Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Pursuit of [Un]happiness [Cyberpunk 4/4]: [Im]plausible Deniability  (Read 11293 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pursuit of [Un]happiness [Cyberpunk 4/4]: [Im]plausible Deniability
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 06:35:54 pm »

"The thing about debts is that you can just not pay them." Akira chuckled. "It worked for me!"

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 06:45:11 pm »

"The thing about debts is that you can just not pay them." Akira chuckled. "It worked for me!"

Tilts his head and smirks

"That very much depends on the debt, my dear."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 06:57:42 pm »

"But we're metal killing machines now!"

She makes a face and jeers, although you can't quite see the face part: "WE decide the terms of the negotiation."

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 07:10:16 pm »

"[color=blue]So... are these red blip things your team or the other team?[/color]"

Gazes at the contents of the box.

"What-the-fuuuuuck... Arctic Wolf DMR? What's that? Besides the obvious, anyway...

Could you also tell us what exactly is in this sub-building thing? It'd be a bit of a shitter to "help you out" and then appear on the 6 o'clock news, wanted for terrorism.
"

Uhh...

I really hate to be the one to break this to you, but that's kinda already in the works. See, th- ah shit, bossman is yelling at me to get you moving, so I gotta make this quick. The dude in the scary as fuck armor is a former gangboss in the city, big deal in his heyday. The one that looks kawaii as fuck happens to have a pretty strong connection to the Yakuza, thought I doubt she has any idea. You happen to have enough drug dealers in your debt to start your own in-house operation if you wanted, and the last guy once designed an expert system for chemical processing and distillation. Individually you're all just people. But Neu- Team Flaming Asshole, has made a pretty compelling story that shows how Gangboss got a new girlfriend who used her Yakuza ties to get a cashflow injection to his gang operation in order to build an automated drug lab distributed through your network. Their original idea was to have you eliminate us, rinse you, call in the boys in red, and chalk the whole mess up to violence between two gangs duking it out in the same dying building.

One way or another, you're set up to be a criminal. Sorry. :(

Oh, but yeah, you're definitely going to get labeled as a terrorist. We're asking you to be a distraction, you're not exactly trained as a surgical strike team. 

Well, I dont like owing debts and I have no love for the police either. I suppose I can help a bit with your problem. But ya gotta do something for me. My gang was scattered and broken after the crackdown. Get your Team Liberation Unicorn or whatever to gather five still loyal members, and I will blow up the police station. Ya can hand me the members after I, Jamie looks around, observing each other person individually or we, do the job.

I can even help ya in future missions. So, whaddya say, deal?

She makes a face and jeers, although you can't quite see the face part: "WE decide the terms of the negotiation."

Okay, my boss is super pissed at me for spending this long on you guys, so I should probably tell you that this really isn't a negotiation. You're going to go over to that precinct and blow it to hell, 'cause. Um. I didn't erase everything that team Asshole was trying to do to you. They put in a kill switch, and I just... changed it.

So, I know this is really a bummer for you guys, but if you don't do what we want, my boss will probably order me to ice you in order to stay on the safe side. Sorry. :(  :(

I've literally got like thirty seconds here before we have to move, so if there are any other questions before the bossman literally grabs me by my perky ass and throws me out the door, shoot. I'd really like to tell him that you're on board before he asks me to snuff you. 

The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2016, 07:13:51 pm »

"Er... Sleepwalker, seeing as how you just saved our brains, uh... what would you do to is if we refused?"

"Well, like I said, it depends on the debt."

Let's out a long sigh.

"I'm in Sleepwalker. Life was getting a little boring anyway..."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2016, 07:19:02 pm »

"I'm in, I guess. That "kill switch" of yours doesn't sound fun."

Adam gestures at the other three, before pointing at the box.

"We'd best get moving, then. Get this over with."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 07:27:03 pm »

"...Oh."

A thought hits her.

"Wait they operated on my BRAIN!? Please tell me it didn't leave scars all over my face! Oh no!"

She loads a rocket into the chamber and grabs a shotgun, ejecting a shell out onto the floor.
"I'LL KILL THEM!"

(Also get an SMG as a sidearm)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:20:52 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2016, 07:55:03 pm »

"Oh well, look on the bright side guys- we get to blow stuff up! By the way, if anyone wants to take the C-7, go for it! After all, its not like I have the brains required to use it."

Take DMR, four impact grenades, G172 and rocket launcher.

((Am I correct in assuming the G172 is a SMG of some sorts?))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:16:41 pm by vishdafish »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2016, 08:09:45 pm »

Take an H&K pistol, a grenade and the remaining shotgun

((are our characters aware of what their strike suits can do?))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2016, 08:20:56 pm »

Take a G172, a machine-pistol, and two packs of C-7.

((Also assuming G172 is a SMG.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 09:43:37 pm »

((G172 is a caseless SMG developed off of the now very old G11.))
((Also, I made a mistake, there's only one rocket launcher (Hence why there's only two rockets in the crate). So the girl gets it. Bitches love cannons.))

((If you have any modifications to make to this, speak your piece now. Turn itself will come tomorrow.))
Spoiler: Current Loadout (click to show/hide)
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2016, 05:31:28 am »

I shall take a machine pistol too in that case.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2016, 07:43:45 am »

All

Great! Excellent! Well, I'm going to tell bossman that you're on board with all the terrorism. Now, just remember that the suits are damn good pieces of tech, and that you don't really have to destroy anything specifically. All we want you to do is be REALLY distracting until we're done. When we're done... Well, you'll know it when it happens.

As you select weapons from the crate, their weight and feel dramatically unfamiliar to most of you, more text begins scrolling across the bottom of your vision. The protean suit casually informs you of optimum ranges, soft body penetration, windage compensation, and current magazine status. A tiny loading symbol forms in the lower left corner of your vision, pulsing a couple of times before flashing red.

Warning: Protean Sync near minimum operational levels. Combat capabilities will be limited. Listing available tactical options...

The list it generates is short, but rather interesting to consider. The Strike Suits appear to have some rather... interesting functionality.

I'm going to mark the precinct on your HUD. Just... raise some havoc, OK? You make it through alive and we'll talk about disabling that kill switch.

A second red marker glows on your vision: a large, block shaped building three blocks north. Multiple routes, denoted by tracing yellow lines, spin across your vision. Most of the lines die out, leaving only three main routes.
  • The first route has you dropping straight out the window, skyjacking a cargo drone as it passes beneath you, and riding that to the roof of the precinct.
  • The second route involves using the building's dead elevator shaft to get down to ground floor, hijacking a food truck, and driving it through the front doors of the precinct.
  • The third route is the same as the second, except that upon reaching street level it calls for you to enter the subway system and us the lines to reach the precinct from below, blowing your way into the middle of the precinct.
You have the distinct feeling that the suit has a much higher estimation of your training and natural abilities than is reasonable.

Spoiler: Akira Nagamoto (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jamie Walters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ernest Quinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adam Jones (click to show/hide)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2016, 07:59:43 am »

"Although the first route sounds...interesting, I think we should go for the second route. Too many things can go wrong in the air, and I would rather not be turned into decorative art for the pavement.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2016, 08:07:16 am »

"That third route sounds best. I don't feel like jumping out the window, and I don't think the cops'll be prepared for anyone to blow their way in from below."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8