Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94323 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (10/11) Day 2 well here's your info
« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2016, 02:01:25 pm »

Alright FoU, you're not acting any less scummy than yesterday. Currently, you're [1] basing your vote solely off your inspect, but [5] you don't know if you're sane. You're making lazy cases and not really scumhunting.
TheDarkStar: Fallacy isn't voting for me.  His vote is on BHK for BHK's odd early D2 Tiruin vote .  He wants a case against me and seems to want me lynched (I think?), but his vote is elsewhere.
Granted, the confusion's understandable, considering the lack of attention Fallacy has given BHK since the vote, but still.

Honestly, the usage of "scilians" in GayArchaea's semi-claim seemed like humor as opposed to seriousness.
Fallacy: On second thought...possibly.  Strange and terrible place to put a joke, giving it in a representation of role flavour.  I'm still leaning towards confusion.
[1]: Yes. Plus I inspected you as scum, which gives me something to go off of until proven incorrect.
[...]
[5]: Scumhood in day game? ???. But I'm going off my inspect now. Also lynching you might help me to figure out my sanity.
*So, what happened to the whole thing about TDS and I agreeing about stuff?
*What makes you feel comfortable about going off your inspect in these conditions?
*To be clear: do you want me lynched?
*Also, how's the BHK vote going?  Current thoughts on him?

BHK: How do you feel about your Tiruin vote now?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2016, 02:05:07 pm »

fillipk
2. Yes, any third parties have till then to complete their wincon, and the game doesn't end when third parties complete their wincon.
So does that mean that there are no third parties that can win when the game ends (like survivors/unlynchers etc)?

Tiruin:
TDS:
I'm also going to vote for a No Lynch because we need information.
What information do we get out of a no lynch that we couldn't get otherwise?

Jack: I'm not a cop. I also didn't investigate anyone last night.

FoU: No, and no. Do you think Jack is scum? If you do, what's your case against him? If you don't, why ask about him specifically?
May I ask a general indication of who you are then, if not a cop?
I don't think it'd be beneficial to reveal my role at the moment. My flavour seems to indicate that I've been around here for a long time, so I guess I'm a teacher? I didn't get to do anything last night, though.

Why I say OSG is a probable target is because he can both PROVE HIMSELF AND GA (because the latter, if town, should resurrect OSG if his flip is town).
GA's power implies that he can only revive himself though, which probably makes more sense as far as game balance is concerned.

GA: Is your revive target-able or self-only?

FoU:
Is Jack scum? I dunno. My inspection on him resulted in scum, but I think we all know that reliability is not an absolute in this game. So I'm trying to determine if he's scum.
Why Jack? Why ask other people to make cases on him to support your idea that he could be scum rather than making a case on him yourself? Has he actually done anything that you consider scummy?

[5]: Scumhood in day game? ???.
What do you mean here? Day play is pretty much always when scum die.

[6]: In hindsight, I doubt I'd get enough people for a hammer on OSG before the "deadline" came around.
You're saying hindsight, but you didn't make much of an effort to get him lynched during the day either. Why didn't you ask someone to make a case on OSG instead of Jack? Do you still think OSG is worth lynching?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2016, 02:51:49 pm »

TheDarkStar: Fallacy isn't voting for me.  His vote is on BHK for BHK's odd early D2 Tiruin vote .  He wants a case against me and seems to want me lynched (I think?), but his vote is elsewhere.
Granted, the confusion's understandable, considering the lack of attention Fallacy has given BHK since the vote, but still.
Ah, my mistake. Jack A T.
~~~
Alright FoU, you're not acting any less scummy than yesterday. Currently, you're [1] basing your vote solely off your inspect, but [5] you don't know if you're sane. You're making lazy cases and not really scumhunting.

And yes, I believe this means I'm insane.
Yes, I don't know if I'm sane. Jack A T's lynch will help to clear that up.

I don't think it'd be beneficial to reveal my role at the moment. My flavour seems to indicate that I've been around here for a long time, so I guess I'm a teacher? I didn't get to do anything last night, though.

Deus Asmoth, my flavor doesn't indicate I've been around here for a long time, but I am a teacher.

And besides, your role name should tell you if you're a teacher or not.
~~~
FoU:
Is Jack scum? I dunno. My inspection on him resulted in scum, but I think we all know that reliability is not an absolute in this game. So I'm trying to determine if he's scum.
[1] Why Jack? Why ask other people to make cases on him to support your idea that he could be scum rather than making a case on him yourself? [2] Has he actually done anything that you consider scummy?

[5]: Scumhood in day game? ???.
[3] What do you mean here? Day play is pretty much always when scum die.

