Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94364 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (10/11) Day 2 well here's your info
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2016, 07:58:36 pm »

TheDarkStar: Why did you inspect Fallacy?

I found him suspicious. See: My vote on him yesterday (which apparently got dropped from the end-of-day votecount? fillipk, was that mod error or intentional?)

ARGH Part II - How To Information
Communication is important to Mafia.  That means explaining suspicions and responding to questions...

TheDarkStar: Do you think that from my perspective, it might be a bit suspicious that you and Jack have echoed each other's votes?
TheDarkStar: Still no comment on this question.

If you act more suspicious, more people will vote for you. That's not an indication that everyone else is suspicious/scum, it's an indication that everyone else finds you suspicious.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2016, 09:03:49 pm »

Tiruin, why did you choose TDS? You didn't seem especially suspicious of him during the day.
Aye indeed good sir! That's why I picked him! I didn' seem...especially suspicious of anyone. o_O So I picked him, with Jack being a 2nd contender alongside you.

That said, given all the claims presented, I move forward with the offer of being the lynch target as of today.
First is to check if Fillipk's posts can maliciously be edited (cuz I'm town :V)
Second is to re-adjust the claim movement--there's a motif of resurrection here and GayArachnea is best off being open with their motives on how to use them.
Third is OSG and his multibox power funtime deal--of which I have still received no answer. :P You're the cop out of all the cops dude! There's one that is a bit different from the others here.

read-edit: Oh woah, BHK inspected OSG O-o
I inspected Tiruin since I've played with her as scum so I feel I can read her responses a little better than any one else.
Yeah and...be aware that detailing these 'reasons why' should come alongside or before you begin telling things like these. To give personal contrast--I explained why I night-action'd TDS while being tired and sleepy because of the fallout of information. :P

So, what's your insight on me since you didn't vote me outright? What's your insight on me and Jack as of our first posts. I'd like to know your impressions.

Discovering if I'm sane or not can be easily confirmed by lynching Tiruin. The only overlap has been me and Jack, and we both got the same result. However I think that'll be different quite soon.

I'll say it now: You're insane. :3
Or scum. Alongside Jack. In a two-person combo with weird funtimes.

[...]
Anyway, these results are a mess.  They are a mess, and they can't all be accurate results.  There's enough incompatibles that the problem cannot reasonably be explained solely through liars.  Something is messing with results.  With this many cops, a form of structural inaccuracy (such as sanity) is the most likely problem by far (as opposed to, say, a single framer for some reason).  There is no good cause, as far as I can tell, to hold any confidence in any N1 cop result yet.[...]
FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME!
...I can't think of a good Princess Bride reference to back that kind of similarity of thinking up though. :I

{probably talking to Jack...}
I inspected Tiruin and you did too, we got the same result and after a couple pages you unvoted each other. I don't really care why for this since I don't trust myself to be able to tell a ploy from not a ploy. Your one of the more noticeable players in this, and FoU and BHK aren't really seeming scummy to me, since I understand what BHK means and i think FoU's reactions are appropriate.
Yeah, and Jack also came up as Mafia, so we're bussing each other hard and being misleaaaading. :V
but seriously. Playing into 'I inspected you! D:<', it's always better to move FROM that viewpoint into a constructive alternative.
Like the plans being drawn up now.

no. I do not have an alignment inspect. Just a role inspect. Has anybody claimed a power other than cop that I should check?
That's my point since earlier. :-[ Please catch up and address what's being said? :D
Also you and GA seem to be outliers here with powers totally different from the norm.

Possible theorem II:
> Some people are "hidden" ...Uh, how do you say 'hated townie' in investigate form? As in, they don't know it but they inspect as BLEH and stuff. So hidden Godfathers too if possible {because since I'm TOWN :V, I'm suspected I'm H8ted, or something. Maybe because I'm 'just a teacher' and all that}
> To detail this, i've to poke seemingly unnecessary proofs--the POWER RESULT of one's ability use. And since I'm not directly quoting as this can all be paraphrased easily by a skilled writer:
You send out your mind at TDS and discover that he is part of the town.
There's no flavor!

Fillipk: Two questions to be answered separately
> Is one's personal flavor important to them?
> Is flavor important?

