Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - Scum Win!  (Read 43860 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 3 - 1 Replacement Needed!
« Reply #300 on: September 22, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »

extend, i feel like it is relevant here.

@TheWetSheep Oh wow, can't believe I missed that.

@Tiruin Teneb said that a round without killing could put town off. Although now I think on it, the best time to do this would be when there are only 4 people left, at least.

Really, right now my biggest suspicion is LARD, due to the combined evidence of Imics claim and the quote from snow dwarf.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 22, 2016, 03:35:41 pm »

Day 4 has been extended until Wednesday, 2pm US Central Time, or 142 hours and 30 minutes.

There is one extension remaining for Day 4.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Noisome Nine - (7/7 players, 2/2 ICs) - Day 1
« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2016, 04:57:14 pm »

LARD:
vote TheBiggerFish. He seems kinda fishy. (Pardon the pun)

Fair enough, the second one was pretty close to yours, but there was a vote update between your vote and Tiruin's.
Also, sorry to double post, but it is precisely because I have no context or made any valid arguments against TBF that it makes me more likely to be town.
What in the hemorrhaging sphincter are you on about?  The reason you are town is that you do not think about where your vote goes?  I would like this statement retracted. Even the rest of the quote doesn't provide any justification for this.

A real scum would have lynched his scum buddy on day 2 at the minimum. They would have an opportunity to justify themselves and appear town. D1 lynch scum buddy is an extremely stupid idea for mafia. Instead of pushing me about this point, I think OSG's argument that any potential power roles would have investigated him is more suspicious. No real proof, and it is a wild assumption, considering about ~4 players were active in D2.
You didn't lynch him. Tiruin and Teneb did. My accusation of bandwagoning still stands.  We can assume that any of OSG's logic has to be taken with salt because he advocated for nolynching. This isn't something a mafia would do, just a shortsighted townie.  Besides, predicting scum behaviour is so pointless because while we are trying to predict them, they are trying to be like us.  You're looking more and more mafiaesque every post. 
Are you serious? Take a look at Tiruin's and Teneb's votes:

roo:What are you going to do this time?
{TBF is not a newbie, so I might as well pick this as an example of a random question. People ask them in the start of any game to get discussion started. Sometimes they are useful, though more often than not they serve just to get people posting. Sometimes these are accompanied by random votes to apply pressure and see how people react.}

TBF
{This is one such vote. You can also use the blue-coloured finger of suspicion, but I find it to be useless.}

TBF
> Why only poke one person as the start of your game? And why Roo in particular?
> How do you perceive being voted in a Mafia game? Do you think about the voter's motives, or is there something else in mind?

Do you think RVS votes have more substance than ones coming from baseless suspicions?

Reads so far: OSG, vishdafish, Imic are town. Scum is LARD or Tiruin.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2016, 05:02:56 pm »

Dammit sheep, what are you doing here?
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2016, 05:32:22 pm »

Pardon the expletive. I really don't get what point you're trying to make. I was accusing vishdafish of bandwagoning. But yes, I figure you might be right about him being town, if only because of that line. I would like the record to reflect that I saw it first, however, he has still acted scummy enough and tactfully enough before hand, so my vote is staying where it is for now.

But to confuse me, either somebody attacked me last night or a mafia was idle so my suspicion will go back to TheWetSheep for the suspicious bandwagoning and vote bouncing of his predecessor, the conspicuous absence of the predecessor and subsequent nonviolent night, and the interactions of said predecessor with the now dead scum.

Tiruin: You're tunneling. Who else is scum?

Tunneling is fine as long as she has good reasons for it.  As Pandarsenic so eloquently put it
If you have a reason, tear off his face and eat it then spit it back at him. If you don't, push him until you get something that confirms your suspicions or MOVE ON.
Why is tunneling bad? I make my suspicions known and press as hard as I can on the person that I suspect. There's nothing wrong with that.
If you had read carefully, you would have seen that Vishdafish has had a habit of trying to think like mafia.  He hasn't exactly been bashful about it, so I guess that's a point in his favour, but I can't help feeling like that quote that made him less suspicious was intentional.

