Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dwarven Mining Company - A Dwarfy economic and capitalism simulator. (Turn 1)  (Read 13401 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I goofed and somehow charged all the guilds double for wages, will fix that.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Underground Sweatshop is offered 5 quality  1 and 5 quality 2 workers for a total of 150g.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The National Union of Miners has just hired a Quality 3 Worker, bringing it to a total of 10 Workers, or 16Q1E. They also announce a new Price-Match Scheme: The entire party will be available at whatever price Clan Daredsson (Kashyyk) charges for its party. Since the NUM group is objectively better, there is absolutely no reason to choose them over us!

Also, Manored, you're a filthy liar, there's no way you've got a SR of 6. All guilds are advised to avoid business with Baron Evilstein for this deliberate and evil ploy.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Manored, you're a filthy liar, there's no way you've got a SR of 5. All guilds are advised to avoid business with Baron Evilstein for this deliberate and evil ploy.

FTFY
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the point, Manored claims to have an SR of 6. It's probably a mistake, looking back at it, so apologies for the rudeness of my initial statement.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Offering 8 Workers, total 12 Quality Units, for 150g. Using SR 5 reduces the price to 115g.

The National Union of Miners has just hired a Quality 3 Worker, bringing it to a total of 10 Workers, or 16Q1E. They also announce a new Price-Match Scheme: The entire party will be available at whatever price Clan Daredsson (Kashyyk) charges for its party. Since the NUM group is objectively better, there is absolutely no reason to choose them over us!
Also, there kindof is. If they would rather you go out of business. :P

In fact, considering it says -100g, I think it's rather suspicious to claim that you were able to pay 30g for a tier 3 worker. At minimum, if it rounds, -75 or -76 gold means you can't really do that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So its a choice between 15q1e for 150, 12q1e for 150 (since my SR is already set at 4), another 15q1e for 150, or 16q1e for 150. At this point I'm either just going to agree to terms with Tiruin or see if the guilds are willing to renegotiate any prices to avoid bankruptcy.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, you could play that game.

Here's my reasoning, though. It cost me 40g to upgrade the workers I did. It costs me 60g in wages to pay my workers. Food costs are unknown, but while I can go a turn without food, I'd rather not plan on that sort of endeavor, so I'm estimating about 40g in costs for that. 150g for unknown SR means I get 10g actual profit.

The mines, meanwhile, make about 14g average profit per Qual1 worker they hire, at 10g current rates. They make a profit even if they roll a 1.

Guilds have to sink a majority of the costs involved here. All you pay for is SR, and you don't even have to do that.

So sure. I'll offer 120g for SR4. At a loss. You don't wanna take that? I'll sell to your competitors. I bet they know a good deal when they see it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I would reconsider this price war. I have more money spare than you. I could easily bankrupt you.

Namely:

If the NUM does NOT rescind the above, Clan Daredsson will offer its workers out at 5g per Q1E. In total, 15Q1E for 75g. This means we will both make a net loss due to food, and I have more money to fall back on.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If the NUM does NOT rescind the above, Clan Daredsson will offer its workers out at 5g per Q1E. In total, 15Q1E for 75g. This means we will both make a net loss due to food, and I have more money to fall back on.
Deal, assuming the offer remains valid.
Decided to take Tiruins deal due to planned contract.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:52:53 pm by DontBanTheMan »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I didn't get a PM update, Vivalas. :P :)

Yeah I goofed and somehow charged all the guilds double for wages, will fix that.
And I was working on PM data.
Can we have a turn re-update for Guilds now? :P

So its a choice between 15q1e for 150, 12q1e for 150 (since my SR is already set at 4), another 15q1e for 150, or 16q1e for 150. At this point I'm either just going to agree to terms with Tiruin or see if the guilds are willing to renegotiate any prices to avoid bankruptcy.
I'll scale down my offer to 5 each for each Ql1 worker I've got and 10 each for the QL2 workers (meaning I still have 10 dudes at the same ratio of 1:1)--offer stands only for this turn as I've done a few calculations in my free non-stressy time, and it seems better to make a relationship along with earnings to the MINES first, if provided that the Guilds can support themselves; I however will have 75g if the update request goes through and will hit 0g next turn.

Err, the rest of the uncolored text is like the print on the contract, still needed but the colored part is like the bolded portion (if ever that existed in a contract since everything is important :P)

...Err, do we know the bankruptcy point @Vivalas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bankruptcy is -100g. Says in the OP.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

manored

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven god of pointless violence
    • View Profile

That's the point, Manored claims to have an SR of 6. It's probably a mistake, looking back at it, so apologies for the rudeness of my initial statement.
Its a mistake, yes. The original maximum SR was 6. Due to a logical error (the mechanic for accidents was the dice rolling greater than or equal to, which made SR 1 useless) the maximum SR was changed to 5 (and the mechanic changed to greater than only), but I keep forgetting.

So yes, by promised SR of 6 I mean promised SR of 5 =)

Offering 8 Workers, total 12 Quality Units, for 150g. Using SR 5 reduces the price to 115g.
DEAL at 115g.
In the beggining, there were the dwarves

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Bankruptcy is -100g. Says in the OP.
Alriiiight :3 I won't be hitting that mark! (unless food bids go higher than 3 per person :v)

I'll scale down my offer to 5 each for each Ql1 worker I've got and 10 each for the QL2 workers (Totalling at 75g, working for the mining resource with expectations of increased subsidy and wages in the next turn)

Addendum: The Golden Hands are open to offers of increased workforce, and makes it their motto to honestly state their current numbers/quality to prospective contractors.

Priority goes to DontBanTheMan here given his SR promise, but it is open for others after DBTM's response.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll scale down my offer to 5 each for each Ql1 worker I've got and 10 each for the QL2 workers
Deal for a total of 75g.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:03:08 am by DontBanTheMan »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9