...I somehow also have the silly idea of vote-lynching OSG because he stands out alongside GA. If he's town--GA can resurrect anyway, sans my request up there in bold.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2016, 09:59:31 pm »

Fillipk: Two questions to be answered separately
> Is one's personal flavor important to them?
> Is flavor important?
1. Not more then any other game
2. Maybe
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2016, 02:19:15 am »

PFP

Since we need more contradictory results, I got a result of scum on my inspect of fallacy.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2016, 02:50:35 am »

PPE: Even messier.
juicebox: Why did you inspect Fallacy?

ARGH Part III - The Illuminati Jack A T Mafia Conspiracy
I'm tangled up in two major conversations right now.  One's the pretty one-sided one with Tiruin, and the other's the discussion I'm having with Fallacy.

I'm somewhat confident in saying that Tiruin is probably town.  Why?  It's simple: some of her earlier comments on me ooze confirmation bias, a mental shortcut that only really makes sense if one really holds the position one is wildly confirming.
I mean, just look at the following:
Somehow, a comparison of Tiruin to Vizzini based on her behaviour and the Mafia inspect (the Mafia being very much Sicilian, like Vizzini) became a thing not only to be carefully examined, but to be integrated into wild theorizing about my possible plans and plots (which may or may not have involved plans and plots of Fallacy).

Now, Tiruin starts moving away from this general position very quickly.  However, she writes in a very stream-of-consciousness style, and much of her writing is very much immediate reactions to whatever she has read at the time.  Her posts are, to a great extent, a record of her thought process, and her semi-immediate thought process at that point is unscumlike.

Anyway, these results are a mess.  They are a mess, and they can't all be accurate results.  There's enough incompatibles that the problem cannot reasonably be explained solely through liars.  Something is messing with results.  With this many cops, a form of structural inaccuracy (such as sanity) is the most likely problem by far (as opposed to, say, a single framer for some reason).  There is no good cause, as far as I can tell, to hold any confidence in any N1 cop result yet.
FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME!
Tiruin: Anyway, let's talk a bit.  I cannot help but question this entire sentence: my position isn't really new (it's basically just an expanded version of my "we've got sanity problems" comment with slightly less certainty), and unless you suddenly agree with my snarky dismissal of your framer theory, it's not your position.
Do you now agree with the snarky dismissal of your framer theory?
I've constructed the above idea because I know I'm town--but I also know TDS is town, and thus positioning accordingly.
And, for that matter, how do you know TDS is town, taking into account your agreement with my lack of confidence in N1 cop results?  Note that you're portraying this knowledge as equivalent to your knowledge of your own alignment: high confidence.  What do you base this on?
That said, given all the claims presented, I move forward with the offer of being the lynch target as of today.
Why propose pure-info-lynching in favour of scum-catching-lynching?  We've already wasted one opportunity to lynch scum.

And then there's Fallacy...
Even when an OSG lynch supporter came along, you sat back and let the group-set deadline fly by. 
How bout some context on that.
Was really just lazily done snark.
I'm gambling on the possibility that we have a vigilante who is competent enough to realize that his claim is nothing sort of insane. Besides that, if seven powers wasn't enough of a reason to have the town put him up, I have little faith in my vote resulting in anything.
This.
Fallacy: You act as if this context changes anything.  It doesn't.  BHK was clearly an OSG lynch supporter, context included.
That's beside the point, though.  You had time to make an argument.  You had time to push for a lynch that you thought would be significantly better than a no lynch.  You had time to force people who had not discussed the matter to take public positions.  You had time to generate evidence and create a record of debate on a lynch prospect.  You declined.  Instead, you sat back and did absolutely fucking nothing.  You didn't even fight to the deadline and then no lynch.  You didn't even try to contribute in another way.  You just slumped back and let the deadline pass.

And why did you do nothing?  You indicate agreement with BHK's lack of hope, but do not directly answer the question.  Was it a lack of hope that led you to not even ever try to get OSG lynched?  If so, had you expected a wagon to magically coalesce without anyone trying to bring it together?

I act as though tone is irrelevant because it isn't really what I like to focus on. Fallacy of Urist. Hence: logic.
And this makes dismissal an effective approach to someone noting your tone...how?

