Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Scum Win!  (Read 43847 times)

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Stinkin' Seven - Day 2 - 2 Replacements Needed!
« Reply #315 on: September 25, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »

DampUngulate
Eh, let's go with origamiscienceguy next! Would you lynch a scumbuddy if you had only one? If not, what would make you lynch a scumbuddy?
You're right, twas hardly a bandwagon, but he had no reason to jump on him and still did. It may be that it was just carry over from being a newbie and throwing one's vote around like one does in meatspace mafia, so that's why I still suspect Vishdafish.

Oh, and I FoS'ed you because I wanted it known that I still don't trust you. It wasn't really to get you to crack at all.

Vishdafish: You must have reads other than circumstantial evidence.  Tell us who had been behaving suspiciously.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 4
« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2016, 04:32:14 am »

Hey... It's the weekend. Stop poking me.

imic why didn't you follow my plan before claiming?
What plan? Gimmea tick whilemI check for it...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3 - 1 Replacement Needed!
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2016, 04:33:45 am »

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2016, 03:28:24 pm »

PFP
You're my favourite Tiruin. I'm just back for a taste I think; probably won't have time for full games anymore.

Tiruin:[...]
[/quote]Y'know I lost all metaknowledge on you implicitly and had to construct all my notes from scratch again,

And, in due process, I begin to understand what's going on.
IC tip: If you find yourself under attack--one of the best tools at hand is to-, and this is a life tip too: Listen.
What went through my mind was first: Confusion. I didn't get why you were going to say tunneling as you didn't explain why.
But what I saw in helping me, is to get how you got to that idea in the first place--I can always ask later on, but getting the gist of it also helps.
So what I could conclude foremost, was you seeing me vote TBF then lay out of it afterwards; yeah, I can see how that can be interpreted as tunneling, but it wasn't my intent in doing so. Herein I mention my own understanding: What I noticed was TBF was acting in a subtly averse manner--somewhat aloof, so to speak, so I voted him twice over as my early votes back then were more for pressure than anything else at hand. Considering the nature of the game, they were also towards forwarding my suspicions or to apply a manner of sternness, in order to get their focus or attention more than if it was a bolded name. I rarely if ever use the blue FoS.

Also the above is more player than IC narrative--but I've written it as such to explain the IC parts that'd help others if adding thoughts like these would help.
In your case, of course, you didn't actually answer the question at all, just critiqued it.
Are you satisfied now, why I cannot answer it directly? :P
I cannot answer it directly because it is not a question that applies; the question works by the book and theory. And is also answered above.

To get a definitive answer. "Who else do you think might possibly be scum" doesn't carry the same weight or pressure.
Ah, I saw it as a 'strange' thing because of the 'else'. It was like 'does this person know something?', because I didn't have in mind a particular scum target.

As LARD said, focusing on one person is fine. Except, of course, when you're an IC and you've done literally no other scumhunting for the entire game. I don't care about your TBF vote - it was in your first post of the game and was basically RVS. Name one other person you've pressured in any meaningful way. I get that you're an IC and you need to give advice, but there's nothing of substance besides advice in your posts.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ._.
I've...made my focus more on people processing their hunting rather than hunting people out by initiative, and I have admittedly been watching Imic, vish, and the other newbies quite much too at the expense of me proceeding with my wincondition.

Also, it should be pretty obvious by now that Imic's not scum, so I'm not sure what you're doing there besides trying to lead a lynch on a power role.
REALLY NOW?
While I agree as this was my most prominent impression about him--on the flip side, it is also possible that he is the last scum, as his words could all conform to that manner too, sans the idea of risk in claiming JAILER.

*lies on the ground*
I'll make it.
I hope.
If you are the doctor, do not claim
Crap.
You...are drawing quite a lot of implicit attention with these posts--a post is your word, imagine you mentioning these things in a crowd; without speaking to others, you speak about yourself. It usually or probably goes to follow that others will catch on. Silently.

Imic, can I ask you to clarify your position here?
Could I also ask why your posts have been along the theme of self-worry?
And are you going to act like this in future games? (Also why do you act like this?)