LARD:
vote TheBiggerFish. He seems kinda fishy. (Pardon the pun)
Now Tell me fish, why are you voting for fish vishdafish? (If you see fish, always say fish :P)
Do you see what I see here?
I'm afraid I don't, apart from copious amounts of fish. Oh I get it, defending a scum buddy. Hmm, yes.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2016, 08:46:41 pm »

OSG:
Well, you could just as well be scum desperately fake claiming.
Do you actually think that or are you just trying to get an easy accusation?
I had a nice plan where the doc could reveal who he/she jailed while not revealing. He didn't follow that plan, and still hasn't answered why. I was slightly suspicious.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LX: The Sickening Six - Day 4
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2016, 09:00:42 pm »

PFP

THEWETSHEEP!! :)) LONG TIME NO SEE! :D
Tiruin: You're tunneling. Who else is scum?
Ok, first of all--to anyone utilizing brevity in their sentences; impact is contextual, and depending on how you word your forwardness or advance. Here, I am not affected at all  by the vote because I can reason out (as in while reading) that this is incomplete--tunneling is known as a common 'tell' or indicator, not to be taken as a rule but as a guide, of possible scum behaviors (ie something I'd love to reformat as a 'guidelist' because I'm seeing that bunch a' rules like 'HOW TO TELL A LIAR' when noting body language; it predisposes one's insight rather than teaches the value of context and insight within assuming non-verbal mannerisms. Non-verbal mannerisms apply too in READING.)

So, I'd like to ask you a few things, TWS:
> Pressure vote much, in brevity? :v
> "Who else is scum" is a very definitive statement. What's your intent with that kind of wording?
> I'm tunneling [in your eyes], what's with tunneling? Expand and write down your reasoning for your vote to have more solid impact overall please.
--Why I voted TBF was because I was noting something that garnered my interest, I didn't 'know he was scum' if there's any indication your way; I even unvoted him and he lynched up Mafia. How does that correlate with your accusation of 'tunneling' towards me?

Reasoning is one very good tool in facing anxious situations; this is a thin line between reasoning and 'evading the query by asking back another query', so that must also be taken into note in making your response.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 23, 2016, 05:45:19 am »

THEWETSHEEP!! :)) LONG TIME NO SEE! :D
You're my favourite Tiruin. I'm just back for a taste I think; probably won't have time for full games anymore.

Tiruin:

Ok, first of all--to anyone utilizing brevity in their sentences; impact is contextual, and depending on how you word your forwardness or advance. Here, I am not affected at all  by the vote because I can reason out (as in while reading) that this is incomplete--tunneling is known as a common 'tell' or indicator, not to be taken as a rule but as a guide, of possible scum behaviors (ie something I'd love to reformat as a 'guidelist' because I'm seeing that bunch a' rules like 'HOW TO TELL A LIAR' when noting body language; it predisposes one's insight rather than teaches the value of context and insight within assuming non-verbal mannerisms. Non-verbal mannerisms apply too in READING.)
The thing about brevity is that it gives people more freedom with their responses, which tells you more about them. A really detailed question usually writes somebody's response for them, and that's basically useless. I'd rather have somebody figure out for themselves what I'm meaning and respond to that - more chances to trip.

In your case, of course, you didn't actually answer the question at all, just critiqued it.

> "Who else is scum" is a very definitive statement. What's your intent with that kind of wording?
To get a definitive answer. "Who else do you think might possibly be scum" doesn't carry the same weight or pressure.

> I'm tunneling [in your eyes], what's with tunneling? Expand and write down your reasoning for your vote to have more solid impact overall please.
As LARD said, focusing on one person is fine. Except, of course, when you're an IC and you've done literally no other scumhunting for the entire game. I don't care about your TBF vote - it was in your first post of the game and was basically RVS. Name one other person you've pressured in any meaningful way. I get that you're an IC and you need to give advice, but there's nothing of substance besides advice in your posts.