I didn't notice him not answering the questions. But yes, I would be quite happy if he answered those two questions.
That's my point.  Now answer my question.  You weren't paying attention to whether he answered the questions.  You didn't bother to pay attention.  Why didn't you pay attention?

*Why should you? Well... because I asked, relatively nicely? And because it might help me to work on my own argument against you. Or if you're looking for some benefit it has for you, you can construct a counterargument for each point you put up...
Uh-huh.  Well, then.  An answer:
I see no factional value in self-indicting, especially for someone I don't trust.  Make your own cases.
Anyway, why exactly did you ask me to make a case against TDS and I for you?

Also, in case you didn't notice them, Deus's questions should be answered.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2016, 09:01:44 am »

Yay!
~~~
And then there's Fallacy...
Even when an OSG lynch supporter came along, you sat back and let the group-set deadline fly by. 
How bout some context on that.
Was really just lazily done snark.
I'm gambling on the possibility that we have a vigilante who is competent enough to realize that his claim is nothing sort of insane. Besides that, if seven powers wasn't enough of a reason to have the town put him up, I have little faith in my vote resulting in anything.
This.
Fallacy: [1] You act as if this context changes anything.  It doesn't.  BHK was clearly an OSG lynch supporter, context included.
[2] That's beside the point, though.  You had time to make an argument.  You had time to push for a lynch that you thought would be significantly better than a no lynch.  You had time to force people who had not discussed the matter to take public positions.  You had time to generate evidence and create a record of debate on a lynch prospect.  You declined.  Instead, you sat back and did absolutely fucking nothing.  You didn't even fight to the deadline and then no lynch.  You didn't even try to contribute in another way.  You just slumped back and let the deadline pass.

[3] And why did you do nothing?  You indicate agreement with BHK's lack of hope, but do not directly answer the question.  Was it a lack of hope that led you to not even ever try to get OSG lynched?  If so, had you expected a wagon to magically coalesce without anyone trying to bring it together?

I act as though tone is irrelevant because it isn't really what I like to focus on. Fallacy of Urist. Hence: logic.
[4] And this makes dismissal an effective approach to someone noting your tone...how?

I didn't notice him not answering the questions. But yes, I would be quite happy if he answered those two questions.
[5] That's my point.  Now answer my question.  You weren't paying attention to whether he answered the questions.  You didn't bother to pay attention.  Why didn't you pay attention?

*Why should you? Well... because I asked, relatively nicely? And because it might help me to work on my own argument against you. Or if you're looking for some benefit it has for you, you can construct a counterargument for each point you put up...

Uh-huh.  Well, then.  An answer:
I see no factional value in self-indicting, especially for someone I don't trust.  Make your own cases.
[6] Anyway, why exactly did you ask me to make a case against TDS and I for you?

[7] Also, in case you didn't notice them, Deus's questions should be answered.

[1]: And yet he didn't even vote OSG.
[2]: Seems I changed my mind, then. Why? Because if OSG's town, we just offed our most powerful townie. Think I might inspect him tonight.
[3]: See above.
[4]: Not liking tone arguments won't make them go away. So dismissal isn't really effective. Not as though anything else's effective in this case, though.
[5]: I'm fairly certain that it was because I was more focused on his plan to no lynch to avoid an endless day one.
[6]: Thought I could use it as a basis for my own case against you. Guess it won't be that easy.
[7]: Alright then.

[8] So in spite of two players being in favour of lynching him, you didn't think it was worth trying to make a case?

[9] So, either hang himself or make a strawman argument that you can then point out is a strawman? What would be the point of that?

[8]: See [2]. Also, who was the second player in favor of lynching him?
[9]: Not necessarily a straw man argument, I'm fairly sure. The point of that would be that it would help me to build my own case against him. But I suppose he wouldn't go for that. Better idea:

[10]: Deus Asmoth, are you a cop? And would you please construct a case against Jack A T for me?

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2016, 04:34:16 pm »

TDS:
I'm also going to vote for a No Lynch because we need information.
What information do we get out of a no lynch that we couldn't get otherwise?

Jack: I'm not a cop. I also didn't investigate anyone last night.

FoU: No, and no. Do you think Jack is scum? If you do, what's your case against him? If you don't, why ask about him specifically?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2016, 06:28:26 pm »

Green point two: Argument based on... tone. Uh huh.
I'm not sure what this corresponds to in your markings, but you act as if tone is irrelevant.  Please explain.  (Please clarify in general, honestly.)
Jack A T: Please construct an argument from my perspective on why you and TDS are the scum team.
Jack A T, TheDarkStar: If you have not given out the number of your powers, please do so.
TheDarkStar: Do you think that from my perspective, it might be a bit suspicious that you and Jack have echoed each other's votes?
TDS: Why didn't you answer the above questions to you?
Question you missed turned green. Please answer, mate.
~~~
FoU: No, and no. Do you think Jack is scum? If you do, what's your case against him? If you don't, why ask about him specifically?
Is Jack scum? I dunno. My inspection on him resulted in scum, but I think we all know that reliability is not an absolute in this game. So I'm trying to determine if he's scum.