All of those self-worry comments can be done personally. In mind. Unposted. As they don't have an effect on the game other than occupying your posts...and thus the attention of other people, commonly.

But on advice--if you're the doctor or have a doctor-type ability, and in the proceeding day/night, the person you targeted is still alive AND there is no notice of a night/daykill, claiming is NOT a good idea unless the context (ie # of players left) provides a better opportunity than if you hadn't claimed, as this is less 'straightforward' in deducing the effectivity of the knowledge of your role in public.
Taking in the idea of 'entailing', this can be easily contrasted to the idea of a cop-claim. A doctor-claim relies on induction, wherein you cannot be sure whether or not you have protected the person--as the choice (which is added into the thinking) remains on SCUM to kill or not. A cop-claim relies on deduction, wherein no matter what they do, you already have a valid result and can claim forthwith. BOTH however, are susceptible to the 'fakeclaim' which is an all-around counter-action to these things, but depending fully on how the person responds (and in an unknown variable--the existence of the role in question; it is rare to have 2 or more of the same roles in a game unless otherwise mentioned [or it seems 'plausible' to have them in multiples])

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2016, 04:08:48 pm »

@TheWetSheep: What is your evidence and arguments for if not to convince the rest of the town to lynch someone?
@LARD Right now, my main suspects are you and OSG. OSG for the no lynch thing, and you for snow dwarfs previous statement and voting people who are unlikely to town. I don't know what to think about Tiruin and Imic, as Tiruin dosent seem to be voting much in previous days, or making a substantial contribution to town and I don't know whether Imic is playing dumb or not with the claiming thing.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2016, 12:47:20 am »

I'm acting self - worried because that's how I always act when I'm not near other human beings
I'm probable not going to do much mafia, so who knows.
Oh well. I accept my fate, whatever that may be. The mafia is going to kill me tonight anyway.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2016, 06:45:50 am »

LARD:
DampUngulate
Eh, let's go with origamiscienceguy next! Would you lynch a scumbuddy if you had only one? If not, what would make you lynch a scumbuddy?
You're right, twas hardly a bandwagon, but he had no reason to jump on him and still did. It may be that it was just carry over from being a newbie and throwing one's vote around like one does in meatspace mafia, so that's why I still suspect Vishdafish.
I was accusing vishdafish of bandwagoning. But yes, I figure you might be right about him being town, if only because of that line. I would like the record to reflect that I saw it first, however, he has still acted scummy enough and tactfully enough before hand, so my vote is staying where it is for now.
So neither of your reads are very strong at all? Feels to me like you're just making up bad reasons.

Oh, and I FoS'ed you because I wanted it known that I still don't trust you. It wasn't really to get you to crack at all.
I see, trying to cover yourself in case your first choice lynch doesn't pan out.

Tiruin:
What went through my mind was first: Confusion. I didn't get why you were going to say tunneling as you didn't explain why.
But what I saw in helping me, is to get how you got to that idea in the first place--I can always ask later on, but getting the gist of it also helps.
So what I could conclude foremost, was you seeing me vote TBF then lay out of it afterwards; yeah, I can see how that can be interpreted as tunneling, but it wasn't my intent in doing so. Herein I mention my own understanding: What I noticed was TBF was acting in a subtly averse manner--somewhat aloof, so to speak, so I voted him twice over as my early votes back then were more for pressure than anything else at hand. Considering the nature of the game, they were also towards forwarding my suspicions or to apply a manner of sternness, in order to get their focus or attention more than if it was a bolded name. I rarely if ever use the blue FoS.
That's actually not what I was talking about, sorry. When did you vote TBF twice over? All you did was a single RVS vote.

Anyway, what I was talking about was your hunting today, which has all focused on Imic. Unless you count that bit on day 1 with TBF, which I wasn't really, then he's pretty much the only person you've pressured all game. That's not exactly pro-town.