[6]: In hindsight, I doubt I'd get enough people for a hammer on OSG before the "deadline" came around.
[4] You're saying hindsight, but you didn't make much of an effort to get him lynched during the day either. Why didn't you ask someone to make a case on OSG instead of Jack? [5] Do you still think OSG is worth lynching?

[1]: Initially, because he attacked me.
[2]: No. Not that I've detected, anyway. I'm going off my inspect, thank you.
[3]: Like... day logic, day inquisition. I'm not going at him because of his behavior, but because of my inspect on him and what would happen once he's lynched(my sanity result is narrowed, his inspect may or may not be invalidated).
[4]: OSG is a less dangerous(in terms of experience) player than Jack.
[5]: Maybe. We could lynch somebody he role inspects to validate him, which works a whole lot better than lynching somebody inspected for alignment. And if he's town... super valuable player.
Though I wonder why he claimed so early. 7 powers is still far from the norm in most games... so there's some pros and cons there.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2016, 03:07:11 pm »

fillipk
2. Yes, any third parties have till then to complete their wincon, and the game doesn't end when third parties complete their wincon.
So does that mean that there are no third parties that can win when the game ends (like survivors/unlynchers etc)?
No, there can be third parties that win when the game ends, third parties that have a specific win condition don't end the game when it is reached, unless they have to kill everyone else.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2016, 02:51:35 am »

@JackI was suspicious of fallacy because D1 he was jumping on anything that could be perceived as slightly scummy.

As for BHK, this piqued my interest when I first saw it, but it wasn't until D2 that it really started to seem suspicious to me. I mean, if he had an inspect, why was he practically asking for a vig to kill OSG?

@BHK Can you answer that question please?

@Fallacy Why would you find it necessary to have Jack help you with your case against him? If you suspect him shouldn't be able to make your own case?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 03, 2016, 03:06:29 am »

I swear that I unvoted Tiruin after the reveals. Unvote
I'm sick right now so I'll be sorta slow to post, give me time to catch up...

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 03, 2016, 02:26:43 pm »

BHK: How do you feel about your Tiruin vote now?
I honestly thought that I had unvoted after the mass reveal.

As for BHK, this piqued my interest when I first saw it, but it wasn't until D2 that it really started to seem suspicious to me. I mean, if he had an inspect, why was he practically asking for a vig to kill OSG?
1 - If they're mafia, then they'll have attracted the attention of another town PR. If they're town, then the mafia would have to be stupid not to off him for such an audacious claim.
2 - I wanted something done to him and I'm not going to claim Cop D1.
Any other questions about my reasoning?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 03, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »

@Fallacy Why would you find it necessary to have Jack help you with your case against him? If you suspect him shouldn't be able to make your own case?

I felt it would give me a good starting point for my own attack. Plus I'm lazy.
~~~
[6] 'In hindsight', so... not a very convincing answer, is it?
Guess not.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 03, 2016, 06:00:31 pm »

@Fallacy But why do you need Jack to give you a starting point for your attack. If you think he's scum, shouldn't your starting point be right there in what he's already posted?

And laziness is no excuse for not making your own case

@BHK 1. That makes sense, but in your post in D1 you seem to be operating under the assumption that he's scum.

2. The thing is, since you had an inspect, you could be assured that someone would action him during the night. So why make this post?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2016, 06:01:42 pm »

Also BHK, can you please answer Tiruin's question?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2016, 06:16:44 pm »

@BHK 1. That makes sense, but in your post in D1 you seem to be operating under the assumption that he's scum.

2. The thing is, since you had an inspect, you could be assured that someone would action him during the night. So why make this post?
1. Seven powers. Who the hell makes a claim like that?
2. Why am I concerned about who interacts with him during the night beyond investigation or killing?
Also BHK, can you please answer Tiruin's question?
I've probably overlooked it. Please remind me?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2016, 06:55:54 pm »

[1] @Fallacy But why do you need Jack to give you a starting point for your attack. If you think he's scum, shouldn't your starting point be right there in what he's already posted?

[2] And laziness is no excuse for not making your own case

[1]: Could I work just based on what he's already posted? Maybe. But then again, I wanted a better starting point for my own argument.
[2]: Yep.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »

[1] @Fallacy But why do you need Jack to give you a starting point for your attack. If you think he's scum, shouldn't your starting point be right there in what he's already posted?

[1]: Could I work just based on what he's already posted? Maybe. But then again, I wanted a better starting point for my own argument.

uh what

This is clearly not town play - you are trying to create a case to match a vote, rather than the other way around. Why?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2016, 07:32:28 pm »

uh what

This is clearly not town play - you are trying to create a case to match a vote, rather than the other way around. Why?

Exactly this FoU

I'm beginning to think more and more that I'm sane

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2016, 08:18:54 pm »

PFP: Traveling back home for Memorial Weekend, been on the road all of today. Sorry for inactivity.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48