the thread, but I may have missed exactly why. Activity is pretty low in terms of contributions, but perhaps I am missing it once again.

Quote from: Kanogouti
So my strong town is currently
Myself
Tiruin
Jack AT
"Soft town" is currently
bearshogun

Any reason you feel the need to put yourself at the top of a "strong town" list? That's generally implied, so it makes me think you have something you're self-conscious about, perhaps something you want to hide. I do agree that at least one of Tiruin and Jack are probably town, though the question persists as to "who."

Editing to remove a typo, but also to see if it leaves a notice that it has been edited...
Hm, no silent editing. At least not by players.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:15:43 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 06, 2016, 10:43:39 pm »

For Lurker tracker make sure you mark the clear db box first.

As for edits, if you edit before anyone else see's your post no edit marker is placed (I think)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 06, 2016, 11:44:16 pm »

Oh my god this game is a mess.

Anyway, I'll succinctly explain what GA seems to have sort of already done about the power set I have.
OH so YOU are GA! :O

Fillipk: What is the insane equivalent of 'third-party'?
Any reason you feel the need to put yourself at the top of a "strong town" list? That's generally implied, so it makes me think you have something you're self-conscious about, perhaps something you want to hide. I do agree that at least one of Tiruin and Jack are probably town, though the question persists as to "who."
I'd like to see your reasoning on this.

PFP

Win Condition: Initially, Lynch Deus, currently, Lynch Deus' Killer.
Powers: Single-Use Revive, Inspect (Searches for the killer specifically.)
Can you cover why GA incidentally kept hinting 'lynch me'; because apparently that with the lack of your wincon--you turned Mafia :v

I'm basically town now.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Not in my mind read.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2016, 12:13:44 am »

NA

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2016, 12:18:05 am »

NA
>_>
I'll just not convolute things further with believing I'm insane, instead believing I'm sane (given the previous results and pattern network), and advocate lynching GA or whomever is their replacement unless their replacement can give full details to alleviate any misunderstanding--and or go against me or stuff :v

UXLZ/GA's Replacement: Please address my night action onto you.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2016, 12:26:44 am »

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Not in my mind read.

... Mind read? Regardless, believe what you will. It is currently my goal to lynch the mafia, so our motives overlap. At least, publicly.

I'd like to see your reasoning on this.

It's fairly simple reasoning, coming from the "nullification" train of thought that basically postulates that IF both of you (currently the two most active and engaged players) are on a Scum team together, then the game is all but lost anyway, therefore at least one of you must be Town or at least non-scum, otherwise the game is essentially over already and it's not worth considering. Yet, at least. 

UXLZ/GA's Replacement: Please address my night action onto you.

Please repeat the question so that I may respond.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2016, 12:28:47 am »

Can you cover why GA incidentally kept hinting 'lynch me'; because apparently that with the lack of your wincon--you turned Mafia :v

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. 'Lynch me' being... What? Lynch GA? Lynch you? I'll need an example of what you're talking about. He may have wanted you to lynch him to lend a bit of credence to his roleclaim due to the revive, but given the nature of this game that's... Not exactly too bright. *In my opinion, at least.*
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48