Also, it should be pretty obvious by now that Imic's not scum, so I'm not sure what you're doing there besides trying to lead a lynch on a power role.
REALLY NOW?
While I agree as this was my most prominent impression about him--on the flip side, it is also possible that he is the last scum, as his words could all conform to that manner too, sans the idea of risk in claiming JAILER.
So not only are you tunneling, but you're also tunneling someone you don't even think is scum? If you don't think he's scum, what are you doing with your vote? (Of course there's a possibility, but does it really look like that? Would a low-profile player like Imic make such an unnecessary claim?)

vishdafish:
@TheWetSheep: What is your evidence and arguments for if not to convince the rest of the town to lynch someone?
They are to convince, but not to allow people to sit back and do no work themselves.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3
« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2016, 11:02:50 am »

Day 4

Votes

You all throw accusations around like confetti, everybody with a different opinion, nobody standing out from the crowd...

vishdafish - LARD (1)
TheWetSheep -
LARD - vishdafish (1)
origamisciencyguy -
Imic - Tiruin (1)
Tiruin - TheWetSheep (1)

No Lynch -

Extensions (1 remaining) - 0/2 -

Shortens - 0/3 -

Day 4 will end at 2pm on Wednesday, US Central Time, or 27 hours.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 27, 2016, 07:41:15 pm »

Well shoot, we need to come to some decision.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2016, 10:04:14 pm »

I'm gonna vote for IMIC again.

I don't like how you claimed without reading what people before posted (if I am to believe that you just "missed" my plan) And your resolution to death makes you seem like a gambiting scum to me. I don't think a doctor would go down so easily, especially since the "scum" CAN'T kill you tonight if you role block the scum again. Seems fishy.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2016, 12:51:38 am »

Oim dead. Well, at least I know how to play next time. I accept my fate.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2016, 12:59:18 am »

Oim dead. Well, at least I know how to play next time. I accept my fate.

PFP
No, you've to WORK WITH WHAT'S GOING ON NOW, rather than give up and say 'at least I know how to play {in the vague future whenever I want to try next time}'. The present is the opportunity for you to work in applying your knowledge. You're balking against votes which aren't even that solid; the primary way one learns is by interacting in the present--you won't learn much if you keep it merely on the drawing board of the mind.

You interact, you adapt, you learn.
You do not hide because of anxiety. That is avoidant behavior--one which will not help (both spoken by myself as an IC, from personal experience, and in thorough studies of these kinds of attitudes).

I also lack the time to do a complete response.
But try to respond more than 'oh dear, oh me, oh my' and fatalistic ideology like 'I give up, I accept my fate'.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2016, 07:34:37 am »

LARD and wet sheep know each other, so I can't read anything from their interactions, which there aren't any. I thought that LARD was a bit suspicious, but he doesn't seem so any more. I had forgotten about origami scoence guy's plan, and Hector had forgotten to email me about what roo had done in the past, which was nothing. He seems to be holding this over my head a lot a lot, but this would not be the kind of thing that scum would do. Scum would not mention anything about jailor, so as that when they did claim, the scum would be able to dispose of them. Because of this, I do not think that origami is scum. Tiruin has been doing a lot of talking, and accusing me of scum.

This is what I can tell, and I now present something else.

What if I was scum? Well, the REAL jailor would claim! I would be lynched by now, and town would win. If I wasn't jailor, the town would all know exactly who the scum was: the person who claimed to be the jailor... But the jailor was lynched.
Town would win either way.
But this hasn't happened.
Therefore, according to this, I must be telling the truth.

Maybe mafia is my sort of thing after all...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2016, 07:50:25 am »

@Imic: Having said this, who do you believe is scum?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2016, 08:04:50 am »

I am not sure.
Everyone seems guilty, and innocent at the same time.

I role blocked LARD, which makes him mightily suspicious. Either he said something that upset the scum, or he is the scum.

I'm not sure about origami, but he is holding a lot over my head, and mainly the same thing, too. He could be voting for me so as to dispose of me, but the same could be said for anyone voting.

Vishdafish... I'm not sure.

Tiruin, has been... Suspicious, but that could just be him trying to find the scum, which is fine, but, he has voted for me, possibly so as to... Get rid of me. But still, see my thing on origami.

Overall, I'm not aure. Vishdafish... Seeems clean, but I'm somewhat reluctant to trust anyone.

Btw, EXTEND EXTEND EXTEND
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26