Also, it should be pretty obvious by now that Imic's not scum, so I'm not sure what you're doing there besides trying to lead a lynch on a power role.

LARD:

Dammit sheep, what are you doing here?
I'm just here to get you lynched <3

Re: Tunneling, see response to Tiruin.

Re: Vishdafish, my point is that his was the only vote of substance on a scum lynch. Yeah it was bandwagon-y, but so is pretty much every BM day 1 lynch. It evens out to pretty much a null tell in my opinion.

But to confuse me, either somebody attacked me last night or a mafia was idle so my suspicion will go back to TheWetSheep for the suspicious bandwagoning and vote bouncing of his predecessor, the conspicuous absence of the predecessor and subsequent nonviolent night, and the interactions of said predecessor with the now dead scum.
What's the point of FoS-ing me here? It's definitely not pressure, since you're not giving me anything to respond to.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 23, 2016, 02:15:28 pm »

...but, since nobody's posting anyway, I guess I will address it. Point by point.
so my suspicion will go back to TheWetSheep for the suspicious bandwagoning
Already addressed, but I feel like bandwagoning is often seen as the worst thing anybody can do ever. It's not. It's just easy to notice and call out.

and vote bouncing of his predecessor,
How is this scummy during RVS?

the conspicuous absence of the predecessor and subsequent nonviolent night
Fair enough but the lack of kill also incriminates you.

and the interactions of said predecessor with the now dead scum.
Show me? I looked through and couldn't find what you're talking about.

Oh, and vishdafish:
extend, i feel like it is relevant here.

@TheWetSheep Oh wow, can't believe I missed that.

@Tiruin Teneb said that a round without killing could put town off. Although now I think on it, the best time to do this would be when there are only 4 people left, at least.

Really, right now my biggest suspicion is LARD, due to the combined evidence of Imics claim and the quote from snow dwarf.
No, you don't get to just come in, contribute nothing, and piggyback off my reasoning for your vote. Can you do some hunting or something?

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 23, 2016, 06:55:53 pm »

Wow, you sound much harsh. Oh well.
The FoS was just to make it clear that I didn't trust your predecessor.  Bandwagoning and votebouncing are tells, especially because he didn't, in his bouncy rage, vote for the scum. The only interaction he had with TheBiggerFish was when the latter called the former to account for doing nothing.
Spoiler: Here (click to show/hide)

I am of course speaking under the assumption that you assume I'm going to speak as if I am not mafia. You know that's a useless point to make, so why did you make it?

To get a definitive answer.
And how's that working out for you?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2016, 01:14:55 am »

Tiruin, vishdafish, Imic and origamiscienceguy have all been prodded.

I am reasonably sure they are all alive...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2016, 04:08:33 am »

*lies on the ground*
I'll make it.
I hope.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2016, 01:16:59 pm »

No posts :(

LARD:
Wow, you sound much harsh. Oh well.
The FoS was just to make it clear that I didn't trust your predecessor.  Bandwagoning and votebouncing are tells, especially because he didn't, in his bouncy rage, vote for the scum. The only interaction he had with TheBiggerFish was when the latter called the former to account for doing nothing.
Spoiler: Here (click to show/hide)
This is mostly fair. Except... where did you pull bandwagoning from? I just did a quick skim of the game again and found zero.

I am of course speaking under the assumption that you assume I'm going to speak as if I am not mafia. You know that's a useless point to make, so why did you make it?
Same reason you fos'd me.

To get a definitive answer.
And how's that working out for you?
It's really not my fault that Tiruin dodged the question entirely.

Imic: Can you help please? Scum aren't going to tell us that they're scum. Figure out why somebody looks suspicious and pressure them on it. "Making it" shouldn't be your first priority.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2016, 02:39:24 pm »

Hey... It's the weekend. Stop poking me.

imic why didn't you follow my plan before claiming?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2016, 02:46:08 pm »

'Tis, but I should've poked y'all before the weekend, I'm just lazy.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26