Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Dwarven Mining Company - A Dwarfy economic and capitalism simulator. (Turn 1)  (Read 13393 times)

manored

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven god of pointless violence
    • View Profile

The production "phase" is not really a phase so much as me processing the turn and starting the next one. I'm pretty sure I mentioned coal bids in the "bidding phase", but, dunno.  :-\
Yeah, that was just me not reading that part carefully enough. Oops.
In the beggining, there were the dwarves

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Whoah Whoah Whoah Whoah Whoah. Tiruin. The compliments are nice and all but that is some serious undercutting. Are you sure you want to get into that sort of price war?

I actually want us to match the prices of the past bidders since we're ALL missing out now, but given the other mines lacking Fat Wallets, I'm feeling really :I'ey at it. So it's less undercutting due to competition and me messing around with mechanics (and also thinking about 'hey why don't I earn a lot from my mine dude. They'll like the income and I can be paid back later on!).

Insider Trading: Player can view the "details" of one turn, such as the all the PMs for SR / qual and the prices paid by rivals for coal / food bidding. (one use)
If I owned a Mine, I'd hire you out immediately given your honesty on the line with this. :P

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The processing phase for Turn 1 will start now. Please do not post on the thread or reply to the PMs I send you until I post Turn 2. This will probably take around 30 mins.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 2

Slate 304. The hamlet of Akamkokeb is not doing so well. With the 2 guilds in trouble due to the lack of management of two of the mines, the workers aren't doing so well. The National Union of Miners had to lay one of their workers off due to hitting the debt limit set by the 1st Bank of Akamkokeb. As for the two foreman-less mines, both foremen are assumed to be missing after the wagon carrying the two unlucky nobles is now one month over schedule. Both are assumed dead, after a search party sent along the trail from the mountainhomes is unable to find any traces of the ill-fated wagon. The board of shareholders of Noland Mines has made no comment about the missing foreman, but Urist Rockworks has appointed a new foreman, despite the mine's original founder and namesake being missing. (Don'tBanTheMan has taken the place of MoonyTheHuman. Please welcome him!). On the bright side, there were no accidents in the mines nor any disasters.

MINES:

Spoiler: Oarpaddle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peatpeak Mining (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Underground Sweatshop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noland Mines (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Urist Rockworks (click to show/hide)

GUILDS:

As for Guilds, they all start with 5 Qual 1 workers.

Spoiler: Clan Daredsson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Expendables (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Golden Hands (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Dwarfly Quarterly (click to show/hide)

Whew, that was interesting. I hopefully PM'd you all. If anyone wants to replace Roboson, please PM me and you can take his place as soon as you want, unless he replies by then. Additionally the two inactive mines have lost 50g in "taxes" to make them more even with the mines who actually played :/. Sorry to the two guilds that didn't get any work, hopefully with another active mine, you'll still have to compete, but not as much.

In the main trading depot, a young clerk dwarf posts the starting trade price for coal for the first of the month...

COAL PRICE: 15.6g

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:38:27 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Considering that on average, the typical qual 1 worker brings in 2 coal (though I understand not always), I will henceforth base my offers on this.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Manored, as you were my previous partner, I will offer you this special deal:
Clan Daredsson will provide five qual 1 and five qual 2 workers to the Underground Sweatshop for a total of 200gp. 13.3g per Q1E (Qual 1 Equivalent).

For anyone else, I would have offered it for 15g per Q1E.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting observation is that if you're a MINE, you can not accept any bidding whatsoever and still come out OK with your current funds, while us Guilds have to compete and wage for bids to be accepted :v

See my 0g? The turn after the previous one can work as a deductive marker to see if the previous QL is true compared to the numbers being given. Mines, however, don't...seemingly need to do much or anything TO survive since there's a lack of needed upkeep.
That means manored and that other guy who has 150g. :P

Still selling all 10 at 100g. I have an upkeep of 150g.

