Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Dwarven Mining Company - A Dwarfy economic and capitalism simulator. (Turn 1)  (Read 13387 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

The National Union of Miners has just hired a Quality 3 Worker, bringing it to a total of 10 Workers, or 16Q1E. They also announce a new Price-Match Scheme: The entire party will be available at whatever price Clan Daredsson (Kashyyk) charges for its party. Since the NUM group is objectively better, there is absolutely no reason to choose them over us!

I would reconsider this price war. I have more money spare than you. I could easily bankrupt you.

Namely:

If the NUM does NOT rescind the above, Clan Daredsson will offer its workers out at 5g per Q1E. In total, 15Q1E for 75g. This means we will both make a net loss due to food, and I have more money to fall back on.

Deal. (its meant to be blue, or did that change? guilds red, mines green, deal blue?)

Alos, not sure what color to use here. Oarpaddles is selling all its spare coal at whatever price the rules say.

(info spoiler will be edited in shortly)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

If the NUM does NOT rescind the above, Clan Daredsson will offer its workers out at 5g per Q1E. In total, 15Q1E for 75g. This means we will both make a net loss due to food, and I have more money to fall back on.

Deal. (its meant to be blue, or did that change? guilds red, mines green, deal blue?)
I remove the caveat for this.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I remove the caveat for this.

What caveeat? I still pay 75g for the equivalent of 15 Q1 workers, right?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The caveat regarding NUM. It just guarantees your deal.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Ah ok.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, there kindof is. If they would rather you go out of business. :P

In fact, considering it says -100g, I think it's rather suspicious to claim that you were able to pay 30g for a tier 3 worker. At minimum, if it rounds, -75 or -76 gold means you can't really do that.
The former is entirely correct. The latter is due to Vivalas's accounting error, my bank balance should have been -45, if I remember correctly.

Quote from: Kashyyk
I would reconsider this price war. I have more money spare than you. I could easily bankrupt you.
Maybe. But given the first turn, I have pretty much already lost by now. You haven't and will probably throw away your chances of winning by operating at a loss, as other guilds aren't.

In any case: The National Union of Miners' previous offers are rescinded. The new offer is 90 Gold, for 16 Q1E. Given the fact that each Q1E brings in, on average, (1.75*15.6=)27.3g, this is still more profitable than Clan Daredsson's or the Golden Hands' offers (Kashyyk and Tiruin respectively).
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

In any case: The National Union of Miners' previous offers are rescinded. The new offer is 90 Gold, for 16 Q1E. Given the fact that each Q1E brings in, on average, (1.75*15.6=)27.3g, this is still more profitable than Clan Daredsson's or the Golden Hands' offers (Kashyyk and Tiruin respectively).
Did you calculate what a Q2 worker gains, on average? :P
Because you'll also be calculating FOOD BIDS (which is per worker) alongside that. Yeah we can fill up mine #'s, and I believe that should be an actual priority, but there's got to be a balance in between.
Although I do agree it is more profitable...for mines, that is. Hopeful that you'd bid for food quite reasonably.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since four deals have already been made and the fifth mine is AWOL, I think TopHat is gonna be out of a deal.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I apologize for my inactivity during this turn, I've been preoccupied with other things. I am in the process of fixing those accounting errors, which will be reflected in the Turn 2 report. Also I will be extending this turn for 24 hours, even though the 4 active mines have come to agreements, because I feel as if my error may of caused some players to err on their decision.

Also, there kindof is. If they would rather you go out of business. :P

In fact, considering it says -100g, I think it's rather suspicious to claim that you were able to pay 30g for a tier 3 worker. At minimum, if it rounds, -75 or -76 gold means you can't really do that.
The former is entirely correct. The latter is due to Vivalas's accounting error, my bank balance should have been -45, if I remember correctly.

I'll have to go and look at your file, but I think this is correct. It is also worth noting you still have 8 workers, since the loss of one was due to my mistake.

Anyways all my accounting errors have been rectified. I didn't send PMs to guilds, but the actual amounts are in the Turn 2 update.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:36:50 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since four deals have already been made and the fifth mine is AWOL, I think TopHat is gonna be out of a deal.
There's nothing in the rules against backing out of a deal and accepting a better one.
I'll have to go and look at your file, but I think this is correct. It is also worth noting you still have 8 workers, since the loss of one was due to my mistake.
Wouldn't that mean I still have 9, since the 8 figure includes the loss?
Also, no worries about the inactivity, I haven't exactly been very active either.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's nothing in the rules against backing out of a deal and accepting a better one.
Wouldn't that mean I still have 9, since the 8 figure includes the loss?
Also, no worries about the inactivity, I haven't exactly been very active either.

Oh yeah, I thought you had 8 to begin with.

Also, there is a rule against backing out of deals, deals are final.

THINGS I NEED BEFORE TURN 3:

-Coal bids
-Food bids
-Mine SRs

I currently have 2 mine SRs, 2 coal bids, and 2 food bids. Please get these into me. Guilds, if you don't get a bid in to me, your bid will be 1d100. Mines, your bid will be last turn's bid, and if you don't send SR, it will be last turn's SR as well.

Edit: This isn't necessary, but if you would like to calculate your own balance when you PM me upgrades and such that would be greatly appreciated. One player did this and I liked it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:49:39 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

manored

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven god of pointless violence
    • View Profile

Is this ded?
In the beggining, there were the dwarves

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope not. I was looking forward to playing this.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys, sorry for my absense. I'm REALLY sorry for not being able to update in the past week, but I've been really busy. This is not dead, and an update is coming tomorrow. I plan on trying to keep to the 3 day schedule after this short hiatus.

Hopefully everyone is still hanging in there, since if too many people have left (which I totally understand if you choose to not participate anymore), this will indeed have to be cancelled unless others take their place. I really hope this isn't the case.
- Charles Babbage

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Hey guys, sorry for my absense. I'm REALLY sorry for not being able to update in the past week, but I've been really busy. This is not dead, and an update is coming tomorrow. I plan on trying to keep to the 3 day schedule after this short hiatus.

Hopefully everyone is still hanging in there, since if too many people have left (which I totally understand if you choose to not participate anymore), this will indeed have to be cancelled unless others take their place. I really hope this isn't the case.
I'm always in for a good time :P That means 'as long as the GM is into these, I'm all for it'. Unless RL issues come in, but that's usually implied to be notified.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9