But you know what I think? I think quite a few players are using the fracas going on with the more active players to avoid getting attention on them. Or to distract from their lurking. Hence: questions!

TheDarkStar: Deus Asmoth's question is a good starting point. Answer.
juicebox: Who are the top three players you want to investigate tonight, and for what reasons?
I would like someone to inspect me tonight, by the way.

I don't feel like using my inspect tonight.
The Moonlit Shadow: Why? And why?
origamiscienceguy: Are you the headmaster of the school? Who are your top three picks for a role inspect tonight, if you would use it?
BlackHeartKabal: My laziness compels me to ask you the same question as juicebox.
GayArchaea: You can revive once... out of sheer hate, according to you and OSG. How is that a town power? Or is it not a town power?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2016, 06:50:05 pm »

BlackHeartKabal: My laziness compels me to ask you the same question as juicebox.
Tiruin - Mafia result, and therefore a prime suspect. Also a convenient sanity test.
TDS - Gut feeling. He strikes me as odd, and I want to satisfy that, but not over actual suspects.
Jack A T - He's too competent at the game to leave alone.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2016, 06:57:16 pm »

Just had my first calculus quiz, should have studied more. Anyways, I'll come back with a post in a few hours.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2016, 07:44:08 pm »

PFP

@Jack I inspected Fallacy because I too was suspicious of him

@Fallacy
Tiruin, for the same reason as BHK,
Jack, because I would like to see him confirmed,
and BHK, because he's starting to seem a bit suspicious to me.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2016, 08:08:14 pm »

"Well this is more exiting, I mean it's still scary but way more exciting then before the break. I mean what happened during the break, wait I already know, I read your minds." You hear a distant rim shot echo through the halls.

Vote Count:

Tiruin: (1) - BlackHeartKabal
BlackHeartKabal: (1) - FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist: (1) - Deus Asmoth
No Lynch: (1) - TheDarkStar

6 to hammer
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:41 pm »

I decided to reveal that to try to get people talking about the purpose of text editing.
OSG: Alright.  What do you feel your claim adds to the discussion, particularly considering my earlier claim?
origamiscienceguy: Still want answers to these, too.
The rule about being able to edit posts was definately out of the ordinary. I suspected that there must have been some sort of power activated by post edits, and I was trying to see if anybody knew of it. As of now, I still have no clue why we are even able to post edit, since as far as I can tell, it serves no purpose. I don't have a normal cop inspect.

Third is OSG and his multibox power funtime deal--of which I have still received no answer. :P You're the cop out of all the cops dude! There's one that is a bit different from the others here.
I am a role cop, but I can't find out orientation. This could be either way, I am not sure which roles are good and bad roles, which is a shame, but given how this has gone so far, im not sure how useful detecting people would be. Either there are a lot of sanity issues (in which case, people should check someone that has already been checked.

It is my opinion that we should not go with a no lynch today. But I have no idea who it should be, since there is no way that all cop inspects were accurate. I'll sleep over it, and maybe have an idea tomorrow.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2016, 08:46:39 am »

FoU: I will not say anything or answer any questions about this.
... this is the first time I have ever been stonewalled in such a manner when I asked a question.
I'll expect a following up tomorrow.
~~~
OSG:

origamiscienceguy: Are you the headmaster of the school? Who are your top three picks for a role inspect tonight, if you would use it?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2016, 11:06:54 am »

I would like to inspect someone who had not claimed cop yet, which I think is only you.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 48