Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Vinland  (Read 32627 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Vinland
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2016, 03:19:58 pm »

I agree with mild, right now we need more reliable income- building a longhouse can wait until we have a sufficient income. Also, the money spent on military was necessary- if the natives arent friendly we will need them.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2016, 03:48:01 pm »

I wasn't involved in the military decision so I won't comment on it except for the fact that the amount spent on military equals the amount needed to start up any trade good we have access to at the moment.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2016, 04:14:10 pm »

I agree with mild, right now we need more reliable income- building a longhouse can wait until we have a sufficient income. Also, the money spent on military was necessary- if the natives arent friendly we will need them.
We already started with a decent military due to our massive Martial score.  It might not have been sufficient to conquer anyone, but it was certainly enough to guard our location.

As for what to do, I say that Rolepgeek's plan is best, save for possibly the logging. I would rather go and see about getting some iron instead, as I think we should still have timber from the last year.

The logging industry is threefold: domestic income, trade income, and building materials.  If we already have the logging industry underway, we'll already have the resources necessary to build things, which should cheapen the costs at least somewhat.  The resources we brought over from Iceland are extremely limited, especially since Iceland itself is not affluent.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2016, 07:56:35 am »

We already started with a decent military due to our massive Martial score.  It might not have been sufficient to conquer anyone, but it was certainly enough to guard our location.

As for what to do, I say that Rolepgeek's plan is best, save for possibly the logging. I would rather go and see about getting some iron instead, as I think we should still have timber from the last year.

The logging industry is threefold: domestic income, trade income, and building materials.  If we already have the logging industry underway, we'll already have the resources necessary to build things, which should cheapen the costs at least somewhat.  The resources we brought over from Iceland are extremely limited, especially since Iceland itself is not affluent.

Aye. I agree. What we need to do is worry about making a buck and some relatively permanent structures. Timber is the way to do this. In fact, later on we may be interested in building a mill. That would really give us a lot of material to play with as well as make the timber easier for transport and provide us more money.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2016, 10:15:13 am »

You know nothing Jomar Thoraldsson

Odds house is at the very edge of the village, surrounded by a buddying garden of various herbs. As you knock on the door and don't get an answer you decide to look for he in the garden behind the house. Carefully you step around her freshly planted house-ash (remembering the weird and confusing story Mjoll told you about) and find the seidskona struggling with a particularly persistent thistle.

As she stands up angrily tossing the tenacious plant behind her back she notices you.

With a teasing grin she looks at you.
"Ah, our benevolent leader, the mighty Jomar Thoraldsson, gracing me in my poor estate. What can i do for you?

Write in []

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2016, 11:22:49 am »

"Bear me a heir."
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2016, 11:40:25 am »

((Isnt it slightly too early to start making children?))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2016, 02:37:05 pm »

A bit, yeah.

"Run the colony?" with a grin and raised eyebrows.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2016, 02:49:36 pm »

A bit, yeah.

+1

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2016, 03:03:50 pm »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2016, 04:07:31 pm »

That gets a +1 from me!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2016, 05:00:41 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2016, 07:00:56 pm »

Throw in a +1 from me.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2016, 03:04:34 am »

I'm for above also.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2016, 06:10:14 am »

"My, Jomar, one might think you are offering a marriage!" again this beautiful teasing grin.

"One could indeed construe it as that..." you are offering back in a flat tone.

"But rather seriously i could indeed use some input...."

soon enough the two of you are working hard on the minutae of running the colony. Yes you are working. No you are not doing anything untoward. Yet.

By the end of the year you find yourself newly wed, and Odd pregnant. What can you say...Odd is attractive.

You have married Odd
Odd is pregnant

((Okay this is still shit but im tired of rewriting this over and over. Originally i intended to have an entire row of small side-quests but i am terrible at writing this romance stuff, so in the end i decided to gloss over it...however Omakes of how the two came together are appreciated and will give bonuses to the actual game...anyway proceeding to the proper turn update))

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36