Balance issues to note.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting observation is that if you're a MINE, you can not accept any bidding whatsoever and still come out OK with your current funds, while us Guilds have to compete and wage for bids to be accepted :v

See my 0g? The turn after the previous one can work as a deductive marker to see if the previous QL is true compared to the numbers being given. Mines, however, don't...seemingly need to do much or anything TO survive since there's a lack of needed upkeep.

Balance issues to note.
I will accept this offer or offer you a fixed rate for up to three turns of you want, +10 gold per turn elongation (so 120/turn gold fixed rate for 3 turn), plus I'll pay for the further employees you hire. Does this interest you?
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Balance issues to note.
I will accept this offer or offer you a fixed rate for up to three turns of you want, +10 gold per turn elongation (so 120/turn gold fixed rate for 3 turn), plus I'll pay for the further employees you hire. Does this interest you?
Sure! :D The offer at present and depending on future events, the wages will be adjusted (so I won't die out by 150g/turn payments).
But I have no idea who you are on the playerlist...It would be hilarious if you'd make a mine and adjust the SR to the lowest possible rate to compensate. :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Not any more Tiruin, as we'll be paying a variable amount on food each turn.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:40:10 am by Kashyyk »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Balance issues to note.
Sure! :D The offer at present and depending on future events, the wages will be adjusted (so I won't die out by 150g/turn payments).
But I have no idea who you are on the playerlist...It would be hilarious if you'd make a mine and adjust the SR to the lowest possible rate to compensate. :P
Heh, would be humorous. I've taken over Urist Rockworks, and I'll guarantee your workers an SR of 4 and wages of $10-$12/turn each (depending on the length of the contract). I'd prefer if you kept at least 5 qual2 workers, but go ahead and fill the rest with qual1 (max mine size of 15 for this turn at the very least).

EDIT: just reevaluated your manpower costs, so I'll go ahead and bump up my offer to $10/worker, and $20 per each of your 5 qual2 workers for a total cost of $150. The contract will bump this up to $11/$22 and $12/$24 respectively for each worker offered.

Note: this offer is not set in stone, and though it's directed at Tiruin I am willing to negotiate alternative offers.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

In light of the bad Condition of the Mines by and large, the Expendable Guild offers 10 Quality 1 Workers at the price of 15 Gold with no restrictions on SR.

Given that the average Qual 1 worker brings two coal in, you make a profit of 15 Gold per Worker without having to invest into Security

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: just reevaluated your manpower costs, so I'll go ahead and bump up my offer to $10/worker, and $20 per each of your 5 qual2 workers for a total cost of $150. The contract will bump this up to $11/$22 and $12/$24 respectively for each worker offered.

Note: this offer is not set in stone, and though it's directed at Tiruin I am willing to negotiate alternative offers.
I accept this compounding offer per turn as long as this continues for at least the next three years--set under a stable 12/24 for all three, but starting this turn on 10/20. Afterwards, the prices are negotiable.

Going to renegotiate into a stable price setting since we've to bid for food--and we've yet to still see the earnings of miners and mines(And/or worker problems).

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

In light of the bad Condition of the Mines by and large, the Expendable Guild offers 10 Quality 1 Workers at the price of 15 Gold with no restrictions on SR.

Given that the average Qual 1 worker brings two coal in, you make a profit of 15 Gold per Worker without having to invest into Security
Accepted, taking all 10.

Hopefully I'll make enough money on coal to not go bankrupt.

((I really undervalued my coal, and rolled a one on production. Yeesh.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

manored

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven god of pointless violence
    • View Profile

Manored, as you were my previous partner, I will offer you this special deal:
Clan Daredsson will provide five qual 1 and five qual 2 workers to the Underground Sweatshop for a total of 200gp. 13.3g per Q1E (Qual 1 Equivalent).

For anyone else, I would have offered it for 15g per Q1E.
Yer going to have to go lower, I'm seeing more manpower around that the mines can probably take up so why should the prices rise?

Its true that being a mine is probably easier, but don't forget its a competition. Mines who sit on their butts and don't do much won't win.

Hiring Qual 1 miners, minimum of 5 maximum of 15, 10g a head. Promised SR of 6.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the beggining, there were the dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9